Status: Finished.

Lost In A Moment.

Promise.

Alex and Hannah had been sitting on the diving bridge for an hour already, talking about everything between Heaven and Earth. Their likes and dislikes. What they wanted to do when they finished High School and so on. 'You're an idiot,' Hannah said and laughed as she slapped Alex's shoulder playfully. Alex smiled towards her and laughed too when it suddenly started to pour down with rain.

'Fucking hell,' Alex said and laughed as he got up on his feet and grabbed Hannah's waiting hand. 'Come on. We better go over to the Gazebo or we're going to drown,' he said and laughed as Hannah grabbed her bag and then the two of them ran over to the Gazebo. 'That came really sudden,' Hannah said and shook her head a little as raindrops fell from her brown, now soaked, hair. 'Yeah,' Alex said and laughed as he sat down on the floor, his back leaning against the fence.

Hannah looked at him and smiled. She sat down next to him, both of their eyes fixated with how the drops hit the lake. 'My boyfriend and I fought,' Hannah said all of the sudden and Alex's heart dropped. 'Oh,' he answered and Hannah sighed. 'No!' She said and shook her head, 'I mean - my ex-boyfriend and I fought. Today at school,' she said and rested her head against the fence.

'And now you regret it?'

'Hell no!' Hannah said and shook her head repeatedly. Alex looked at her confused. 'I'm not quite following,' he said honestly and Hannah turned her head around, looking at him with tearfilled eyes. 'It's complicated,' she whispered and Alex chuckled. 'It sure sounds like it.'

Hannah laughed. 'He cheated on me,' she whispered and sighed as she repeated it. 'The bloody bastard cheated on me.' Alex's heart broke as he looked at Hannah, she looked completely and utterly broken.

Alex's smile dropped. 'Oh,' he mumbled and felt slightly uneasy.

'Yeah, with... With one of my closest friends, actually,' Hannah whispered and turned her face away from his. A silent tear fell from her left eye. 'I- I found them kissing in the bathroom at a party. Matt was supposed to come and pick me up, but I called him and said that I wasn't sure whether I wanted to go or not because I was feeling a bit blegh,' Hannah continued and sighed. 'So, I told him to go and have fun and that we'd see each other later but an hour passed and I was really bored and the headache I had, passed, so I decided to get my mom to drive me there, you know? To surprise him.'

'And he was the one who surprised you?' Alex asked and Hannah turned her head to look at him. Hannah smiled sadly, 'yeah to say the least.' Alex smiled weakly, 'I'm sorry.' Hannah sighed and shrugged, 'Things happen for a reason, right?' she asked and Alex grinned. 'Right,' he whispered and Hannah nodded quickly as she continued, 'So, I wasn't supposed to be with Matt, and...'

'And we were supposed to meet and become friends,' Alex grinned.

Hannah laughed and nodded. 'Yeah, for some odd reason the universe want us two to be friends.' Alex rolled his brown eyes. 'Strange, huh?' Alex said with a playful grin on his lips. Hannah giggled and nodded. 'Very strange indeed.'

Both laughed and rested their heads against the fence and soon, silence fell over both of them. 'You know,' Alex whispered and stared at the lake again before he tilted his head to the left, his brown eyes captured everything about Hannah's face structure. 'No matter how mean this might sound, I'm kinda glad he broke your heart,' Alex said and Hannah turned her head around, looking at him with a confused expression on her face. 'What?' she asked.

'Because if he hadn't, I wouldn't have met you on Saturday.'

Hannah blushed and looked down at her hands as she started to fiddle with the end of her T-shirt. 'Hey Alex?' she whispered and looked up at him. 'Hmmm?' he mumbled and Hannah bit her bottom lip down nervously, 'Can I trust you to not break my heart?' she whispered the sentence, almost hoping Alex hadn't heard it.

Alex grinned and took Hannah's hand into his, his thumb softly rubbing hers. 'I'll do what I can for that to not happen,' he answered and smiled. 'I promise.' he finished off and Hannah's eyes filled with tears again. But this time around, they were tears of joy. Little did Hannah know that Alex would later become the person who would mend her aching heart.

'I'm really glad I met you.'

'Me too, Hannah Banana,' Alex answered as the two of them sat in silence rest of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the people subsribing! Would love to hear from you though!! Xxxx