Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Surgery

The next couple of weeks went by in a blur. It was so fast pace, filled with practices that I helped direct along side of Coach, games that we won and lost, doctors visits that were more boring than boring, and on top of it all, our injury list was piling up.
Geno had suffered an injury and is now sitting out, along with Gonch who now has a broken wrist. Max still hasn't played because of his off season surgery, but he is working out and such. There were a lot more injuries, but I think you have gotten the picture.
Many have been called up from the minors to take our places amongst the team while we have to sit out. I was most looking forward to see Ben Lovejoy. He is so silly, and he gets along well with Jordan. Also, I got to boss them all around because I was helping Coach. (Although he thinks I want to take his job because I have the tendency to take over...tee hee.)
It was at the end of one of our praactices at the end of October when I got the call from my doctor. I was sitting on the bench and my phone was in my pockey. "Hello?" I said, just before shouting at Billy who was messing around with Ben.
My doctor cleared his throat. "Sorry," I said to him. "We are at practice."
"It's fine. But I thought that you would like to know that we have scheduled you for surgery on the 29th." He said.
My jaw dropped and I quickly checked our hockey schedule which sat behind me. I shifted through it until I found the date. "There is no game." I breathed into the phone. "But that night they will leave to take on the Jackets." I said, biting my lip.
Coach Dan walked up to me, interested in what was going on. I held up my finger to him as I placed my cell on speaker phone.
"It is the only day I can get you in for this. You will have to miss your visit with the Jackets. It is a morning surgery, so you can still watch the game after. We have a sports channel." Doc said to me.
I bit my lip and Coach pointed to the day after, Halloween. "We are home against the Wilds then." He said.
I nodded and Doc heard. "You will only have to stay here overnight for a night. You will make it to the Wilds' game." He said.
I started to pace on the ice, Coach skating behind me so I don't slip and fall, which is what I did a few days ago.
"Alright." I finally said, stopping and closing my eyes. I knew the practice had haulted and all of the guys were watching. "I'm in."
I heard the Doc sigh a breath of relief. "Excellent. I will see you in a few days then." He said, and then hung up.
I turned to Dan, and saw that he was smiling. "Don't worry about not being there with us. You are having your surgery so you can get better." He said. "We don't leave till the afternoon, and I know you don't want to be alone. And we will just have to win for you." He winked and then turned to the players to inform then.
They were all congratulating me and Geno came up from behind me and pulled me off the ice. "We will have Sierra up and running soon, then." He said, his legendary broken language making it hard to understand.
But I smiled and understood, his broken english is quite cute.
Marc-Andre and Sidney skated up to me. "We want to be there for your surgery." Sidney said, and Marc agreed.
I smiled, extremely grateful. "Good, because I want you there." I said quietly before waving them off to finish the practice with a shootout.
I leaned against the edge of the rink, with Evgeni next to me. Jordan was taking the puck against Brent, and it went through his legs. I chuckled.
Sidney was up, and he was going up against Marc-Andre. I knew that Marc-Andre loved going against Sidney, because when he makes a save against my brother, Sid gets angry and they start yelling at each other. Although, they end up laughing.
Sid raced down the ice and shot the puck. Marc-Andre quickly brought up his gloved and dived to the left and barely made a glove save.
I burst out laughing as I saw Sidney's face. He yelled something at Marc-Andre, who I could see was laughing as well. Marc yelled back and Sid skated up to him and they were face to face, no doubt back talking each other. You could say that this is like a ritual for them, because they do it almost every time.
Eventually though, I could see both of them laughing and they patted each other's shoulder as he headed bak to center ice and the rest of the guys went on the shootout.
It turned out to be Ben who was left out, and I could see that he sighed. I chuckled and turned around, being led away by Geno.
I waited outside for a while, taking in the crisp autumn air. I tried not to think about the surgery that was in a few days, but it was extremly hard not too.

