Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Thanksgiving

The days went by faster than I ever thought was possible. I can barely remember what happened last week because I have been so busy and time decided to fly by.
I was out of the hospital the day after my surgery, and since then I have been going to every practice and helping Coach. I would privately help the guys, while Coach Dan took them all on. He thinks I want to take over his job... Sorry Dan, but I prefer my own job.
I tended to take on Jordan more than any one, trying to help him figure out how to use his height advantage. He is a really big guy, and he doesn't really know it. So I made it my duty to help him out; usually by using Rupper since he, too, is a huge man.
It was the day before Thanksgiving, and we had a game against the Canadiens. It was a home game, for which I was grateful because we were having a huge Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, and as soon as I got home from the game, I had to cook. Yeah for cooking!
The game turned out great. We won 3-1, a good game just before Thanksgiving.
We drove home and I immediately started cooking in the late night, although as one point Sidney had to pull we away since I had to get up in the morning to get everything rolling.
As soon as my head hit my pillow, I was out like a light, before Sidney even left my room.
I woke up to a soft caressing along my neck. I moaned and rolled over onto my side, since I was on my belly. I wiped my eyes and opened them to see Marc-Andre sitting on the edge of my bed, smiling down at me. "Good morning, sleepy head." He said, bending down and kissing my nose.
I smiled at him and sat up in my bed, my adorable penguin pajamas making themselves known.
Marc-Andre laughed. "You sure love Penguins." He said and I stuck my tongue out at me.
I looked at the clock. "It's 6:30, what are you doing here so early?" I asked him, dragging myself out of bed and to the bathroom to wash up before getting down to the cooking.
Marc-Andre followed me and leaned against the bathroom doorway. "Sidney said that you would like a little help with all of the cooking. Since there will be around 28 ravenous men here." He said, smiling as always.
I twitched and looked into Sidney's room. "Where did he go?!"
Marc-Andre blinked. "He said he and Jenna were going out for breakfast." I twitched again. "Are you ok?" He asked, clearly concerned.
I sighed and grabbed my toothbrush. "He was supposed to help me." I said, mumbling. "By the way, Gonch and Pascal aren't coming, right?"
Marc-Andre nodded. "I don't think Adams and Cooke are either." He said, as I brushed my teeth.
I pushed Aislinn off of my counter when she jumped up and quickly brushed my teeth. When I was done, I said, "Ok, who isn't coming? I know the guys who have their families and children. But who all?" I asked Marc-Andre.
He thought about it, going through all the guys in his head. "Craig, Matt, Pascal, Ruslan, Billy, Eric most likely isn't, Chris probably won't either, Mike, Sergei, Jay, Brooks said he had family coming in, and Martin isn't coming." He paused. "Oh, Brent either. And I'm positive Mark said he wanted to come."
I blinked at him. "That is half the team..." I said, actually kind of relieved because having the whole team here would drive me crazy.
But then I thought about it. "Oh...God...." I said, getting a questioning look from Marc-Andre. "That is all of the older players, of course..." I paused. "That leaves all of the rambunctious young men here." I sighed and Marc-Andre laughed, pulling me into a soft kiss. I mumbled against his lips. "You have to keep me sane."
He pulled away and smiled down at me, and then I rested my head on his chest. "Don't worry, everything will be fine." He said softly, running his fingers along my arm in a comforting way.
I pulled away from him and heaved a sigh. "I need to get dressed, can you get everything set up in the kitchen?" I asked him and he nodded. "The ham is in the fridge." I said, disappearing into my bedroom.
Before getting dressed, I sent Sidney a text saying, "Ditcher." I chuckled as it sent and I threw onmy cooking clothes, which consisted of sweatpants and a tank top.
Sidney replied to me text with an innocent face and said, "Sorry, Jenna wanted to go out."
I rolled my eyes and texted him back. "Sure, she may have, but you just wanted to get out of cooking duty. At least you had the decency to send 'Flower' over."
I laughed as Sidney replied with a smiley face.
I exited my room to see Marc-Andre dealing with the ham. I leaned against the wall and watched him as he skillfully messed with it, and put it in the oven to cook.
He turned to look at me, surprised I was there, and I smiled at him. He returned my smile and I walked towards him, grabbing all of the veggies to start getting them ready; even though they won't start cooking until it is closer to when we eat.
Marc-Andre and I were really enjoying our time together, messing around and cooking. Time seemed to whip by as we had our quality time together.
