Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

The Deal

Jenna and I stayed outside, watching Sidney fish...or try to fish, until around lunch time. Sadly for Sid, the fish wouldn't bite, which I found greatly amusing.

Jenna and I went inside the house and I tossed her a ramen. "Want it?" I asked her and she nodded.
"Well, of course." She said, putting the water in it and sticking it in the microwave. 
I quickly grabbed the magic bag.
"Wait!" I called and she stopped the microwave. I put the magic bag in the microwave with the ramen to heat up. "Sorry, I need it for my wrist." I said to her.

"Ah." She said, leaning back against the counter. "So, I get to meet Mr. Fleury right?" She asked me.

I sat down at the table and sipped some of the milk I poured. "I don't see why not. But if you dare try any tricks on him, I will personally make you pay." I warned her. Jenna was a trickster, especially to the guys I was on hockey teams with. Since we were young, she loved to play jokes on them when she first met them.

She gave her innocent look. "Who, me?" She asked and I started laughing at her. "I would NEVER do such a thing." After she said that, Jenna started to crack up as well.

I tried to control my laughter, just as the microwave beeped. Jenna handed me the magic bag and I wrapped it around my wrist. She split the ramen into two bowls. "Seriously Jenna, I will hurt you." I said to her.

She gave me the bowl with a fork and sat down. "Don't worry, don't worry." She said to me. "You like him, and I don't want him to think his soon to be girlfriend has psychos for friends." She said with a smile.

I blushed when she mentioned 'girlfriend'. Jenna noticed and chuckled. "Your first boyfriend, ever." She said and I stuck my tongue out at her. Very mature, I know.

"Yeah well, not like you have ever been in a relationship." I shot back, and it was her turn to blush.

I noticed her quick look to the door to the backyard. If I was a cat, I would purr in amusement. "Admit it, you like my brother." I poked her shin with my toe.

She tried to give me a flabbergasted look to cover her blushing, but it didn't work. "No, possibly, maybe." She said, the three words running into one word.

I took a big bite of the ramen. "You pushed me too tell you about Marc-Andre, so spill beaver girl." I grinned at her as I said the nickname I gave her, since she is originally from Beaverbank.

Jenna sighed and tossed her long dark hair over her shoulder. "Fine, yes. I like your brother. Happy?" She mumbled to me and I sat back.

"Quite, thank you." I said to her, smiling.

She looked up at me and narrowed her pretty dark eyes. "What?" She asked me.

"Oh, nothing. Just that I think you should go along with your feelings." I said to her. "I know you have liked him since high school. And I also know that if you became my sister-in-law, I would scream in joy." I said to her.

Her face turned as read as an apple. "Sierra! We aren't even dating and you are speaking of marriage? Are you crazy?" Jenna asked me.

I shrugged and took a bite of the noodles. "I am actually." I said and she burst out laughing. "But, seriously Jenna. You two would be great together. You are crazy and wild, he is calm and collected."

Jenna sighed. "There is the problem that I don't know if he likes me. If he even does."

I sneezed just before Sidney opened the door. Both Jenna and I whipped our heads to look at him. He blinked in confusion and got the hint. "Umm, I'm obviously interrupting some girl talk. I'll just go call a friend." He said, shuffling away quickly.

I looked back at Jenna and she was staring after Sidney. "He does like you, Jenna." I said to her and she gave me an agitated look.

"Don't toy, Erra. You know what I mean. I know he likes me, well duh, friends happen to like each other. I mean," She dragged on the word. "I don't know if he likes me likes me. Like, is into me." She mumbled.

I nodded. "I knew what you meant, I was just playing." I said to her, limping to the sink, the magic bag still resting on my pained wrist. It hurt like hell.

Jenna got up too and placed her bowl in the dishwasher. "I know." She said, almost sadly.

I looked up at her, she was an inch taller than me. "Listen, you won't know unless you talk to him." I reasoned with her. "And we will probably be together all summer. So I will make you a deal. You tell him by the end of summer, or you have to skinny dip in the ocean." 

Jenna's jaw dropped. "You have got to be kidding me!" She exclaimed as I made my way over to the couch in the living room.

"Oh, I am quite serious." I said to her. "You need to talk to him." I reiterated.

Jenna moaned and paced. "Fine, by the end of summer. I can do that." She twirled her hair around her finger, a nervous habit of hers.

I looked her over. "Just relax." I said to her, but she reeled on me.

"I have a new deal for you. I will tell Sidney by the end of summer, of you tell your Fleury by the end of his visit here." She said, a smirk on her face. And then I realized I just had my own cruelness played against me.

I stared at her straight in her eyes. My hazel ones bore deep into her dark brown ones, and hers bore back. "Deal." I finally said, a smirk sliding across my face.

Jenna's face also took on an evil look. "Alright then, Penguin girl. It is so on." We both grinned evilly at each other, and then burst into laughter.

Jenna and I had a great day together. We were able to catch up on all of the months we missed from being away. 
It seemed like we were just able to relax when she had to leave at dusk.

I limped to the door to see her go. Sidney leaned over the banister upstairs to say goodbye. 
"See ya later, beaver girl." Sidney said with a smile. He had gotten used to calling her that after I came up with the name.

Jenna looked up at him and gave the sailors salute. "Aye, superstar." She said back, both of them grinning at each other. I shot her a look that bled 'oooooo la la' into it. She blushed when she noticed. I said goodbye to her and hugged her. "Call me whenever you can." She said and I nodded.

"Of course I will!" I said to her and we laughed. We laugh a lot when we are together; and we rarely stop smiling. 
Jenna winked and headed out the door. I waved at her as she pulled out of the driveway on her way home.

Sidney came trotting down the stairs as I limped my way to the couch and collapsed. "Why didn't you tell me Marc-Andre planned on coming?" I asked my brother as he turned on the TV.

His hazel eyes locked on mine. "Because you needed to rest, not freak about him coming here." He said and I nodded my head, giving him that one.

"You have a point." I said to him and laid down on the couch, resting my throbbing wrist on a pillow.

Sidney looked at me. "I'm happy he's coming." He said in a soft voice that made me look over at him.

I gave him a questioning look, moving my shoulder length hair from the back of my neck. "Why?" I asked.

Sidney looked back to the TV and ran his hand through his hair. "Because it will boost your spirits, and you will want to get better faster." He reasoned. "He is good for you." 

I felt myself turn red and my heart thudded in my chest. I said nothing, just rested my head on the arm of the couch. I looked up at the ceiling and thought about Marc-Andre, and I realized Sidney was right.

With Marc-Andre coming and going to be here, I wanted to get better and be able to be with him. Marc-Andre Fleury really, truly is good for me.