May Angels Lead You In

Chapter 02

I walked into my Literature class and took a seat alone right up front. The second bell rang as students come strolling into the class.

"Settle down," a lady in her late-thirty's instructed the class and everyone heeded. "Now, who wants to tell me about the story of Romeo and Juliet?"

When no one bothered to answer, the lady shook her head in disappointment and started writing on the board before them. She started talking about their forbidden love and how they are a fine example of the definition "Star-crossed lovers".

Funny thing was - she seemed to be crazy about the whole forbidden love thing.

"Anyone can give me a modern day example of Romeo and Juliet?"

The door creaked open. Everyone's head turn to face the door and I saw the Sullivan guy slowly dragging his feet into the room with a nonchalant look on his face.

"Ah, Mr Sullivan. Nice of you to join in late," the lady made no effort to hide her displeasure. "As usual."

"Always a pleasure," Sullivan answered, getting a few snickers from the class as he took his seat behind me.

"I got one, Miss Chaney!" someone in the back answered and for once, since I came into the class, the lady looks pleased.

I turned around and realized that the voice had belonged to the head of the cheerleaders Nicole. Gabriel sitting next to her. She gave me a sinister smile and I knew what was coming.

"Marchelle Evans and James Sullivan," Nicole smirked and everyone in her group started cackling.

Miss Chaney's face changed into anger but she shook her head. "Wrong answer."

"My girlfriend's not wrong, Miss Chaney," the jock sat up straight with a burning passion in his eyes. "Sullivan is a freak and someone like Evans is too - hot for him."

Nicole glared daggers at her boyfriend who took no notice as he continued, "So how can a father of a nice girl like Evans gives his blessing to a guy with a sinister background?"

"Not the example I hoped -"

"You're the one to say," someone whispered and the whole class lapsed into silence.

"Say what?" Gabriel looked like he was going to punch someone where the sun don't shine.

Sullivan was tapping the end of his pencil onto the table with a small smirk on his face.

"You're talking shit about me and Marchelle but maybe the real answer is right before you. All you need to do is to look into the mirror," Sullivan did not look back at Gabriel. "Nicole and you might be the perfect couple but with two huge egos in a relationship - it's bound to fail."

"You shut your pretty little mouth, freakboy. I swear I'll hit you," the jock warned but the other ignored his threat.

"You think you're in love with each other now but as soon as you graduate and you're working in a department store, you'll find out the other is banging with the gardener behind your back. At least Romeo and Juliet loved each other."

"What does getting a job in a store have anything to do with Romeo and Juliet?" Gabriel snapped, balling his fists.

"Nothing - nothing your small brain could muster."

As soon as Sullivan finished the sentence, Gabriel stood up from his seat and stomped towards former. James was already ready for the attack because he stood up just as the quarterback got to him and they started throwing punches at each other.

"You son of a bitch!" Gabriel growled throwing punches into the air before landing one on James's cheek.

The latter shoved the quarterback and kicked him on the stomach causing the quarterback to groan in displeasure.

"Oh dear," Miss Chaney whispered before she screamed for the guys to calm down.

Gabriel grabbed James by the hair and wrapped his arms around the latter's neck in an attempt to strangle him. James started kicking around wildly; doing his best to push the quarterback away from him. No one dared to move from their seat and I couldn't understand why. Miss Chaney kept screaming for them to stop.

I saw the huge smile on Nicole's face as she watched the fight before her with pleasure. She started giggling with her friends and then just like that, they started to cheer for the jock.

James was now on the floor with the other on top of him, still throwing punches at each other.

Since no one wanted to move forward to pull them apart, I stood up and tried to pull Gabriel away from James but he was far too strong for me.

Still, I kept trying.

I jumped on top of the jock and hold on tight to him.

I must have looked like some sort of gnome or something, just holding onto him as he struggled to get me off his back. He reached out for me and used his energy to pull me away from him, causing the both of us to fall onto the ground with me on top of him - our faces just inches apart.

He went rigid as I looked into his hazel eyes. I quickly jerked away from him and straightened my clothing.

"You three in my office," I turned and saw the headmaster with his eyes on us. "NOW."
♠ ♠ ♠
Mandie, BrittBratXKittKatt and Rhi_LoveMeHateMe - Thank you for commenting!

I hope this chapter isn't too confusing for you?
What's going to happen now?
Character section is up - in case you wanted to see who I've pictured Gabriel to be. (: