Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

The True Beginning

The next morning was a more calm and relaxed one. Sidney and Marc-Andre played around with trying to fish out on Grand Lake, and I stayed ashore, feeding with fish as Aislinn tried to eat them.
I thought about the rest of last night. The dinner was delicious and a lot fun. We laughed a lot and really enjoyed each others' company. Jenna had to leave as soon as we got home, but that was ok because I wanted to head to bed after the long day. I had a dream I couldn't remember, but I knew it had something to do with the flower I loved.
I came back to the present as Aislinn decided to jump into the lake after a cat fish. I laughed as she yowled in dislike and sprinted out of the water as fast as she could.
Jenna came over at one point and she hang out with me. My wrist was swollen again that day, so I didn't have the energy to do much. But Jenna enjoyed just sitting along the lake with me.
We enjoyed playing truth or try to catch a fish. Of course, we pretty much ended up with digging answers out of each other. Although, at the very end, Jenna tried to catch a fish just for our amusement. I laughed so hard that I almost fell of the dock.
Ultimately, Jenna didn't catch a fish, but my cat did. Aislinn walked proudly off as she caught a fish and made Jenna and I laugh even harder.
Sidney and Marc-Andre came to shore at about two to get something to eat. I cooked up some hot dogs and Kraft Dinner. Jenna kept trying to eat the pieces of hot dog, and I kept smacking her hand with the spoon.
When the guys walked in, Sidney tried to take a piece of hot dog as well. Marc-Andre leaned back against the counter next to me as I smacked Sid's hand. "What is with you two? Can't you wait a few minutes?" I grumbled at them. Marc-Andre chuckled next to me as Sidney and Jenna sat down at the table and waited eagerly.
I looked at Marc-Andre. "They are too much alike for their own goods." I said to him and he grinned at me.
"I'm sure many would say the same thing about you and him. Since you are twins and all." He walked up behind me and leaned over my shoulder. I could feel my hair against his chest and neck. "May I?" He asked.
I nodded and raised my voice. "Since you asked, go right ahead." I replied to him, getting moans from the hungry Sidney and Jenna at the table. Marc-Andre chuckled and took a piece of hot dog.
I asked Marc if he could drain the noddles for me, since I can't hold the pot with my wrist. I pulled out the ketchup from the refrigerator and placed it on the table, along with water and milk.
Marc-Andre drained the noodles and I added the milk and cheese, and then the hot dog pieces. I wished we had ham (I don't like hot dogs), but it would have to do.
Marc-Andre grabbed the bowls out of the cupboard and utensil's and went over to the table, with me following with the meal. Sidney looked at me like a hungry savage animal and I almost dropped the pot from chuckling at him. As soon as I placed it on the table, Jenna and Sidney attacked the food.
I blinked and stepped back, stepping on Marc-Andre's foot. I was barefoot, so it couldn't have hurt him. But I apologized to him anyways. He just smiled and sat down.
Lunch went by fast. There was a lot of chattering and laughing, but then again, with us, that's all we seem to do.
After lunch, Sidney and Jenna challenged each other to a match on what ever game that won their rock-paper-scissors challenge. Marc-Andre was enjoying their bickering and I slipped outside to the dock.
Aislinn bolted inside as I went out. I rolled my eyes at the crazy cat and sat at the edge of the dock. I could see a swan out on the lake and I watched it clean itself in the water.
I was in such a serene state that I didn't noticed soft footsteps behind me. I jumped when the tall 6 foot 2 stature of Marc-Andre stopped behind me.
Marc-Andre chuckled. "You are easily scared." He said quietly. I smiled at him. "May I join you?"
I nodded and he sat down next to me, slipping his own feet in the water. I looked out at the swan and I was extremely aware of how close he was, and I could feel my heart racing slightly.
"Sierra?" Marc-Andre asked me, his voice was so soft, so gentle that I could feel myself melt in his voice.
