Status: active, but comments are much appreciated! ^-^

Victims of a Crime

Real as Ever

Three days later, Zack asked me to go to dinner with him. I knew where this was going, and I talked to Brian about it. He said it was up to me.
I was just finishing my hair when I heard a knock on the door. When I opened it, Zack stood there, looking as breathtaking as always.
"Hey."
He wore black dress pants, a white button up shirt with a red bow tie, and his hair spiked up.
"I didn't know I was supposed to dress up," I admitted shyly. Here I was, wearing my autographed A7X shirt and torn black skinnies while he looked nice enough to go a wedding.
"I think you're beautiful no matter how you dress," he said, making me blush.
He took my hand and kissed it. "After you, my lady."
I giggled. "You're such a romantic."
He led me to his car, a VW Jetta.
"Really? A Jetta?"
He chuckled. "Of course. I'm not one to flaunt what I've got."
We got in the car and sped off to a tiny building off the main highway.
"This is it?" I asked.
He just nodded. "Veseccio's."
We were greeted by a middle aged man at the door.
"Mr. Baker," he said, sort of bowing at Zacky's presence. "Shall I take you to your seat?" Zack nodded. He took us to a small table adorned with tea candles and a crimson tablecloth. Zacky held the chair out for me, causing me to blush.
"We just received our newest wine, a delic-"
"Oh, Henry, no alcohol tonight. She's underage," Zacky explained.
Henry took my hand and kissed it, like Zacky did earlier but without the same passion. "Well, welcome to Veseccio's." I detected the slightest Italian accent. "Would you two like some water, or shall I bring you our house tea?"
"Tea, please, Henry," Zacky answered for both of us. Henry left us without even writing anything down.
Zacky pulled a laminated sheet out of a holder on the side of the table and handed one to me. "I really have to recommend their steak, it's amazing."
Holy shit. These prices were through the roof. "Uh, Zack, are you actually going to pay for this?"
He smiled. "Anything for a beautiful girl," he said, my cheeks turning red. "You know, I think it's adorable when you blush." Of course, I only reddened. "And when you get mad at people and threaten them. And when you try to cover up the fact that you really want this." At the last part, I had to excuse myself.
The mirror in the bathroom became my best friend.
"Calm down, Kade. He's just being a jerk. Playing with your feelings. Don't let anything he says get to you."
I closed my eyes for a second but opened them when I felt arms around my waist.
"Hey, babe. What's up? You just kind of ran away."
I shook my head and tried to pull him off me. "I'm okay, really."
"Then why are you fighting me?"
Good Question. "I don't know," I whispered.
He pulled me closer and pushed his lips to mine.
This wasn't like any other kiss I ever experienced, honestly. None of the others with him were even this passionate. They were rushed. This was so amazing. It was one that told me he wanted me by his side.
I didn't know how long we stood there, just us, kissing. It felt like eternity, yet not long enough when he pulled away.
"Wow," I breathed.
"I love you, Kadie."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh. I feel like such an asshole. I promised you a chapter on Sunday if I got to 13 subs, which I did, and then my computer quit. Completely. Well, now it works, but I can't guarantee it will for any longer. >_O
So, I apologize and hope I didn't lose any readers.
I'd love some comments on what you would like to see happen next, and if you like it or not. Something big will happen in the next three chapters, I promise. ^-^