Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Marc-Andre Arrives

One week later:
Stitches, they suck horribly.
I was at the doctors' office, getting the stitches out of my head. There were only a few, but it hurt getting them out. Well, then again, I tend to be a baby when it comes to such things.
Sidney was sitting in a chair in the corner while the doctor pryed out the stitches from my hairline. I flinched everytime.
"Try to hold still." The doctor kept telling me. Easy for him to say.
I tried to distract myself by talking to my brother, who seemed to be in his own little dream land. "What time is it?" I asked him, knowing that we had to be at the airport by 3 because Marc-Andre was flying in.
Sidney looked at his watch. "It's only two o'clock, Sierra." He said. "We have plenty of time." I moaned.
The doctor finally finished just as Sidney's phone rang. He left the room and I sat up. "There we go, finally done." The doctor said as I brushed my finger tips along my hairline.
"Thanks." I mumbled to him and he looked at me.
"For a hockey player, you are quite a wimp with these kind of things." He said. I almost lunged at him.
Instead, I snorted. "Get me on the ice and it is another story, Doctor sir." I said, saying his name in a sarcastic tone.
He only shrugged and motioned me to leave. I grabbed my bag, and Sidney's jacket that was on the chair, and hastily left the room.
I nearly smacked into Sidney. "Mum wants us over for dinner tonight, since we haven't had a family dinner yet." He said and I just stared at him. "She knows Flower is coming, she doesn't mind him coming as well." He had a smile on his face.
I walked past him and signed myself out, only limping slightly now. "Ok, I wouldn't mind some of mum's cooking anyways." I said to him and he laughed at me.
"What, is my cooking not good enough for you?" He asked playfully.
I chuckled and left the office, heading towards Sid's car. "Actually, it isn't. You are good at the barbeque, my dear brother, but, elsewise, not so much." I said to him, sliding into the passengers seat.
Sidney turned on the engine and chuckled. "Alright, I suppose you are right." He said as we pulled out of the parking lot. "Want to grab some lunch before we head to the airport?" He asked.
I rubbed my wrist, which wasn't as painful as it used to be, and contemplated. "Yeah, ok." I finally replied to him.
Sidney pointed towards the Tim Horton's on the side of the street. "Oh! Yes yes yes!" I said to him. I've been home a week, and I still haven't had Tim's. What a great Canadian I am.
Sidney laughed and pulled into the Tim's drive through. "Hot chocolate and Tim Bits?" He asked me, knowing that was my favorite to get; even if it is lunch time.
I nodded my head and he ordered. He pulled through and paid quickly, handing me my hot chocolate and the Tim Bit's. I quickly opened them and popped a glazed one into my mouth. "Mmmm." I said, savoring the taste.
Sidney shook his head and laughed, taking a Tim Bit for his own. "Well, that didn't take up any time." He said, sipping at my hot chocolate.
I thought about what to do. "By the time we get to the airport, it will be close enough to the time that Marc-Andre will arrive." I said. "It's a Saturday, the highway will be filled with traffic."
Sidney nodded his head, eating another Tim Bit, and pulled out onto the street, heading towards the highway. "We need to go to Tatamagouche sometime this year." He said and I gave him a questioning look.
"Why?" I asked him.
He pulled off onto the highway and we started towards the airport. "Because I have a friend that moved there." He replied.
I took a drink form my hot chocolate. "Oh, ok. But you will have to drop me off at Truro if you do. I want to go to Masstown Market." I said.
Sidney looked over at me. "You won't be the only one going to Masstown, sister. I'd like to go too. But if you want to be dropped off at Truro..."
I interrupted him. "I'm joking. I'll go to Tatamagouche. I want to go to the big lake there anyways."
He focused back into the road. "Ah, ok." He said, reaching for a Tim Bit. I gave him a jelly filled one, since I don't like them too much.
"When are we going to Masstown anyways?" I asked him. I hadn't been there in a year, and I really wanted to go.
"We can go when Marc-Andre is here. He probably hasn't been to one before." Sid said and I nodded my head.
"Alright, but you do know I'll be making a feast that night after we go." I said, smiling.
Sidney laughed and rolled down the windows. The cool Nova Scotian air whipped through the car. It felt awesome.
