Status: Finished.

Lost In A Moment.

Time.

'Alex,' Hannah whispered his name - almost scared that if she said it out louder than that, she'd either break down or yell at him for being such an unconciderate prick. Alex didn't say anything, he just kept staring right ahead. His hands were now calmly placed in his lap, though. Hannah sighed as she sat down next to him and looked at the waves softly crashing against the stones lined up on the shores. She didn't say anything, nor did Alex, for a good fifteen minutes.

Hannah wanted to give Alex time. She wanted him to be the one who would start talking as she needed to know if he wanted her to stay and talk it out or if he wanted her to pick up her shit and get as far away as possible. She turned her head to the right and saw that Alex's brown eyes were filled with water and she guessed he was on the rim of breaking down. She bit her bottom lip down nervously as she slowly moved her hand to his lap. Hannah grabbed one of his hands, wrapping her slim fingers around his.

For the first time, Alex looked at something else than the lake. His brown eyes slowly made the way down to his lap and a single tear dropped from his left eye and hit the top of Hannah's thumb, which was softly circling the top of his. A faint smile crept onto Alex's lips as he tightened the grip on Hannah's hand.

'It hurts Hannah,' he whispered as a couple of tears now fell. 'It hurts so bad..'

Hannah felt her own eyes well up as she looked at her boyfriend slowly falling apart beside her. 'God, I miss them so much,' he whispered and his voice cracked towards the end. He let a low cry escape his lips before he pulled his hand away from Hannah's grip. He lifted his hand to his face and rubbed his wet eyes against the sleeve of his black shirt. Hannah felt like such a lousy girlfriend; she had no idea what to say or do. She wasn't in the position Alex was in. She had parents. She had friends and soon she'd been a high school graduate. Alex had lost his parents and brother. He had to live with his aunt, but ran away, and by doing that - he couldn't finish high school.

Without Hannah noticing, tears were now falling rapidly from her eyes too. Her cheeks were soaked and the salty tears hit her lips within a second. 'I'm really sorry Alex, you- you don't deserve this. Any of this,' she whispered and sighed as she rubbed her cheeks.

Alex turned his head around and looked at his girlfriend. His brown eyes were bloodshot and the brownness of them were slowly disappearing. 'I wish I knew what I could do to make you feel better, I really do.' She continued and stared at her boyfriend's face. He sighed and leaned in, his lips pressed softly against hers. Hannah closed her eyes slowly and sighed contently as another set of tears fell from both of their eyes. Hannah's lips moved against his slowly and their lips parted and tongues and teeth clashed.

Hannah pulled back, out of breath she rested her forehead against his. 'I love you so much Alex, you know that right?' she whispered. Alex didn't answer, he just sighed and nodded slightly. Hannah touched his cheekbone carefully and pecked him on the lips again. 'I'm really sorry for what my parents did, they- they shouldn't have,' she whispered and felt her anger build in her body. Her parents had been completely out of line.

Alex shook his head and sighed. 'It's OK. They- They did what they thought was right,' he whispered and showed his girlfriend a sad smile. Hannah shook her head, 'No. They were out of line. They should've asked you, instead of going to someone and get that someone to do a background check on my boyfriend.'

'I get it, though. Why they did it. Your dad tried talking to me so many times, Han. Your mom too. I just- I wouldn't open up and your parents probably knew something was up. That I was keeping something from them and I'm sure they were just worried that it was something that could get you into trouble,' Alex defended Hannah's parents as they hadn't really done anything wrong. 'But you would never do anything to hurt me,' Hannah argued.

'No, I wouldn't, but you have to remember, they don't know me like you do. They haven't known me for as long as you have.' Alex replied and Hannah shook her head. 'No. It's still not okay!'

Alex smiled sadly and turned his head around, staring at the lake again.

'Alex?' Hannah whispered and stared at her boyfriend. 'Mmm?' Alex hummed. 'Will you please come back with me?' He turned his head around and stared into Hannah's water filled eyes. 'I- I don't know if I can love,' Alex answered truthfully. Hannah's heart fell as soon as Alex denied her plea to come with her back to the house.

'Can.. Can I stay here with you then?'

'You probably shouldn't-'

'Please..' Hannah pleaded. 'I really don't want to leave you here.' Alex stared at Hannah and it took him a few minutes before he gave her an answer. 'Okay, but you need to call your parents first.' Hannah smiled and nodded as she pulled her phone out dialling her homephone number. Alex watched Hannah as she spoke to her parents, telling them she'd be staying with Alex and how both of them were fine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all! I'm getting ready for work. It's SO cold here in Norway... Snow is falling and the coldness is slowly creeping over us!! AHHHHHHHH. Hope you like the chapter. I'm a bit torn about it. I like it but at the same time not. Hahah! xxx