Status: Finished.

Lost In A Moment.

New Life.

Hannah had just come home from school after a long day with preparing for her math midterm which was going to take place the next day. She ran upstairs, hoping her boyfriend had come back from meeting his aunt for the first time in a long time. Her parents were still at their jobs, so when she came up to her room to find it completely empty - no sign of her boyfriend anywhere - her heart dropped. She didn't like being at home all by herself. Not that she didn't feel safe, because she did, but the house was so boring without anyone else in it.

She threw her bag on the bed before moving over to her laptop that she had put in the corner of the room. Next to her laptop, on top of her favorite Nicholas Sparks book, was a yellow post-it note with something scribbled onto it. She sat down, grabbed the note and leaned back as she read what it say, "Hi Han, if you're reading this then I'm still with Ellie. Hopefully I won't be back too late. Love you lots and get a lot of reading done so we can cuddle when I get back. ;)" He had even scribbled the bottom of the post-it note with his name.

'Idiot,' Hannah laughed to herself as she pressed the post-it note against one of her picture frames which was filled with a picture of Alex and her kissing from one of Jack's parties. She opened a tab and waited for google's homepage to appear. She quickly typed in facebook in the search box and waited for the page to load fully. She absolutely hated the internet in her house - it was super slow and her parents wouldn't do anything about it because according to them it was quick enough. Quick enough my ass; Hannah thought and frowned as she typed in her e-mail and password. She leaned forward and read through her friends' updated statuses where Jack's stood out like always. "Not long till I'm done at that fuckwit of a school. Wooo! Watch out world, Barakat is coming for you!" Hannah laughed as she pushed "like" and continued reading through the other ones.

Hannah opened another tab, leaving the one with her facebook open, and typed in Twitter. Sadly, she'd been hooked too. It was something she pretty much had to check every day to see if any of her favorite artists had said anything about upoming tours or such. She read through the Twitter updates when suddenly she heard the front door open. 'Alex?' she called out and turned her body to look at the door. No response. Hannah bit her bottom lip down nervously and instantly regretted not locking the front door like she used to.

'Alex? Babe, is that you?' she said again, this time a little louder. Then someone walked up the staircase and Hannah stood up, swallowing the big lump in her throat as she heard footsteps right outside her window.

The door opened and Hannah felt her heart beat quicker and harder. It felt like someone had hit her in the stomach though when she saw who it was. 'Alex, you fucker!' she screameed as she walked over to him and slapped his shoulder harshly. Alex pulled his earplugs out and frowned, 'What the hell was that for?!'

'You scared me, you idiot!'

'What?' he asked, confused. 'Why?'

'I called your name twice and you didn't respond. You know, you really shouldn't wear those when you enter a house, and you should be happy I only slapped your shoulder and didn't kick you in the balls,' Hannah spoke and walked over to the bed. Alex laughed as he closed the bedroom door behind him. 'You wouldn't do that,' he said as he walked over and stood in front of his girlfriend who raised an eyebrow at him. 'I wouldn't?' she questioned him. 'Are you sure about that?'

Alex pushed Hannah back on the bed and climbed ontop of her. 'Yes,' he whispered as his lips hooved over her ear. He pecked her neck tenderly and Hannah sighed contently. He lifted his head and pressed his lips against hers. She smiled and kissed him back with just as much passion. He pulled back and grinned as he rolled over and lay down on the mattress next to her. 'So,' Hannah said as she turned her head over to look at her boyfriend. 'How did it go?' Alex grinned as he said, 'Good.' Hannah looked at him and waited for more but when he didn't say anything else, she couldn't help but groan. 'And what? You can't just tell me it went good. What did she say? What did you say? What's going to happen?!'

Alex laughed. 'I'm getting emancipated.'

'You're getting... What?' Hannah said, slightly shocked.

'Emancipated is when you...' Alex started to speak but Hannah rolled her eyes at him. 'I know what emancipated means, dickhead.' He laughed. 'So, you're... You're getting emancipated?' she said and looked at her boyfriend who grinned. 'Yup,' he replied and nodded eagerly. 'My aunt suggested it actually. She said that she'll help me find an apartment and everything, and seeing as I'll be eighteen soon - it shouldn't be too hard to find something. Also, Ellie will help me with money and stuff, paying off the apartment and such, at least until I can stand on my own two feet myself,' Alex told Hannah excitedly.

'And that's not the best part...'

Hannah looked at him confused. 'It isn't?' she asked and couldn't understand what could be better than getting an apartment and pretty much as much freedom as you want. Alex shook his head, 'Nope. She's going to help me get in at Towson so I can finish High School, how awesome is that?! I mean, I'll have to take the whole year over again but it's better than nothing," he said and smiled broadly. Hannah hadn't seen him smile this big since... Ever!

'Wow,' Hannah answered and felt overwhelmed by everything.

'And you know what that means, right?' Hannah looked at Alex who grinned. He grabbed her waist and pulled her to hoove over him. 'I'm not going anywhere,' he whispered and pushed a strand of her brown hair. That's when Hannah realized just how amazing everything was. Her lips twitched up in a broad smile, 'youre not?' she whispered and he shook his head negatively. 'I'm staying right here,' he whispered and Hannah giggled as she leaned down and pressed his lips against hers excitedly.

'I love you, Alex,' she whispered and he grinned.

'I love you too Han,' he replied as their lips met again in another breathtaking kiss. Everything worked out for the best in the end. Hannah wouldn't lose her boyfriend and Alex won his life back. Of course every day would be a struggle, to keep up with homework and work in general; but Hannah knew Alex could do it. If there was anyone who could do it, it was Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go! The ending! :) I was supposed to go to work today but I passed out and have been puking for the last hour so I'm staying home. Being a girl sucks monkey ass! Anyway, I finished this earlier today and decided I'd post it for you before going back to rest! Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting. It really means a lot! xxx