Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Terror Strikes Again

September 27th--> Detroit Red Wings vs Penguins:
We were getting our butts handed to us. Which isn't surprising, now that we are being affected my injuries.
Sid was out on the ice, trying to get the puck in on a power play. But it was a no go, and a fight decided to break out.
I sighed and leaned into the railing. I looked up at the score and time. 4-1 with only just above 5 minutes left in the game. I took Sid's place out on the ice and took up the face off.
I won the face off, just barely, and tried to force the puck down the ice. I avoided a check and tried to fly down the ice. I shot the puck, but it was blocked and I saw Tanger go for the rebound; but failed. And the puck was covered.
I shook my head and stayed on the ice. I didn't have a lot of ice time this game, so I wasn't feeling too tired. Sid took the face off and I was at his left. He won the face off and the puck went from Brooks and then to me. I raced around the center, avoiding the Wings' captain and slapped shot the puck from directly in the center a few feet in front of the blue line.
As soon as my stick made contact with the puck and the ice, I felt a bone jarring pain shoot from my wrist up my arm and my whole body. I let out a shriek, and suddenly I was parallel to the ice.

Commentators:
"Look at Miss. Crosby avoid the Red Wings' captain, Nicklas Lidstrom. OH! She makes a slap shot from the blue line."
"And it's saved by Chris Osgood."
"That was a good try by Miss. Crosby... Wait, what's going on at the blue line?"
"Lidstrom is calling for a time out."
"And the refs call it. Crosby is racing towards Lidstrom..."
"And Sierra! Sierra is on the ice! Lidstrom is kneeling over her, talking to her."
"Now Sidney is there. The refs are trying to keep the players away from number 78."
"Something is terribly wrong. Sid is taking off his gloves and is prying off Sierra's helm. That is never a good sign."
"The refs are calling for medical help."
"Crosby looks frantic out there. Dupuis is trying to get him to his feet. Crosby doesn't want to leave his sister."
"I can't blame him. They are so close, and something is definately wrong. Look, a stretcher is coming."
"Fleury is leaning over the railing anxiously too. Dupuis has gotten Crosby to his feet."
"Sierra is being taken away now, Crosby is quickly following. And now Fleury is following down to the locker room too."
"The two teams are looking around nervously. This game is definately over. We will get an update about Miss. Crosby after the game."
"I sure hope she is alright... She already have a couple goals under her belt; she is a vitality for this team, as much as everyone else is."
---------------------------------------------------------------
"And the Penguins have lost this round, with what seems even more injuries piling up onto their injure reserved list."
"Yes, there is a small update for Sierra Crosby, who was taken from the game with 5 minutes left. She was taken to a nearby hospital, with her brother and boyfriend inviting themselves along."
"Yes, and I approve of their decisions. And as of Sierra, all we know is that she could not move when she was on that ice. Lidstrom said that he saw her collapse and heard her scream. He didn't know what was going on at the time."
"Nobody did. Lets just pray that Sierra Crosby is alright.

Sierra's PoV:
I came to consciousness with my head in Marc-Andre's lap. My left wrist was wrapped in a tight wrap and Sidney was asleep in a chair next to us.
I shifted my weight and Marc-Andre helped me into a sitting position. I gave him a curious look; his eyes looked exhausted and stressed. I found I couldn't really talk.
"You're wrist is in bad shape." He said. "The doctors don't know what is wrong. When we go back to Pittsburgh, you are to report immediately to our doctor." His voice was so weary.
My eye widened in alarm and I noticed that we were in our hotel room. "My...wrist?" I croaked out and Marc-Andre pulled me into a hug. I buried my face into his chest.
He stroked my hair and I felt the pain zip up through my arm from my wrist. I tried to hold back tears, but I couldn't. I cried quietly into Marc-Andre as he held me gently.
A soft knock came at the door, and Sidney woke up with a start. He looked over at me as I leaned against Marc-Andre, wiping my eyes. My brother's eyes looked sad, but he smiled at me.
Sidney opened the door to see Jordan pop his head in and looked over at me. "Hey." He said quietly.
I looked up at him as Marc-Andre continued to stroke my hair. "Staalsy?" I asked him, feeling a bit better when he smiled.
"I'm glad to know you know who I am." He joked, and I frowned. He quickly tried to redeem myself. "You were so hurt, and it looked like you hit the ice hard... I was worried."
My lip quivered but I smiled softly. "Mama Crosby is on everyones mind." Sid said and I threw a pillow at him with my right hand. Sid smiled.
Marc-Andre got off the bed, as gently as he could, and he pulled me to my feet, craddleing me again him. "We are leaving, right?" He asked and Jordan nodded.
I leaned against Marc-Andre as the other two grabbed out stuff. I started to walk away to leave but Marc-Andre held onto me. I looked back at him, confused, when he pulled me against him and swooped his arms under my legs and picked me up.
I blinked in surprise as Jordan whistled. I shot him a look as I wrapped my arms around Marc-Andre's neck.
He carried me to the elevator and we happened to get in there before Sid and Staalsy, and we were alone. "Thank you." I choked.
Marc-Andre looked down at me and smiled, kissing my forehead. "You'll be fine, Sierra. They will find out what is wrong and they will fix it."
I put my forehead against his shoulder and heaved a sigh. "I hope so." I sniffed.
I felt Marc-Andre's lips on the top of my head. "Everything will be fine. I promise you that." He said quietly.
I nodded. "Alright." I said, just as the elevator opened and the rest of the Penguins' were standing there, and they started to clap as Marc-Andre carried me through.