October 29th:
The three of us, myself, Marc-Andre, and Sid, were sitting in the waiting room, waiting for me to be called in to get changed and prepared for surgery. My stomach growled with hunger because I wasn't allowed to eat anything before the surgery.
I was sitting between the two guys, with Marc-Andre holding my hand tightly, but not in a painful way. Sidney had his shoulder touching mine as we leaned against each other.
"You guys better win tonight." I said, my voice shaking with nerves.
Marc-Andre squeezed my hand and leaned in and kissed my head, where the scar from my accident was. "We will." He said softly, and Sidney nudged me in agreement.
The Doc came into the waiting room. "Miss. Crosby." He said and I stood up reluctantly. I didn't want to leave the comfort of my two men. "Come, dear." He said and I walked away, looking over my shoulder to see Marc and Sid standing up.
I was led into the room that I would rest in for the night, and the Doc left me to change into the dorky little outfit things they make us all wear.
I quickly changed and sat on the edge of the bed, feeling very exposed in this little cloth that they say is a 'gown'.
The Doc walked in and order me to lie in the bed. I obeyed, and rested my head against the pillow and pulled the covers over me; it was cold.
Doc beckoned to the outside and my boyfriend and my brother walked in, each taking a side of the bed, and each taking a hand.
Sidney squeezed my hand and smiled at me encouragingly. "We will see you in a couple hours." He said, his voice warm and it helped me calm down a little bit.
Marc-Andre kissed my cheek gently. "And we will be here when you awaken." He said, smiling so softly that I had to bite my lip.
I looked between the two of them, meeting my brothers identical eyes and Marc's soft, dark ones. "Do you promise?" I asked them.
They both nodded and agreed and I took a deep breath as the Doc came in and I was taken away from them. My hand slipped out of Marc-Andre's hand reluctantly, and I couldn't help but look back at them.
We made it to the operating room and someone put a mask over mynose and mouth. "Take." deep breaths and count out loudfrom ten." She said.
I did as she said. "Ten...nine....eig~" And I was out like a light.

I woke up slowly, feeling extremly groggy. I didn't want to open my eyes, it was way to bright, but I remembered that my men were here.
I squinted and opened my eyes. Sidney stood up over me and I rolled to my side away from him with a moan. "Sierra." He said softly.
I mumbled something that I didn't even know. I felt a warm hand reach mine and hold softly. I blinked and saw Marc-Andre smiling down at me.
"Welcome back to the world of the awake." He said to me, and I smiled softly in return.
Sidney rubbed my arm and I looked back at him. He nodded to my wrist and I looked down at my left wrist.
From between my fingers up to 3/4 just before my elbow, my left arm was in a cast. I could feel a bit of pain from my wrist, but even just laying here, it felt better than it has in a long time. I flexed my fingers, and still, the pain in my wrist was just about diminished. "It feels great." I said in awe.
The Doc walked in and smiled. "Excellent! Then the surgery went even better than we expected!" He said, clearly excited. "You will probably be in that cast for about six weeks, and then maybe a week of strengthening it up, and you will be back in the game."
I smiled and looked between Sid and Marc, and they were smiling as well.
"Now," Doc said. "I have to tell you what we did. Everything was right about what we said. A piece of bone had broken off from your car accident and the nerve slowly showed itself. We were able to cover and protect the nerve and the space between the bone that was missing is now covered with a piece of metal that was made just for this to take place of the bone. So now the nerve is protected, and the gap is closed." The Doc was very proud of this, I could tell.
"This is great." Marc-Andre said to me, hugging me awkwardly since I was lying in the bed. We smiled at each other and blew and air kiss at Sidney, who just laughed.
Sidney's phone went off and we answered it quietly. His face grew somber and he looked at me. "We have to go. They are waiting for us at the entrace to head off to face the Jackets." He said softly.
I nodded and shooed them both away. "You will be back in the morning to pick me up, so go. I'll be fine. But you better keep your promise." I said.
Marc-Andre smiled and kissed me softly, a kiss I gratefully returned. I waved to Sid with my good hand, and closed my eyes to nap.
When I woke, the game was on. I watched the whole thing, cheering like a wild woman. A few of the nurses came in to watch with me at once point.
The game was decided as a shootout. I roared and cheered as Sidney took the puck down the ice and made it pass the goalie, winning the game.
I cheered with some of the nurses and leaned back against the pillow up on the bed. The Penguins had kept their promise to me, they won the game.