Travis Pastrana One Shots

Through My Eyes

Feeling the vibration of my phone in my pocket i paused in the school grounds and adjusted my bag before digging deep into my pocket pulling out my phone seeing Travis name light up my phone screen. With a gentle smile becoming larger on my face i read the text message.

MARLEEEEEEEEEEE! What are you doing this afternoon? Come around i feel like i haven’t seen you in days.

Love your best friend – Travis

I had to laugh at the text, i seen Travis yesterday and he already missed me it made me feel loved and i loved the feeling. Instead of writing back to his message i decided to go straight around to Travis’s house after i went home and filled my mum in.

I arrived home after a short 15 minute walk from school dumping all my school stuff at the front door.

“Hey sweetie, how was your day?” My mum asked as i walked in the door.

“Schools school nothing amazing about it but i guess it was okay” i shrugged.

“Are you going around to Travis’s?”

“How’d you know?” i raised my eye brows in confusion.

“Uh well you have been going there almost every day for the past year so i would be more surprised if you weren’t going there” she laughed slightly.

“I guess you right” i laughed a little “So is it alright if i go around?”

“Yeah sure, just be back for dinner”

“Thanks mum” i kissed her cheek quickly before jolting upstairs.

I threw my school clothes on the ground and found some a dark wash pair of ripped jeans, vans and a plain green shirt; changing quickly into them. I ran my brush through my hair and headed back downstairs waving goodbye to my mum before walking out the door headed straight to Travis’s house.

As i became closer to his house i hid myself more into my surroundings trying to continue with my idea of surprising Travis with my visit. I peaked around the corner and gazed my eyes over his front yard and drive way inspecting any sign of Travis and his family. The cars were parked outside but no Travis; phew. I jogged down the side of the house to the back yard throwing a few army rolls on the way. As my eyes peaked around the corner of the house i seen Travis’s back facing me but an unknown figure in front of him.

I rearranged my position of viewing to see Travis locking fingers with an unknown girl being all soppy romantic. A fire felt like it had started in the pit of my stomach seeing this yet it also hurt something inside my chest; i tried to shrug off the feeling but it stayed the same. Was i jealous? Travis was my best friend how could i have feelings for my best friend? I rolled my eyes as she playfully slapped his arm and began to mimic her actions being a real smart ass.

I thought the fire inside of me had died down until this mystery girls arms wrapped around Travis’s neck and his arm around her waist. Her lips pressed against his and a wildfire began a rage in my stomach, i began to crack my knuckles in frustration the painful feeling in my chest appeared again, right where my heart was beating away.

“Oh Travis here let me kiss you” i said sarcastically accidently saying it out loud thinking i said it in my head.

I gasp when i said it and placed my hand over my mouth. It turned out i said it a lot louder than i thought causing Travis to pull away from the kiss and stare at me his eyes widening at the sight of me.

“Shit!” i cursed and tossed my hands up.

Why the hell didn’t Travis tell me about this chick? We were meant to be best friends and i tell him everything what gives him the right to hide stuff from me? This fame has to be going to his head, 16 year old boys and the beginning of an exciting vibrant career doesn’t add up to a fairy tale ending does it?

I turned around and started to walk away at a fast pace after seeing Travis begin to walk over to where i was standing bringing his girl companion with him. He began to call out my name over and over again but i ignored it and continued to walk picking up pace with every step i took. Halfway down the street i thought i had lost Travis until a pull on my right arm turned me on my heels to a confused expression on Travis’s face his girl companion halfway back down the street.

“Why did you walk away when i walked over?” he asked me confused.

“Why didn’t you tell me about your friend” i pouted and put on my ‘not impressed’ face.

“It’s only a new thing i didn’t think i would have to tell you instantly”

“But you still expect me to inform you on every aspect of your life?”

“Well not everything, but most”

“Why was she over here anyway? You did ask me to come over to hang out not to watch you’s mack on” i sneered.