We were speeding down the highway, and I noticed the ramp up ahead, but Sidney didn't seem to realize it. We had been gone too long.
I cleared my throat and pointed. "Sidney, ramp." I said, and he immediately slowed down.
"Woops." He said and I laughed at him as we pulled of the ramp that headed towards the Halifax airport.
We drove the rest of the way in silence, listening to the radio and enjoying the wind rustling through the car. I noticed a deer along the side of the road. She was eating grass, but got scared off by a big semi racing by.
"We also have to go to Peggy's." I finally said to him. "We haven't been there in years. It would be a nice pace."
He nodded as we came up to the airport. "Yeah, it would be nice." He said. "What airline is he coming in?" He asked.
I looked at the flight information Marc-Andre sent me. "Air Canada." I said and Sid nodded, turning into the area designated for Air Canada.
He pulled into a parking spot and we climbed out. "Well, we make good time." I said, noticing the time was just barly 2:45.
Sidney laughed and we walked into the airport, getting points and stares from the people. I automatically stepped closer to my brother. "That we did." He said. "Look." He beckoned discreetly towards a little girl wearing a Penguins shirt with his number on it.
I chuckled as we sat down to wait. "My brother is a superstar." I said and he glanced at me.
"You are a superstar yourself, you are a part of the Penguins." He retorted.
I shrugged and rested back into the seat. "Not as much as you are, Sidney. You know that." I looked at him and he sighed, but then smiled.
I noticed a boy was pointing at us, so I decided to get up and go over to him. His father looked shocked as I knelt down to the boy, glancing back at the curious look Sidney was giving me.
"Hi there." I said to him. "I'm Sierra Crosby."
He nodded his head. "I know." He said. I could tell he was in awe.
I looked over my shoulder and pointed to Sidney. "I see you are a fan of my brothers. Would you like to meet him?" I asked, looking up as his father for permission.
Both father and son said yes at the same time. I smiled and stood up, leading the boy over to Sidney.
Sidney immediately got up and greeted the boy. I knew Sidney better than anyone else. And I know that sometimes he doesn't like his fame, but he loves all his fans. My brother is a great man; kind, funny, and generally a gentleman.
I was handing Sidney a permanent marker to sign the boys shirt, just as I heard my name being called in the french accent I loved. "Sierra."
I whipped around and saw Marc-Andre. His ear length hair was tucked behind his ears under his hat. "Marc-Andre!" I called and ran over to him.
I heard Sidney say goodbye to the boy, just as Marc-Andre dropped his bags and I flung myself into his arms.
He held me tightly. "It's good to see you, Princess." He said, pulling away from me. I noticed him looking me over, making sure I really was ok. His eyes lingered on the cut on my hairline, and bent down and kissed the cut softly. "You were right, you aren't as banged up as I pictured. And I'm very thankful for that." He said softly, with a smile.
I chuckled, and hid my blushing as Sidney walked up and greeted Marc-Andre. "You brought your hockey gear, right?" My brother asked.
Marc-Andre nodded and beckoned to the bag at his feet. "Well, of course." He said, smiling.
"Excellent." Sidney said as he helped pick up one of Marc-Andre's bags. "Not to throw this upon you, but we, as in all of us, are going to my parents' for dinner." Sidney told Marc-Andre.
Marc-Andre nodded and I took the keys from Sidney to go open the trunk of the car. "Awesome, I heard your mom makes great food." He said and we all laughed.
I lifted the trunk open and shook my head. "What is it with you men and food?" I asked them, handing Sidney the keys.
Sidney and Marc-Andre exchanged looked and I raised my eyebrow. "It's a man thing." They laughed and I rolled my eyes.
"Oh, whatever." I said, sliding into the backseat.
Sidney started up the car and pulled out of the parking lot, heading towards the highway once again. Marc-Andre admired the scene's out the window. "It is absolutely beautiful here." He said.
I leaned forward and placed my arms on the seat of Marc-Andre's seat. "Mmhmm." I said to him. "We will take you all over. You will love it." I said to him, looking out the windshield.
Marc-Andre turned in his seat to look at me. My chin was rested on my arm and he smiled. "I think I will love it." He said and I bit my lip.
"Off to Cole Harbour we go." Sidney said, pulling onto the ramp that leads to the highway to Cole Harbour.