May Angels Lead You In

Prologue

I looked at myself in the mirror, contemplating if I was wearing the right outfit for my new school. But as memories from my past came rolling in, I shuddered in fright.

I couldn't figure out why everyone loved picking on me. I wasn't a freak or anything. I am totally normal-looking.

I just hope things are going to get better here in Orange County. I would have to thank Daniel - my stepdad - for that.

He thought that it would be good for the family to have a fresh start; but knowing my alcoholic mother, I'm pretty sure it was just the beginning of a nightmare at home.

"Marchelle, the school bus is here!" I heard him call from downstairs.

I took in a deep breath before taking my black messenger bag from the floor and rushed down to the kitchen.

Daniel had been cooking breakfast as he stood by the counter with a plate on his hand and a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Breakfast is served," he announced and placed the plate on the counter.

"You don't have to do this, you know," I walked over and reached out for the toast.

"I'm just doing my bit as a father," he smiled and turned to continue with his cooking.

"That should've been mom's job, not yours," I mumbled but he chuckled instead.

"Your mom's going through a rough time," he turned the patty with the spatula. "Go easy on her, Marche."

I rolled my eyes but quickly smiled instead when he turned to look at me with an intense look on his face. I knew a lecture was coming on.

"I've got to go to school now," I quickly stood up with my bag and rushed out the door. "See you later, Daniel."

The school bus was already waiting for me when I got out the house.

"Hurry up, princess!" someone in the back of the bus shouted with annoyance.

Feeling blood rush up to my face, I quickly ran towards the bus.

"Welcome to Orange County, Ms Evans," the Asian driver greeted with a warm smile on his face and I returned the greet with a smile.

I faced the bus, unsure of where I was going to sit for the rest of the year. The back is covered with the jocks and a couple of cheerleaders. The front was conquered by the geeks and such whilst the middle had a mix of hippies, emos and the weird kids.

"Come on here, sweets," someone in the back whistled and everyone laughed with him.

My eyes rested on the jock who had his arms around a cheerleader. By the looks of things, he was probably the quarterback and she was the head of the cheerleaders.

I caught her glaring my way so I quickly looked away.

If there was one thing I learned from my previous school, it was to not confront these people.

"Come here, baby. We won't hurt you," the guy called out again as his friends howled.

"Hey," someone grabbed my hand, causing me to jump from shock. I looked at the owner of the hands and saw that it was from this guy with a messy hair and snakebite.

He was wearing a Pantera hoodie and he had black nail-polish.

I knew he was offering me the empty seat next to him. I slowly nodded my head as he stood up to let me have the seat inside.

"Aww, you hanging out with the freak now?" the jock mocked a pout and everyone joined in with words.

"You kids back there better quit messing around," the driver was looking at us through the rearview mirror.

"No harm no foul, Mr Kimura," the jock retorted.

I turned to look at the guy who had offered me a seat, but he wasn't looking back at me. Instead, he stared ahead, not bothering to make a conversation.

"Thank you," I said as he turned to face me.

He just nodded his head before focusing on the front again.

"I'm Marchelle," I introduced myself, hoping I could make friends with this guy.

"Hey Marchelle," he simply said, not looking into my eyes and I restrained myself from frowning.

"And you would be?" I hinted as the bus came to a halt.

"Leaving," he answered as he stood up and left me there by myself.

"Nice one to hook up with the freak Sullivan, new girl," the head of cheerleaders smirked.

At that exact moment, something chilly dropped on me and I jumped from the cold. I realized that it was from a cup of slushie one of the other cheerleaders was holding.

They cackled out loud.

"Oops," the cheerleader said and bit her lips. "Accident."

I stood up and ran to the ladies, locked myself in a cubicle and tears streamed down my face.

This was happening all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
A new story. Hopefully, you like it?
Comments are appreciated!

FoREVer.