“You didn’t respond to my message so i didn’t expect you to come over”

“I’ve been over at your house almost every day for the past year and in the past have not replied and still came over, it’s not like this was a first. Regardless of that i wanted to attempt to surprise you but obviously that turned out as a recipe for disaster”

“Don’t be like that i appreciate you coming over” he placed his hand on mine but i ripped it out from his grasp – followed by a sigh on his part.

“I wanted you to come over because i have film crew coming here tomorrow to film a short movie on me and my tricks to send off to sponsors. I’m going to be doing a lot of stunts and stuff to impress people i just wanted to hear your support to give me some confidence in myself”

“Why don’t you ask your new friend Travis, she’s more important to you” i rolled my eyes and tried to walk away again but Travis grabbed my arm.

“Wait Marlee!”

“Don’t!” i ripped my arm from his and walked away again this time there was no touch of Travis’s skin to mine sending a spark through my body.

“Your home early was Travis not home?” my mum asked as i walked in the door slamming it with frustration.

“Yeah he was home but he was too busy with his girl friend”

“Oh, Marlee... Take a seat please; we need to have a chat”

“Ugh” i grunted and walked over to the lounge dropping my body like a dead weight on the pillows.

“Why are you so angry at Travis for having a girlfriend?”

“She’s not his girlfriend!” i snapped “It’s just a faze his going through” i hoped.

“Marlee” she placed her hands on top of mine “Do you like Travis, honestly?”

“I don’t know mum” i looked down.

“Well how did you feel when you seen Travis with that other girl?”

“Really jealous”

“Ah, i see. Marlee darling you may not want to face it but i really think you do like Travis and you should tell him. You could be surprised if he liked you back and i assure you if he didn’t don’t stress about it you still have the friendship with him regardless and at least he will know”

“Ill go see him tomorrow, it’s getting late now anyway”

“I’m proud of you” she rubbed my back “Now come on dinners almost ready”

After dinner i decided to go to bed, even though i wasn’t tired i could at least go listen to some music and gather my spinning thoughts. I laid there for what seemed like hours trying to find the words that i would say to Travis everything sounded so pathetic, so cliché.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up several times in the morning and really wasn’t content on getting up and facing Travis yet. I ended up getting up and mucking around in my room playing my iPod in my ears dancing around the room like a complete idiot to the tune playing in my ears. I ended up crashing back into bed heading back to my dream land.

I stirred when i woke up, trying to gain some more sleep with a complete fail. Groaning, i got up and headed to the bathroom splashing cool water across my face. Glancing at the vibrant blue lettering of my clock it read 2:17pm – talk about an over sleep! I changed into some fresh clothes and went downstairs fixing some toast and shoving it in my mouth finding a note left on the kitchen table.

Morning Marlee,

I’ve headed to town to get some things, go to Travis’s and work all this out. Everything will pan out Marlee don’t stress.

Love you, mum.

I smiled at her words of wisdom and wrote her back a note on the same piece of paper.

Mum,

I’ve gone to Travis’s to tell him about my feelings for him, i have my phone with my if you need me. I’ll see you later – thanks for last night.

Marlee xx

I left the note on the kitchen table before slipping on my shoes munching down on my toast as i walked along the busy streets. The odd moments when i couldn’t see any cars was relaxing and for some odd reason cleared my thoughts. I reached Travis’s to find his mother Debbie and father Robert quickly grabbing some stuff from their home and throwing it into their car. Seeing the worry and concern on their faces i raced over there.

“Debbie, Robert – what’s wrong?!” i almost yelled reaching them.

Debbie, my second mother quickly took me into her arms squeezing me tight “Travis has hurt himself during the shoot this morning his in a coma where going to see him now”

My heart sunk, my eyes became watery and my vision depleted. I couldn’t find any words but let my mouth hang open without any words slipping out.

“Do you want to come?” Robert asked.

I nodded my head vigorously and followed Robert and Debbie hoping into the backseat of their car. The trip was silent and seemed to drag on; the displeasing sight of the white hospital caught my eye i was almost ready to jump out of the moving car right then.