Sidney and Jenna came home around nine, and Jenna started to help with the pumpkin pie. I laughed at her as Marc-Andre had to do the crust because she kept messing it up. She laughed too.
I forced Sidney to make the apple pie, a recipe that gets passed down to each generation. Sidney and I currently had it, and I know he is a lot better at making the apple pie than I am.
He worked next to Jenna as they both made the pies, and Marc-Andre and I worked on the pumpkin cheesecake. (Totally drool worthy...) The cheesecake is really hard to do, which is why the both of us were working on one. Plus, it is hard for me to work on something like a cheesecake with my cast on.
I kept licking the cream cheese from my fingers, and Marc-Andre kept scolding me for it, but I love cream cheese... it's tasty.
Sidney and Jenna finished the pies they were working on, and they had to take them over to Mario's oven at the main estate, because the ham was in ours.
Marc-Andre and I finally finished the pumpkin cheesecake, and I wanted to eat it all right there. Marc took it away from me and I pouted, even though it was just going in the refridgerator.
I looked down at myself. I was extremely dirty. I had the ham's coating all over me, along with flour and pumpkin mix and cream cheese from all of the pies.
Sidney and Jenna came back, and I laughed as I got a good look at them. They both were covered in flour, especially Sidney. "I think we all need showers." I stated, chuckling.
All of us laughed and agreed. Jenna and Sidney showered first, Sid used our bathroom and Jenna used one of the guest bathrooms.
While I waited for one to finish up, I got out my nice dress clothes for the dinner. I let my shoulder length hair out of my pony tail and shook it. I was thinking about straightening it, thinking it would probably be an inch to three inches longer than it is if straightened. My hair was fairly curly, a lot like Sidney's when his is long, which is isn't right now, and that bugs me.
Sidney was out of the shower, and I pushed him out so I could take over. I tried not to smile as I closed and locked the door with Sidney in the hall, wrapped in a towel. I heard Marc-Andre say something to him and they both laughed, and Sid's door closed.
I hopped in the shower and let the hot water run down my body. My cast was water proof, so I didn't have to be cautious.
I shook my head, feeling my wet hair tumble in my face, and finally decided to wash my hair. My hair reached my shoulder blades when it was wet.
I conditioned my hair and sighed when I had to turn off the water; I loved taking hot showers.
I wrapped my towel around my body, and realized I didn't have a hair towel. I bit my lip and opened the door, getting goosebumps as the rush of cold from outside came in. I saw Jenna in the hallway and called to her. "Can you grab a hair towel for me?" I asked her.
She nodded and I opened the door, going back to the sink and cleaning my glasses. I didn't feel like wearing my contacts, because I hate them. I have to wear them for hockey, and that is all I wear them for.
Jenna came back and threw the hair towel at me. "Thank you." I said as she smiled her reply, going back to dry her long, dark hair.
I closed the door once again and tossed my hair up into the towel. I quickly dried myself off and put on my black dress pants, and a pretty, sky blue t-shirt.
A knock came to the door and I opened it. Sidney came in and finished getting himself ready while standing behind me. We were used to sharing a small bathroom, and this was a lot bigger.
I took my hair down from the towel, and blow dried it enough so it was just damp. My brown curls were more reasonable when I blow dried it, because I keep running a brush through my hair to keep them from super-curling like Sidney's does.
I put on my glasses, which I look cute in if I may say so myself, and left Sidney to the bathroom, spotting Marc-Andre in the kitchen, checking on the ham. I smiled at him as I noticed his eyes rake over me. I don't believe he has ever seen me dress up before.
The doorbell rang and I rushed to answer it. Jordan, Kris, and Evgeni stood there, smiling at me. I chuckled and invited them in, saying "Happy Thanksgiving.
We all started to gather in the large living room, Jenna was offering the little appetizers I had made last night.
Eventually everyone was here and the ham was ready, which meant dinner was about to be served. We gathered at the large table and everyone helped themselves. Max threw a roll at Kris, who dodged it. I grabbed it and tossed it as Max's head when he wasn't looking, and it clonked him. "No more throwing things!" I warned. "This is a family dinner." Everyone nodded.
I sat between Marc-Andre and Jordan, and through the whole dinner, Marc-Andre and I held hands.
There was a lot of talking, and everyone was having a great time. I looked at the Penguins team (including Jenna), and felt the warmth in my heart. All of these guys were my family, and today on Thanksgiving, I can rightfully say that I am thankful that all of these guys are in my life. And I am even more thankful for Marc-Andre, who held my hand through all of dinner.