Sequel: La Fin Des Bohèmes

Les Bohèmes

Eight friends:

Mark Cohen.

Roger Davis.

Mimi Marquez.

Maureen Johnson.

Joanne Jefferson.

Angel Dumott Schunard.

Tom Collins.

Benjamin Coffin.

Eight bohemians, desperately trying to earn themselves a living in New York City. Each has their own story to tell. Their pain, their triumphs, their survival every day form a story of interwoven lives, known to the world as the musical Rent.

A series of drabbles, each one giving a snapshot of the lives of each person.

Each chapter is exactly 100 words long.

Entered into this contest.
  1. The Filmmaker
    "How do you document real life, when real life's getting more like fiction each day?"
  2. The Songwriter
    "One last refrain, glory, from the pretty boy front man who wasted oppourtunity."
  3. The Dancer
    "And Mimi Marquez, clad only in bubblewrap, will perform the famous lawnchair handcuff dance to the sound of iced tea being stirred."
  4. The Performance Artist
    "The tango Maureen, gotta dance 'til your diva is through."
  5. The Lawyer
    "I look before I leap, I love margins and discipline, I make lists in my sleep, baby."
  6. The Street Drummer
    "If you're cold and you're lonely, you've got one nickel only, with a thousand sweet kisses I'll cover you."
  7. The Philosophy Professor
    "I think they meant it when they said you can't buy love, but I know you can rent it."
  8. The Landlord
    "You make fun, yet I'm the one attempting to do some good."