We paced down the sickly white hallways of the hospital trying to find Travis, finally someone told us the correct way to his room and we almost ran down the hallway to his room. Walking in to his room i stopped in the doorway, leaning my body against the frame. Travis laid there emotionless, he looked so peaceful despite the developing blackness around his eye and the few cuts and bruises lying on his skin. His lip had also started the swell, but he still looked adorable, still my Travis. Debbie sobbed into Roberts’s chest making me feel like hugging her but i knew that no matter how much i hugged her and gave her my support it wouldn’t help nor change the fact that her son was laying their motionless.

I ended up taking a seat on the cool flooring pulling my knees to my chest burying my face in them. I couldn’t help but think the way i acted yesterday; i couldn’t bear to imagine his last thoughts were of me before this, something along the lines of ‘stupid bitch’ would be sufficient.

“I’m going to get some coffee, do you want anyway Marlee?” Debbie stood up unexpectantly.

“I’m right thanks” i forced a smile.

“Okay, we will be back soon” Debbie pulled Robert by the arm and flashed me a smile before walking out into the crowded hallways of the hospital.

I pulled myself up and grabbed one of the chairs, placing it as close to the bed as i could manage. I took a seat in it and picked Travis limp arm up placing his large hand in my smaller hand. I traced his fingers running the tip of my finger gently across any feature of his hand. A single tear dropped onto the palm of his hand, i wiped it away with my thumb and sighed. I linked my fingers with Travis’s and hoped for him to come back to us.

“Travis, i don’t know if this is true or not but I’ve heard that talking to coma patients can help bring them back to reality and that they can actually hear you so i have to tell you a few things. I’m sorry for yesterday and how i acted, i should have been more understanding instead of being the rude bitch i was” i ran my fingers through my hair “I also have to tell you something else, i know you may not feel the same way and i understand that. I don’t expect anything to change because of me coming clean of my feelings but i thought it would be best for you to know the truth. I really like you Travis, more than a friend, more than a best friend, i actually really like you. That’s why i got so jealous yesterday and acted that way. I really hope you can hear this Travis, because going through it all again would be a pain in the ass” i laughed slightly and put my head down closing my arms trying to calm my racing heart.

A weak squeeze on my hand surprised me, i didn’t know if i was just imagining it or Travis was actually waking up. I stood out of my chair and leaned over Travis’s body and whispered his name rapidity trying to find some sign of life again. With no reaction i sat back down and wondered my eyes over the dull room.

“Ma-rlee” a quiet whisper escaped from Travis’s lips.

My eyes widened and a huge smile spread across my face, Travis’s eyes slowly fluttered open before locking with yours a toothless smile replacing the emotionless expression he previously had.

“Where – am – i?” he stuttered.

“Your at the hospital you had a bad stack during the shoot for the sponsors and you were in a coma, everything’s okay Travis just rest”

He nodded at my answer and took my advice settling back down into his bed.

“Did you hear what i said while you were in the coma?”

Travis eyes narrowed and looked to be in deep thought, a rush of disappointment washed over my body, i really wanted Travis to have heard what i said and didn’t have to find the right words to say it again. His eyes widened and he raised his eye brows with a smirk across his face.

“Do you remember?” i pressed on the issue.

“Well, i like you as well so does that give you an answer?” his voice recovered and his Travis smartass comments come back, making me smile unbelievably. I bit my lip trying not to scream or do something stupid.

“Do you want to be my girlfriend?” he asked locking eyes with mine, his chocolate brown eyes the complete opposite of my ocean green eyes. I nodded enthusiastically, a smile never leaving my face.

Uneasy i leaned in and placed a small but sweet kiss on his lips pulling away when he winced. I looked at his confused into why he did that but then i realised his swollen lip would defiantly be sore and me pressing my lips against his wouldn’t of been the best feeling in the world.

I sat back down in my chair tracing his palms again, this time not stopping at his hands but continuing up his arm letting my fingers wonder over his multiple scars and imperfections. I smiled back up at Travis as i heard his parents return in the room the smiles and excitement filling the room, Travis’s eyes always returning back to mine loosing me in the wonders of them.