Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Stupid Hockey Players

We pulled up to the Lemieux house. I grabbed my stuff, heaving it over my shoulder and stepped out of the bus to a roaring crowd. I shifted my glance nervously but managed to smile.

Marc-Andre came up behind me and touched my elbow softly, leading me. I jumped at his sudden touch. 
He laughed. "Jumpy much?" He asked softly. I blushed and picked up my pace.
Sidney was already being bombarded by our family, and Mario's family. (He was the first in the door.)

The rest of us piled into the entry-way of Mario's "mansion". There was a lot of chatter and a lot of excitement; it filled the room. Everyone was surrounding the Cup. It really was a beauty to behold.

I was immediately attacked by my family. Lots of hugging and kissing. (And even more squishing.)

"Oh I am so proud of you!" My mother said to Sidney and me. I patted her back and tried to ease from her grasp, I couldn't breathe too well.

"Thanks mom." Sidney and I said together, as I finally was able to pull away from her.

Our father clasped Sid's shoulder with a nod. "I wish we could stay for this party, but we have to head home." He said. I nodded and Sidney smiled.

"We will be home in a week or so anyways. After the parade here." Sid replied.

Taylor came up from behind me and hugged me tightly. I hugged my little sister back. "You guys are so awesome!" She said to us.

I smiled at her. "Nah, we are just what we are." I said jokingly to her. She smiled at me as our parents beckoned for her.

"Bye!" They all chimed in, before leaving with the Lemieux family. 
I shook my head and followed Sid out into the pool house. There were people everywhere. It wasn't chaotic, but it was crowded. 
I looked around and noticed that Sidney has disappeared into the crowd.

I sighed and noticed that Max was in the pool... With the Cup..... Yes, the Cup was in the pool.

I decided to go over and I threw off my shoes. I plopped down on the edge of the pool and slipped my feet into the water.

Max spotted me and swam over, his usual cocky, silly grin was plastered on his face.
"What are you doing by yourself, Princess?" He asked me.
I couldn't help but smile at my nickname the team gave me. 
"Sidney disappeared amongst the mass of people. And I don't really feel like being surrounded by a big group of people. And you seem to keep the people away." I said to him, a goofy smirk on my face; even though the last part was a joke.

Max laughed as he found it amusing. "Well done, Princess. I have taught you the meaning of jokes well." He said playfully.

I rolled my eyes at me. "Oh, please. You didn't teach me anything. I grew up with Sidney, I learned all the great stuff from him." I smiled.

He clapped. "Very well said." Was all he said before disappearing under the water.

As soon as he left I heard someone clear their throat beside me. I turned my head and saw someone standing there.

A teenage girl was standing shyly. "Yes?" I asked her, curious.

She shifted uncomfortably. "Umm, Sierra. May I... uhhh..." She trailed off and I smiled at her.

"Yes, of course." I said to her, holding out my hand to the jersey that sported my number on it. 

She beamed at me and handed her jersey to me, along with a silver permanent marker to go onto the black.

I signed it and handed it back to her. "What's your name?" I asked her, before letting go of the jersey.

"My name... is uhh Brit." She said, still fairly shy.

I let go of the jersey and held out my hand to her. "Well, it is nice to meet you Brit." I said as she took my hand and we shook hands.

"It's amazing to meet you!" She exclaimed and I laughed. She looked at me, her face slightly more serious then it was. "I mean it. You really inspire me. You are the first and only female in the NHL. And that just proves to me that if you put your mind to something, you can do anything." 

I looked shocked, and smiled. "Well, I'm glad I can inspire you. But for the 'putting your mind to something', I think that generates more to my brother." I told her. "But thank you, for letting me inspire you."

She smiled and was about to say more, but someone called her away. I said goodbye to her and turned back to the pool.

I closed my eyes and weave my feet in and out of the water. I heard footsteps behind me and I opened my eyes, to see that a shadow covered me.

I turned around to see Marc-Andre and Sidney standing there. Sid had a slightly devious look on his face.

I looked between them both. "What?" I asked them as Sidney started to reach for me.

I realized then what was going on. I quickly jumped to my feet and tried to run away. "Oh no!" I shrieked, just as Sid grabbed a hold of my arm. 
I struggled against him, but he pulled me into a hug. I felt someone take my phone out of my pocket and I tried to squirm out of Sidney's grasp. I managed to squeeze from his grip, but as soon as I was released, Marc-Andre grabbed my good wrist.

I gave them both pissed looks as they hoisted me into the air. There was no use in fighting now, I was done for.

They swung me in the air and released as I was pointed to the pool. They let go...just as I grabbed a hold onto Marc's shirt.

I tumbled into the pool, feeling weight on top of me. I quickly got from underneath the weight and swam to the surface.

I broke the surface to hear Sidney laughing his head off. I shook my head as Marc-Andre broke the surface for himself. He started to laugh too and swam to the edge of the pool. He pulled himself up and sat on the edge, ringing out his shirt. 
"I didn't think you could actually pull me in." He said, still chuckling.

I swam over and Sidney finally was able to control his laughter.
I tried to pull myself up, but I cringed at the weight on my wrist. I looked up at the guys. Marc held out his hand and I took it as Sidney grabbed my arm. 
They hoisted me out of the water and I shook like a dog. "Well, that was refreshing." I said, half sarcastically.
I glared at Sidney. 
My brother only smiled at my before kissing the top of my head. "It was too hard to resist." He chuckled as Marc-Andre agreed. 
I rolled my eyes and went over to a beach chair and reclined in it. "I think I'll just dry off here." I said.

Sidney perched at the edge of it and I placed my feet on his back. I saw Marc-Andre sitting next to us from the corner of my eye. I could see him looking at me.
I glanced over at him with a questioning look. He only shook his head before reclining back himself. 
I blinked and looked up at the sky, thinking. I felt strange, and confused. And I wasn't sure why.