Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Game One

September 15th--> The start of the season.
It was the day of the first game of the season... well, preseason, against the Blue Jackets. I was in my fabulous little shorts, stretching my long legs on the bench in front of my locker. Jenna was in here too, amongst all the changing guys. I swear, even though she is dating Sidney, she was her fantasy land- although is isn't just a fantasy anymore.
I tossed a sock at Jenna and she turned to look at me. She walked over as I switched onto my other leg. "Enjoying yourself?" I asked her.
I saw her cheeks flush slightly. She looked like she was about to lie, but she decided not to. "Well, DUH!" She said and the corners of my lips lifted, even though I was trying to hide a smile. "I'm in a hockey man fantasy!"
I stood up and then bent down backwards into the bridge position; my way of stretching out my back. If you haven't noticed, I'm quite flexible. "Just don't forget that you are in a relationship." I warned her.
She smacked my leg and I wobbled, shooting her a glare. "I would never forget such a thing. Sidney is my man. I'm just not used to this you know." She said, just as Jordan walked by, shirtless. Her jaw slacked and I flipped my legs over my head, went into a quick handstand, and onto my feet. I cleared my throat. "Sorry." She said, blushing.
I shrugged, pulling my hair back into a clip. "I know you aren't used to it. I was like you too when I first started. It won't 'wow' you for long, especially since you are in a relationship." I said.
Jenna shook her head. "So many guys in this room, with hot bods. Any girl would kill to be us." She said. I noticed how she was looking in Staalsy's direction. I rolled my eyes and pulled on my under armor shirt.
Max heard Jenna and came up and placed an arm around her. She tried to pull away but he held her close. "Would you ditch Sid for any of us?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.
I looked at him. "Max." I warned, just as Jenna said, "Not on your life. So what, I'm surrounded by hockey men, but Sid is the one I love." She stated, her tone final. I chuckled as Max walked away with a droop in his shoulders. We all knew he was upset that he can't play.
"Way to tell him." I said, starting to pull on all of my pads.
Jenna grinned. "I have my moments." I laughed at her. She watched me as I put every thing on. "Isn't it hard getting all this gear on?" She asked.
I shook my head, grabbing my skates. "Nope, not at all." I said, bending down to put my skates on. "I know it looks like it's hard to bend over with all this on, but its not." I stated.
Jenna nodded. "Well, considering how flexible you are..." She said and I grinned at her, just as Marc-Andre walked up.
"May I borrow her for a second?" He asked Jenna and she immediately started to walk away.
"Well, nice talking to you." I told her sarcastically as she weaved through the crowd of men to go over to Sidney. She grinned.
I looked back over to Marc-Andre. With my skates on, and him barefoot, I was 5'6" to his 6'2". Yeah... still not that tall. I used to have skates that added even another inch because I'm dealing with guys mostly over six feet, but I have adapted to the height, and now I know how to not get hurt when being checked.
Marc-Andre kissed my forehead and smiled at me. His perfectly white teeth almost glowed in the lights. "Good luck tonight, I know you will get a goal." He said.
I smiled at him. "You will do great too." I winked at him. "Just keep making those brilliant saves of yours." I said and he leaned forward to kiss me.
We kissed softly just as Coach Bylsma interrupted us. "Hurry up, game time in 20." He said and I chuckled as Marc-Andre walked away to finish getting ready.
Coach looked at me and I tied my other skate. "Be careful Sierra. Those guys are going to be brutal, and you are so tiny..."
I raised my hand to stop him. "I'll be fine. I know how to deal with these huge guys. You know this." I said and he sighed.
"Yes, I do." He said, before turning away. I grabbed my helm and my mouthguard, sticking it in my mouth. I grinded my teeth together to test it out, and it was fine.
Jenna was rushing out of the locker room to go take her place and Sid walked up to me. "Ready?" He asked.
I grinned at him and spoke awkwardly with the mouthguard in my mouth not bothering to take it out. "Better believe it." I said, following him as he led the way out of the locker room.
I kept stretching out all of my muscles, making sure they were warmed up and ready for action. I put my helm on as Marc-Andre and Max came out. The did their usual play fighting as they did every game, even if Max wasn't playing.
We heard the jumbotron overhead, announcing us, and we all took the ice to the roar of the crowd. Sidney and I took the ice first, racing around in a formation, tossing a puck back and forth.
Marc-Andre went to the net and was warming and hyping himself up. Everyone made circles, and raced around.
I quickly practiced my maneuvers that I had taught myself to deal with these guy men, easily avoiding being checked by Billy. He smiled and nodded before we all headed to the bench.
Coach quickly gave us a lecture to hype us up and we all roared "GO PENGUINS!" at the end.
I circled around to the center, making an 'eight' in the ice. I was at the first face off, as Sid's left winger.
He nodded to me and the buzzer went off. We all took our places, and the Blue Jacket gave me a dirty look before focusing on the puck. I grinned. The puck dropped and Sidney won the draw, the puck heading back to the defensemen. I raced behind the blue line on the Jacket's side. The puck came to me and I tried to fly down the ice, only to be met by a Blue Jacket. I launched the puck in the air, heading towards Jay Jay, and I jumped into the air, flying over the Jacket's stick and landing on the other side.

Commentators:
"The Penguins are rolling tonight! They really seem to be eager to be out there."
"Sure seems like it doesn't it, Mike. They are bringing nothing but their best, just what is expected from the defending Stanley Cup Champions."
"Agreed. Look at their formation!"
"Look at Sierra is more like it. She is the only female in the NHL and she has the right. Look at she launched at puck over the stick of the Jackets' Defenseman, and then she jumped over the stick. She is a truly great player."
"Agreed, and anyone who believes that she shouldn't be here needs to watch her now. She can adapt and playwith virtually anyone."
"She sure can. Look at captain Sidney Crosby now, racing down the ice. He shoots! AND HE SCORES!! Sidney Crosby gets his first goal of the season!"

Back on the ice, the end of the game:
We won the game. And we were now practically on top of each other, cheering at our 5-4 victory. I hugged Marc-Andre tightly.
We skated off the ice, laughing and cheering along the way. Jenna kissed Sidney and I laughed joyously.
As we headed to the locker room, I realized one thing. Thisis going to be a great season. How right I would soon realize I was. The downs that would soon come with injuries, will be nothing to the will power of the Pittsurgh Penguins.
The Stanley Cup defending champions will not go down easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promise that the chapters become better as the story goes on... I wrote the beginning so long ago, but everything improves.