Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Maxime Fun

We were traveling from Detroit to Pittsburgh, sadly in the mighty transfer bus. And let me tell you, being in one small space with a bunch of hyped up crazy men, isn't as great as I'm sure it seems to some of you hockey ladies.

I was in my own special, quiet place reading a book and listening to my music. I could still hear the craziness, but it was mostly blocked out. I hummed to myself through the songs as I read my book.

I turned the page when a shadow came over me. I glanced up and saw Marc-Andre starting to sit down next to me. I scooted aside and gave him room, shaking out my earphones. I gave him a curious look. "Yes?" I asked him.

He only smiled at me and laid back against the couch. "Nothing." He replied in his thick French accent. "It is just quieter here."

I laughed. "That is precisely why I am here." I said back to him as he closed his eyes.

"Don't let me bother you." He said quietly. I shrugged and picked up my book again and started to read again; although I didn't put my earphones back in.

It wasn't long before my quiet peace was interrupted. There is no such peace living with these men.

I glanced up again to see Max's cocky grin. "What do you want?" I asked him, with an impatient tone. I saw Marc-Andre sit up out of the corner of my eye.

Talbot's grin only got bigger. "I want nothing. Just wondering where the superstar’s sister and our goalie were." He said.
I rolled my eyes. 
"We are trying to have some peace, because you guys are crazy." I replied back.

"Well, then I'm deeply sorry." He said, and it was then I realized his hands were behind his back.

I narrowed my eyes. "Sorry? Abo~" I didn't get to finish my sentence. Max brought out from behind his back a huge bottle filled with champaign and poured it all over me. 
I jumped up and shrieked.
Max was laughing his head off and Marc had jumped up too, and backed away to avoid getting wet. I swore at Max just as Sid came in. He looked at me curiously and then turned to Max.

"That was unnecessary." He said to Max, but he only kept laughing.

"I'm sorry! She was being so anti-social. She needed some fun." He said.

I growled at him. "I only wanted some peace!" He cocked his head to the side and I stormed out. 
I entered the washroom and yanked off my wrist brace. I peeled off my red stained yellow shirt and threw on a tank. I washed my hands and face to get the rest of the drink off of me. 
I pulled my hair back, which was also a tad bit wet on my bangs, and grabbed my stained shirt. I stormed out of the bathroom, past Geno who was giving me a look, and over to my bags. I knelt down and threw my shirt into my bag.

I heard someone come up behind me. "Hey... look I'm sorry, you just seemed so tense, and I thought it would help." I whipped around to look at Max.
I grunted and stood up.
 "Whatever." I said to him. I pushed past him and he tried to grab my shoulder. I shrugged it off. "You ruined one of my favorite shirts." I said to him. He gave me a sad look. "Look, just don't bug me when I'm trying to relax."

He nodded and I walked by. I went back to my spot and saw Sidney and Marc still there, sitting. I tried to put on my wrist brace, with no prevail. My shoulders slumped.

"Come here." Sid said. I glanced up and looked at him. We have the exact same colored eyes, the same brown-hazel. He raised his eyebrow and I sighed. I went over and sat between him and Marc.

I muttered, more to myself then to them, but they heard anyways. "I can't get it back on." I said.

Sidney took the wrist brace and I held my left arm out to him. He carefully put on the brace without hurting my wrist. 
"There." He said when he finished. I took my arm back and rubbed the brace. It felt tight, but it would do.

I glanced at him and yawned. "Thank you." I said. He smiled his reply.

"We are almost to Pittsburgh." Said Marc, from my other side. I glanced over at him. He had his eyes closed again.

Sid chimed in. "Yup, and then all the fun begins." He smiled and I sighed.

"Oh joy." I said. "If your team tries any more funny tricks on me, I'll lose my mind."

Sidney and Marc-Andre both laughed. "Don't worry Erra. They won't." I nodded to him. "Just enjoy yourself Erra. It will be fun."

I nodded again. "Ok. Yeah, it will be." I said, just as we pulled past a sign that said ' Pittsburgh, Home of the Stanley Cup Champions.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for any grammatical errors. I wrote the beginning of this story a long time ago.