I looked over at him, and he was watching the swan as well. "Yes?" I asked back, noticing the slight bruise along his temple.
His dark brown eyes turned towards me; a soft but nervous smile along his lips. "What are we?" He asked and I gave him a confused look. He took a deep breath and elaborated. "What are we to each other?" He asked softly.
I sucked in a deep breath in surprise, and I could feel the heat coming to me face. "I..." My voice faltered and I bit my lip. "I don't know." I finally answered, my voice only a soft whisper. "Close friends?" I shot out there.
Multiple feelings showed through his beautiful dark eyes. He focused back out onto the swan out in the lake. "What if..?" He hesitated for a long time. I played with a string on my shorts as I waited for him to speak. He seemed to have finally convince himself. "What if, I wanted us to be something more?" He asked me, in the quietest voice.
I got whip lash from turning my head so fast, but I completely ignored it. "I..~" He put up his hand to cut me off, and Marc-Andre finally turned to look at me.
His eyes searched mine and my heart was pouding so hard in my chest, it felt like someone was drilling me. My breath was caught in my lungs as well. "Sierra, I like you, a lot." He said quietly. "I like you, more than a friend."
My jaw decided to drop and my eyes widened in surprise. I couldn't speak, breathe, or move. I was in so much shock, and I kept yelling at myself to say or do something, but my body wouldn't listen.
Marc-Andre's eyes lowered and he started to get up, saying, "If you don't~" My body finally decided to listen to me.
I grabbed onto his hand and he stopped as he was kneeling next to me. I knew I was as red as the Canada jersey I was wearing as I looked into his eyes. "Marc," I started, my voice quivering. "I... I really like you too. As more than a friend." I whispered back at him. "I...have for a long time." And that was the truth. I didn't completly realize it till lately, but I knew I had feelings for him for a long while.
It was his turn to be speechless. He sat back down slowly, his eyes never leaving mine. "Truly?" He asked, his voice airy.
I nodded at him and bit my lip. Marc-Andre brought his hand up to my cheek and gently wiped away a strand of my hair. I shivered under his soft touch. "I have liked you for a long while as well." He whispered, his voice shaking slightly.
"What are we now?" I asked him, my voice shaking as well.
Marc-Andre's hand gently went from my cheek to the back of my neck, cupping my neck in his hand. He leaned forward, slowly and deliberatly as if he wasn't sure I'd want this. But I did, I have wanted it.
His lips gently touched mine and a violent shiver shook through me. One would describe it as chemistry, but that is corny. So it is a good thing I'm corny, because that is exactly how it felt.
I wrapped my arms around his neck softly, his touch so gentle and so sweet.
I didn't want to pull away from him, so he pulled away first. "I think," He said slowly, his eyes searching deep into mine. "I think that makes us a couple." He breathed and I smiled shyly.
He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him tightly back, blinking back the tears that threatened to come. He kissed my forehead, right where the long scar from my accident was and I buried my face against his neck. He stroked my hair and I looked up as I heard the door open.
Sidney and Jenna rushed out, clapping like they just saw the start to world peace. I blushed and stuck my tongue out at them both as they laughed.
I pulled myself from Marc-Andre...just as Jenna raced up and pushed me into the lake. I shrieked and hit the water. I surfaced quickly and swore in French at her.
Jenna and Sidney were gaving a good laugh, and Marc-Andre pulled me out of the chilly water. He held me against him, even if it meant that he got wet as well.
"Well, it is about time." Jenna said, her smile turning soft and warm.
Sidney nodded and agreed. "The guys will love this, especially since some will have to stop hitting on you as a joke." I rolled my eyes and rested my head on Marc-Andre's chest, dripping wet.
I felt Marc-Andre's lips on the top of my head as he started to lead me to the house. Jenna and Sidney parted for us, their smiles were happy, and not mocking like I thought they would be.
As we walked into the house, and I started to head up the stairs to get changed, I realized that not only do I have my first boyfriend... but I just had my first kiss, and with the man of my dreams.