Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Welcome Back To Pittsburgh

Late August--> Off to Pittsburgh.
It was the day we were to head off to Pittsburgh. It was late in August, and I was sad to leave my home, but very excited on going back to Pittsburgh, and being able to play hockey.
I had finally taken off my wrist brace off that day. It felt great to get it off. My wrist looked off still, from the bone when it was broken, but it felt better than it has been in a while, and I knew I could practice right away when we get to Pittsburgh.
Sidney and I were packing our things into our parents' car as Jenna's mom pulled into the driveway. I waved to her mother and smiled as Jenna got out and hugged her mother goodbye. Jenna grabbed her bags and her mom pulled out of the driveway.
She walked up the driveway and smiled at us. "Hey." I said to her, just as Sidney walked up to her, kissed her cheek, and took her bags for her.
"Hi." Jenna replied back. "This is so exciting, but I'm so nervous too." I nodded at her and smiled.
"It'll be alright. Mario says he was able to get you into an interview at Cal-U." I said to her.
She was very surprised. "Already? On such a short notice?"
I nodded and smiled. "Well, of course. Mario knows how to pull the strings." We both giggled and Sidney came up and placed his arm around Jenna's shoulder.
"Dad is ready, so let's get going." He said and we both nodded, heading to the car.
I was able to claim the front seat because Sidney and Jenna wanted to sit next to each other in the back seat.
My father explained that Taylor and my mother would be meeting us at the airport as we headed down the highway.
I took in all of the sights of Nova Scotia, knowing I would not be able to see everything again until Christmas. Even then, though, Nova Scotia will look just as beautiful with the snow.
We pulled into the airport and my father dropped us off before he wet to park. Sidney looked around and I pointed up. "Up the escalator, Sid." I reminded him.
He smiled at me and we headed upstairs, to the international section of the airport. Our mother and Taylor was already there. They hugged Sidney, Jenna, and I in turn.
"You guys better behave. And Sidney, do try to keep looking for a place down there. Sierra, do try to take care of yourself. Those guys over weigh and they are much taller than you. They can and will seriously hurt you given the chance. And Jenna, you study and work hard, your parents are so proud of you." My mother said to us.
We all nodded and said, "Yes, mum." Even Jenna said it too. My mother is like her second mother, and for a long time, she has called my mom 'mom'.
"I'm going to miss you guys." Taylor said and Sidney hugged her again.
"You will be fine without us. You know you can text and email whenever you want. Even call." He said and I nodded in agreement.
Our father came up to us and greeted us. I looked at the time and I gave a look to Sidney, we had to start heading to the gate.
The goodbyes' were sad and filled with tears, as they always are. We hugged and kiss, and the tears came more from my mother than anyone else.
We parted ways and Sid, Jenna, and I headed towards the counter to confirm our being here and getting our boarding passes.
We got the passes and dropped off our bags, and headed towards secruity. We put our things on the belt and went through. Jenna got beeped and had to be checked over. I laughed as they realized she had on a belt with a metal clip.
We were finally cleared and I poked fun at Jenna, who would mumble angrily at me. I chuckled as we came up to Custom's.
As usual, they asked for passports and ID's. The man let us through quickly, because he knew who we are.
The three of us scrambled to get on the plane, and as soon as we got there, we had to board. We sat in the first class, and I had to sit on my lonesome because the love birds wanted to sit together. I didn't truly mind, it meant more arm room for me.
I sent a quick text to Marc-Andre, to tell him we are just about to leave. I knew he had arrived in Pittsburgh last night, and he would come to the airport once we arrived.
I put my phone on airplane mode and relaxed back into my seat, taking a garvol.
The plane took off and not long after, the flight attendant came on and announced that we could use our electronics. I pulled out my Ipod and stuck it in my ears. I eventually drifted off.

I woke up as Jenna kicked me and told us we were landing. I turned off my Ipod and looked out the window, watching as Pittsburgh came up from below us.
Touchdown came quickly and Sidney immediatly stood up to stretch. "I'm too tall to fly." He said in a joking tone and Jenna and I laughed at him.
I brushed a curled piece of hair from my face and talked in a mocking tone to Sidney. "And what about those hockey players, and even people in general, who are six foot above?" I grinned at him.
We walked off the plane, Sidney and Jenna were hand in hand, and we headed towards the baggage claim. I walked in silence as my brother and best friend were gooey with each other.
We walked down the stairs to the baggage claim and I already saw one of Jenna's bags. "Jenna!" I said, pointing.
She squeaked and rushed towards the belt and hauled it off, just in time too. Sidney and I came rushing up behind her. "Thanks." She said to me. She spotted one of my bags too. "That one is yours isn't it? And I'm not taking a wild crack at it because it has a huge number 78 on it." We laughed as Sidney came back with it, and a tall, black haired man who grinned at me.
I smiled hugely at Marc-Andre and ran into his arms. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist, hugging him tightly. "I have missed you so much." I whispered into his ear as he hugged tightly back.
"I have missed you as well, my darling." He said, just as he kissed me sweetly.
I heard an 'awwww' from behind me and I glanced around to see Jenna smiling warmly. "Nothing like two lovers seperated for a few months." She said and Marc-Andre and I laughed at her.
Sidney appeared with all of our bags, a great big pile of them. Marc-Andre set me down, but I wouldn't let him pull away from me. We locked arms as he swung my hockey bag over his shoulder and I grabbed my rolling bag.
"Are we the last to arrive?" Sidney asked Marc-Andre as him and Jenna walked side by side theirselves.
Marc-Andre shook his head as he led us to where his car was parked. "No, Gonch and Geno don't come in until tomarrow. They were held up somewhere after flying out of Russia." He said.
"Ah." Sidney said as we came up to Marc-Andre's car. I slid into the passangers seat and Jenna and Sidney sat in back after we placed our bags in the trunk.
"Off to Mario's we go!" Sidney said and Jenna giggled next to him. Marc-Andre took my left hand in his right as he drove from the Pittsburgh airport.
I held his hand back and heard Jenna whispering to Sid. "I'm so excited to meet everyone, and see Mario Lemieux's house!" Sidney chuckled and I looked back at them.
"You will love everyone." I said with a smile. "And the guest portion of the house is pretty much ours." I told her and she beamed happily.
Sidney told Jenna more about each of the hockey players. She already knew a lot, from what she has read and what we told her, but Sidney went more in depth.
Marc-Andre and I talked quietly to each other as well. Even though we talked every night, it was much better in person. He squeezed me hand and looked over to shoot me a smile that I returned.
We pulled up to the Lemieux mansion and I hopped out of Marc-Andre's car, noting all of the cars that were here.
Jenna and Sidney quickly got out of the car, and Jenna was bouncing on the balls of her feet. "This is so exciting!" She exclaimed and we all laughed.
Marc-Andre grabbed one of my bags and I grabbed the other. Sidney and Jenna grabbed their own things and we started to head up to the house.
"Well, Jenna," I started to say to her. "Your new life is about to begin." I smiled at her. "And now, the fun begins."