Status: I am trying to write this story more and continue but it ain't the easiest thing to write so bare with me.

Accept Yourself Before Accepting Others

Princess and Her Maid

I hate mornings.
I am a serious non-morning person, but the worst type of mornings is late mornings.
Stuff that usually takes an hour, only takes and can only take five minutes when you’re.
I grab my jacket and bag, a slice of half butter toast and rush out the door.
I am not looking forward to school at all today (of course) but I am looking forward to another day spend getting to know Samantha.
She is just different, I don’t know if it is love at first sight it’s far too early to tell.
But I must admit, I do like her a lot.
She’s just so comfortable with who she is and let’s no one change who she is.
I wish I could be more like that, but it’s the part of her that keeps me so fascinated.
I smile to myself as I rush through the school gates.
I run seeing Samantha standing outside a prefab staring at me.

“Not a morning person eh?” she laughs sweetly.
“No way, I love my bed. Wait, why are you not in class?” I ask.
“Kicked out, some homophobic conversation got out of hand with the teacher and she decided I needed to “pray and think about what I was saying” she laughs.
“Ah I see, and how’s that going for you?” I smile.
“Pretty interesting since you got here, makes the “sin” more fun” she smiles sitting on the ground and lighting a cigarette.
“You smoke?” I ask sitting across from her.
“Yeah, does it bother you?” she hesitates lighting it.
“No not really, my father smokes. I just didn’t think you did I guess” I shrug my shoulders lightly.

“I do sometimes, not usually just when there’s a lot on my mind and stuff” she lights it and begins smoking it.
“Well that’s what friends are for silly. So what is on your mind Sammy?” I smile widely.
“You April, you have been on my mind all night” she waves her cigarette to the side like a posing model.
Samantha could easily be a model, she’d be a grungy rock type model but she would be so beautiful.....she is so beautiful.
“Why am I on your mind Sam?” I smile at her.
“I don’t know something about you. You’re just.....interesting. I like you” she smiles widely.
“I like you too Sam......so what are we doing today huh?” I say like an excited child.
“Well as you can probably see we are skipping religion. Next up is my oh so favourite class, English” she smiles.
I must look confused because she laughs and then continues.
“I can let you read my play so far and you can tell me what you think. The English teacher isn’t so bad she’s less homophobic so she might let me do my play as the school’s Christmas play maybe” she explains.
“You write? You write plays?” I ask out loud.
“Yeah I know right it’s weird, I’m a totally writing nerd though. Poetry, lyrics, plays anything really I love it all” she grins.

“So well what is this play about?” I ask.
“Well it’s about this big like famous princess girl okay? And she with this prince guy who doesn’t really love her and is all boring and self obsessed. But the princess has this like maid type girl that is also her only real friend. Little does she know that this girl is actually extremely in love with her and is admiring her from a far. The princess doesn’t know how she feels, she does love the girl but she’s been grown up with her life being set out for her so she knows it might never happen” Sam explains, taking little moments out to stare at me.

“It sounds brilliant Sam, I’d love to read it....and see it maybe” I laugh knowing it sounds stupid.
“Actually that’s something...well a part of the reason you were on my mind so much. I want you to be in the play” she smiles widely.
“What? The maid?” I laugh.
“No you idiot, no way are you the maid in any reality. You’re the princess” she puts her cigarette out in the ground.
I don’t even reply.
I simply smile, I smile as sweetly as I can.
I try to not give a cheesy grin like I want to.
She thinks I’m a princess.
I’m a princess to her.
How bloody sweet is that?
I know by now I am practically laughing with happiness but Samantha simply smiles back at me.

“I’ll be your princess then” I finally say.
“Good, I’ll be your maid then” she laughs.
“I can’t wait now” I wink.
“It will be lots of fun, I promise” she smiles sweetly, not even slightly cheeky.
Just sweet, just cute and innocently smiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry to anyone who loves this story.
It's not as easy to write but I am trying I promise.
I am so sorry I haven't updated.
Can you forgive me, please?
Tell me what you think, enjoy!