Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

First Practice

The first practice of the season was always very boring. We pretty much just warmed up, shoot the puck at our goaltenders, and then watch and observe how the new guys play. Jenna had come with us, even though I said it would be pretty boring. But she insisted coming and watching.
The team was all lined up in numeracal order, watching as Rupp tried to get past two of our defencemen and get the puck into the net, as if it was a real 2 on 1 skate. He was able to shoot the puck, but Marc-Andre easily grabbed it.
He skated back to the group of us, and Coach Bylsma looked to all of us. "Now, who thinks they can work with any of these guys on their line?" He asked and my hand shot in the air. Coach laughed. "I figured you would, Sierra."
Mike Rupp gave Coach a curious look and Coach explained. "Sierra is the fastest we have, not just on the ice and on face offs, but she can watch guys play, even just the little bit you guys did, and she can analyze in her head on how to work with or against you. She is very talented that way."
I blushed and everyone looked at me. I caught Marc-Andre's look and I could tell he was smiling at me. "I'm not that great." I said quietly.
That sort of ticked Coach off. "Don't down yourself, Sierra. You should be proud of your skills." He lectured.
I nodded. "Yes, sir." I said.
Coach kept talking. "Sierra and Sid make the power team, together they are a force to be reckoned with when on that ice. Put them with anyone, and they are invinsible. They don't go on the same line often though, but Sierra can work with pretty much anyone." He said and I heard Sidney cough. I knew he was as embaressed as I was.
Rupp was looking at me. "Great at the face offs?" He asked. "May I witness this personally?" He asked and I looked at coach, who just shrugged.
"It would be good practice to go against her." He said as I skated to the center, shuffling my feet on the ice to warm up my muscles again.
Mike skated up and we both crouched into the position as Coach came up. I'm right handed and he is left handed, which means there was no way either of us could interfere with the others stick. Which was all for the better at this time.
Coach Bylsma released the puck. I watched it fall in slow motion, and as soon as it touched my stick, I tossed it back to Kris who was in position behind me. I stood up and Rupp blinked. "Wow... you really are fast." He said.
Kris patted my shoulder and laughed. "I can precieve the puck dropping slower then other, which makes my reaction time faster." I explained, skating over to Geno who was sitting on the ice, half asleep. Gonch and Geno flew in extremely early in the morning, and they were exhausted.
Coach dismissed us and Sid and I pulled Geno to his feet. He sluggishly skated off the ice and I waited for Marc-Andre to skate up to me. We walked down to the dressing room, and Jenna followed, but she stayed outside the dressing room.
I walked over to my locker area and plopped down onto the bench and peeled off my skates. My socks were wet and I wiggled my toes in them, it felt gross. I peeled off my practice jersey and hung it up on the hanger.
I shrugged off my pads and took my hair out of the pony tail I had it in. You may be thinking, 'Isn't it awkward dressing and undressing in front of all those men?'
To answer your question, no, it isn't. At least not for me. For one, I'm used to it. I've been doing this for as long as I can remember, so it doesn't bother me. Also, I always wear a cami underneath my under armor. So it isn't like I'm showing anything. Plus, the guys don't care either, especially now that I'm with Marc-Andre. He may be soft spoken and easy going, but no one wants to see what he is like when in a fit of rage.
I quickly put on my shirt and shorts, and peeled off my wet socks, sticking them in a plastic bag to take home and wash. I slipped on my ballet flats and made sure all of my gear was hanging up to dry before I headed out.
Jenna was outside eating and apple and I took a bite of it, leaning against the wall. "Don't you have your interview with the college today?" I asked her.
She nodded and I looked over at her. "Yeah. Mario said he will take me, so he can speak with the people. I'm so nervous! What if they don't like me, or just don't want to accept me?" She asked and I shook my head at her.
"They'll love you, Jenna." I said to her, and she smiled a bit. I noticed her eyes brighten and I took over my shoulder and saw Sidney and Marc-Andre walked out.
I grinned and snaked my way over to Marc-Andre, and he tucked me under his arm. I rested against and we started to head out to the parking lot. "You were great out there." He whispered to me.
I smiled. "So were you." I told him and he kissed my head. I wrinkled my nose at him. "You need a shower." I said, and all four of us cracked up.
"I don't smell as bad as Sidney." He said, which made me laugh even harder.
Jenna decided to confirm it. "No, you definately don't." She said, laughing so hard she couldn't breathe. Even Sidney was laughing with us.
We exited the arena and there were a bunch of fans outside, shouting for us, but mainly Sid. Sidney handed Jenna the keys to his car and we walked off to our cars while he stayed behind to sign autographs. "He is such a good person." Jenna said and I nodded.
I leaned against Marc-Andre's car, taking in the warm Pittsburgh sun. Jenna tossed her purse into Sid's car and he waited for him. "He does that often, as long as the group isn't that big." I said and she nodded.
Sidney finally started to head back to us, and he looked at us. "Are you going back with Flower?" He asked me and I nodded.
Marc-Andre wrapped his arm around me. "Yes, she is. I want to do something special for her." He said and I chuckled.
Jenna and Sid grinned and climbed into Sid's car. "Alright, just bring her home safely." He said, rolling down the windows.
"Of course, I wouldn't let anything happen to her." Marc-Andre replied as I slid into the passanger's side of his car. I turned on his car and rolled down the windows.
"Good luck today, Jenna!" I called to her and she smiled.
"Thanks!" Sid pulled out of the parking lot and Marc-Andre climbed in.
We pulled out of the parking lot after Sid, and headed towards Marc-Andre's appartment. "So what is this surprise?" I asked him and he shook his head.
"I can't tell you. It wouldn't be a surprise not would it?" He said and I laughed.
"Alright, you win." He looked over and smiled at me.
We pulled into his apartment and I pressed the button on the elevator for the floor he was on. I led the way to his apartment and opened the door with my own key I had for it. I fell back into a chair and turned on the tv.
Marc-Andre kissed the top of my head. "I'll shower first." He said and I nodded.
"I know." I said and smiled at him as he went to his bedroom.
I shifted through the channels. Nothing was on, but that was ok. I decided to sit on the windows edge and watch Pittsburgh down below.
Marc-Andre was quick in his shower and came out. He wrapped him arms around me and I leaned back into him. "You smell much better." I joked around with him and he laughed.
I stood up and he went into his kitchen. "You know where everything is, right?" He asked and I said yes.
I walked into the bathroom and I grabbed two towels and headed to the shower. I let the hot water just run over me. It felt really good. I finally washed my hair and body and hopped out of the shower.
I got dressed and wrapped my shoulder length hair in a towel. I hung up the body towel and exited the bathroom. As soon as I left the bathroom, a big whiff of food enveloped me.
I headed to the kitchen and saw Marc-Andre walking around. "Food?" I asked him curiously and he whipped around.
"Surprise." He said, smiling. He walked over and kissed me gently.
I chuckled. "You know a way to my heart." I said and he laughed.
He waved me off. "Go finish up so I can finish this." He said, and I obeyed. I walked back into the bathroom and shook my hair and brushed it.
I walked back out and noticed the food on the table. It smelled so good. My super adorable French boyfriend took my hand elegantly, and led me to the table. He pulled out the chair for me and I laughed. "You are the sweetest." I said.
He grinned and sat down next to me. "Only the best for you." He said, only he said it in French, which gave it more meaning to me.
We ate the lunch he cooked happily. We enjoyed each others' company and I enjoyed the food. It was great to have some time alone with him, and only him.