Status: Finished.

Lost In A Moment.

New Found Glory.

I've grown sick, I've gotten older.
I finally have an audience to ignore,
I can yell all I want,


'God, I love this song,' Hannah exclaimed as Alex and her sat on the diving board, while one of the car stereos were blasting music through the speakers. 'You do?' Alex asked and chuckled as he removed his Nikes from his feet. Hannah turned her head around and looked at him, slightly confused as to why he would do that. Especially seeing as it was a cold evening and he would definitively get sick. 'Yes I do,' she replied and laughed.

Alex put the shoes on the diving board inbetween the two of them, and grinned as he leaned forward and started to fold up the legs of his jeans revealing his hairy legs. 'You like New Found Glory?' he asked and Hannah laughed, 'Yeah, I do. Is that so strange?'

but you still can't hear me.
I'm punching myself out.
Holding in my breath, I can take this lightly.


He put his feet into the water and laughed as the coldness surrounded his feet. He pulled them up for a few seconds before slowly letting them fall back. 'No, I- I didn't mean it like that, I just- New Found Glory is one of my favorite bands, and it kinda shocked me that the first person I talk to here, likes them too,' he spoke and shrugged when his feet were finally used to the coldness and he slowly started to move them around. 'Mine too,' Hannah replied and giggled as her eyes darted to her lap. She tapped her fingers against her thigh, feeling slightly uncomfortable for some strange reason.

Throwing up the words that I said to you,
I always do what I'm not supposed to.
Here's to us fools, that have no meaning.


'You have good music taste Hannah,' Alex spoke and she giggled quietly as she pushed her hand through her brown hair, letting her fingers rub the scalp carefully. 'You too, 'Lex.' He smiled as she had already given him a nickname. None of them said anything for a while, just sat together and enjoyed each other's company while New Found Glory's song was still being played in the background. 'So,' Hannah said and bit her bottom lip down as she turned her head to look at him. Alex was staring intensely at the water that was surrounding his feet. 'You just moved here, right?' she asked and Alex nodded instantly. 'Yeah, well, not really.'

Hannah looked at him confused. 'W- What do you mean?'

Alex kicked slightly and the water flew everywhere. He smiled as he turned his head around and looked at Hannah, ' I moved to the States when I was seven years old, but I just recently moved to Baltimore,' he spoke and Hannah giggled as she fell back, her back was pressed against the wooden diving board. 'I see. So, where did you live before you moved here?' she asked as she looked at the stars above them. She loved stars. They relaxed her. Alex turned his head around, stared at the girl lying next to him and he shrugged, 'Everywhere and nowhere!'

Hannah tilted her head over and looked at him, smiling as friendly as possible towards him. 'Hey Alex?' she whispered and looked into Alex's brown eyes. She pushed herself up from the diving board and her shoulder brushed against his.

'Yeah?'

'I'm- I'm happy you convinced me to stay,' she whispered and looked into his brown eyes. He smiled and nodded, 'I'm happy I managed to get you to stay too.' Hannah laughed nervously as she stared at the moonlight. Suddenly, Alex started to sing along to the song and made Hannah look at him, confused and surprised. 'I top my glass to you. Let's toast the night away to friends, and forget about tomorrow. I might say things you don't want to hear, but someday you might care and I won't be there. No, I won't be there, here's to us fools.' Alex turned his head around and looked at Hannah who smiled, while she looked at the moon shining on the water.

'Hannah! Hannah, where are you?'

Both Alex and Hannah turned around and looked towards the way Hannah's name was being screamed. Alex turned his head away quickly and stared straight ahead. 'That's my friends, Emily and Jack,' Hannah said and smiled as she watched Jack help Emily up as she tripped. Hannah turned her head around and looked at Alex, who smiled warmly at her while his brown eyes locked themselves with her blue ones. Alex glanced quickly at what were Emily and Jack who were slowly coming towards them.

Alex cleared his throat and pulled his feet out of the water. Goosebumps covered his feet instantly. He shook them before he put the socks back on and within seconds, he was up on his feet brushing the dirt of his jeans. Hannah looked at him, confused. 'Wh- Where are you going?' she asked as she pushed herself up. 'I gotta go,' Alex spoke and glanced over at Jack and Emily, who were slowly getting closer. Alex turned around and slowly made his way towards the Gazebo. "Wait," Hannah jogged after him and he stopped.

'When can I see you again?' Hannah shocked herself by asking the question. He turned around and looked at her, that playful grin Hannah had grown to like was back. 'Soon,' he replied and gave her a quick nod before he practically ran off, leaving her alone on the diving board while her friends slowly made their way towards the diving board and Gazebo.

'Soon,' she whispered and smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm bored. This is what happens when I'm just that! :] Hahaha. This is also the last chapter I've written, but I'm working on the next now. Wooot!! Xxxx