May Angels Lead You In

Chapter 10

I left home without greeting Daniel or Mom because frankly, I was still pissed at her for trying to tell me what was right and wrong.

I didn't call Jimmy even though I wanted to - so bad. I refrained myself from doing so because I somewhat got his message loud and clear when he told me off in front of almost the whole school yesterday.

As soon as I got out of the house, I saw a black '67 Chevy Impala by the road. When I looked closely, I saw Dylan in it, waving for me to come in. Giggling like a 5-year-old who had just gotten themselves the toy they wanted for Christmas, I ran and went into the car.

He was wearing a black tee that seemed to bring out his hazel eyes, black skinnies with a pair of normal black sneakers.

"I hope you got yourself a good night sleep even though I ruined it for you by creeping into your room through a window at three in the bloody mornin'," Dylan flashed me his pearly whites before he started driving.

"I felt better after someone listened to my problems," I admitted but said nothing more.

"So now that you're feeling all better," Dylan's face was expressionless even though he had his smile on. "Who were these people who dare hurt my baby sister?"

He pulled the car to a halt and got out the car and rushed to my side of the car to open the door for me. I heard people whisper as they stared at us in awe.

"It doesn't matter," I lied, trying my best not to look at anyone from school.

"What do you mean it doesn't matter? 'Course it does!"

"Can we please not talk about this?" I pleaded, giving him my puppy look before he gave in with a sigh.

"Okay, fine," he said. "But if it happens again, I'm not going to just sit still, you hear me?"

I nodded and his genuine smile came back before he gave me a long hug and kissed the top of my head before he pulled back.

"I'll try to fetch you from school but if I'm late or somethin', you go on home without me," he handed me his cellphone number and got into his car, waved before he drove off.

I turned to walk into the school's building when I spotted Jimmy and the guys, looking my way with an odd expression on their faces. Only Johnny was waving at me with a huge smile on his face.

I simply smiled back at Johnny before I stared at my feet and walked into the building.

+

"Such a slut, aren't you Evans?" Nicole had her arms crossed with her skanks behind her as soon as I stepped into the classroom. "First you went out with the freak and dumped him for MY boyfriend before moving onto the other guy who doesn't even study here."

I kept quiet and tried to walk past her but she reached out and grabbed my arm causing me to stop curtly. She pulled me arm towards her, causing me to stumble a little.

"I'm talking to you, bitch," Nicole snarled as her skanks giggled. When I remained silent, she decided to pull me back and forth in anger. "Are you stupid?"

"Maybe she is," one of her skanks answered and the others agreed.

Just then, someone else grabbed Nicole's arm causing her to whimper in pain and let me go. Her skanks gasp and took a step back, shock written on all their faces. My eyes trailed back to see the face of my savior - Jimmy.

His eyes was rested on me before he looked away and stared at Nicole - who looked as though she could faint any moment.

"Hey let her go!" Jared, who is in crutches snapped, heading towards us with his group of friends. Only Josh wasn't there - in fact, he hasn't been in school since the incident.

Some of them had bruises on their faces while others looked pretty fine to me. I could hear whispers in the classroom, everyone's eyes on the event that was unfolding before them.

Jimmy glared into Jared's blue eyes, not letting go of Nicole's arms.

"I said, let her go, freak," Jared had a hint of threat in his tone.

When Jimmy refused to let Nicole's arms go, Jared was about to attack Jimmy with his crutches. Just as the crutch was about to hit Jimmy's arm, Gabriel stood in between them, pushing Jared away from Jimmy.

"Jared, that's enough!" Gabriel tried to stop the other teenage boy from running towards Jimmy. "The team cannot afford to lose our best fullback player on the team. You need to recover or you won't be able to play at all."

Jared stopped and growled at Jimmy before jerking himself away from Gabriel and limping back to his seat in the back.

When I turn to look at Jimmy, he had already let Nicole go. He looked at me one final time before walking to his seat at the corner of the class, resting his head on the table.

I was about to walk towards him but the teacher decided to walk into the class right at that moment.

Impeccable timing, I thought sarcastically and took my seat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Told you there might be a second update.
This time with more Jim-Jam in it! (;
Comments are appreciated!