Status: Finished.

Lost In A Moment.

Liquid Confidence.

As soon as Alex disappeared, Hannah started screaming her heart out towards her parents and she managed to slip out the fact that Alex had been sleeping in his car for the past two years, something the two didn't know about. Knowing this, made Josh and Nora confident that they'd done the right thing.

Hannah ran upstairs as soon as she managed to get away from her apologizing parents, who kept repeating 'He's alright, Han, he just needs to calm down. He'll be back before you know it.' Sadly, Hannah had a feeling in her stomach that it wouldn't be the case. Not this time around. "Where the hell is it?" Hannah said through gritted teeth as she threw her pillows on the floor in the search for her phone. Then finally, she found it. Dialling Alex's number, which she knew by heart, she sat down on her bed, shaking. 'Please, pick up,' she whispered to herself as she listened to the annoying ringing on the other side of the phone. "The one you're trying to call has either turned their phone off or is somewhere-"

Hannah swore and threw her phone against the wall. 'Fuck,' she whispered as fresh tears fell from her ocean blue eyes.

She didn't know what to do. Or where he could be. He didn't have a flat and he didn't have that many friends... Wait; Hannah thought as she sat up on her bed in realization. 'Jack,' she spoke her best friend's name out loud. 'Maybe he went over to Jack's place,' she continued to speak to herself and as soon as she realized she was talking to herself. Hannah quickly climbed off the bed, praying her phone still worked and that Alex had thought like Hannah had and gone over to Jack. Jack had become one of Alex's closest friends and they hung out quite a lot. They often reminded people of brothers and Hannah had to agree. Hannah grabbed the phone and silently thanked whoever was looking over her for letting her phone be intact. She pushed Jack's number, which she also knew by heart, and pressed it against her ear.

'Hello?'

'Jack!'

'Hannah? Hey, what's up?' Jack asked casually which made Hannah's heart drop. Alex wasn't there but Hannah needed to ask anyway. 'I- I need you to be completely honest with me. Alex, is he, is he there or have you talked to him lately?'

'Han, what is going on? Has something happened to Alex?' Jack asked and Hannah could hear the concern in his voice. Hannah sighed as she rubbed the back of her neck. 'He... He left,' Hannah whispered. 'What do you mean? He left?' Jack asked confused.

'My parents did some digging into his past. A past he didn't really want everybody to know about,' Hannah said and sighed. 'About his family?' Jack asked and Hannah opened her mouth to speak when Jack continued, 'About them being... Y'know, dead?'. Hannah felt slightly relieved that someone else knew. 'He told you?' Hannah asked. 'Yeah, well... You remember that night Alex stayed over, because of the storm? When my parents were away visiting my aunt and uncle?' Jack asked and Hannah did remember that night. Jack had asked Alex if he had wanted to come over and jam, which Alex had thought was really nice - especially seeing as he didn't have that many friends in Baltimore.

'Yeah well, we decided to raid my dad's liquor cabin and Alex had a bit too much to drink, and well, I said that I looked at him as a brother and he broke down bawling his eyes out,' Jack said and Hannah felt her eyes fill with tears. 'And he told you,' Hannah finished what Jack had been saying. 'Yeah, and then he told me.'

None of them said anything for a while, until Jack decided to break the silence. 'Do you have any idea where he could be?' he asked and Hannah sighed. 'No, I- I have no idea and it's so frustrating. I- I don't want him to leave me, Jack. What if he has left Baltimore?' Hannah asked, tears running down her cheeks. 'No, he wouldn't do that,' Jack responded. 'He loves you too much for that.' Hannah smiled and her eyes grew wide as she realized where he could've gone. 'Ja- Jack, I have to go. I- I think I might know where he is.'

'Go,' was all Jack said before Hannah ended the call and jumped out of her bed. She ran down the staircase and found her parents talking in hushed voices in the living room. 'Dad, can I- can I borrow the car?' she asked and looked at Josh, who looked at his wife. Hannah had just gotten her drivin licence and was still a bit sketchy on the road.

'Please dad,' she said and swallowed the lump in her throat. 'I need to find him.'

Josh sighed and nodded. 'The keys are on the kitchen table.' Hannah smiled sadly and went into the kitchen, grabbing the keys before heading towards the front door. 'Hannah?' Nora said which made her daughter turn around. 'If you find him... Tell him we're sorry, okay?' Hannah smiled, nodded and disappeared into the night hoping Alex was where she thought he'd be.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm off to work in three hours but I decided I'd write you a chapter before I go. Hope you like it! Sorry for the crappiness, but I'm in a bit of a crappy mood so everything I touch, or in this case, write, turns to shit! xxx