Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

The Children's Hospital

December 5th, Pens vs Hawks:
In my opinion, this was the greatest game of the season, because the Blackhawks used to be one of my favorite teams, and I can't play because of my healing wrist.
I missed last year's game as well, because I was suffereing from the flu. Sidney had to sit out tonight as well, with a groin issue, the exact same issue as last year when the Hawks and Pens faced each other.
In an interview after our practice, Sid joked around saying that the Blackhawks probably think that the Crosby Twins have a Blackhawk fever; since we are missing the game two years in a row.
After interviewing with Sidney, I was asked about the Blackhawk fever as well. I laughed about it and said some things just can't be helped.
But to be honest, I was upset about not being able to face the Blackhawks, especially since I was friends with a few of the players. Marc-Andre said he'd give them my regards, and I just laughed at him.
I sat on the bench with my team during the game, as I do with every game. I cheered them on and started laughing when Patrick Kane skated by and winked at me. Jordan wanted to punch him, and I found that amusing.
The game was back and forth, and it seemed like it was never ending. At the very end, it seemed like the Blackhawks would win then and there, until Jordan got a goal in. I think he did it as a sort of backfire for Kane.
The game went into overtime, and I was biting my nails. I whispered to Geno about Jonathan Toews' skating style, and Geno took that into heart.
But it wasn't enough. Tonight just was not our night. The Blackhawks were able to sneak one in past Marc-Andre. The guys were frustrated as they headed to the dressing room. I waited until Marc-Andre came up, and I whispered in his ear.
I took off his helmet, and kissed him gently. "You did great out there." I said to him, and I heard the crowd 'awww' as I kissed him.
He smiled a bit at me, as we headed down to the dressing room together. I stayed outside to leave them be.
Jenna texted me with a frowney face. But everyone had to admit, even though we lost, it was a great game. Both teams played extremely well.
I was sitting on the bench outside the locker room when a shadow came over me. I looked up and saw Toews, Kane, and Sharp standing there. "We're sorry you couldn't play against us, we were quite looking forward to it." Toews said and I smiled.
"Yeah, and we are even more sorry about your wrist, I hope it gets better soon." Patrick Sharp said.
I nodded. "It should be, I'm supposed to get the cast off in a week or two. I said to them and they nodded. I looked at Kane. "You might want to leave before Jordan comes out; he wants to kick your ass." I said, laughing at Kane's shocked and nervous expression over to the locker room.
"Well, we just wanted to say hi and such." Jonathan said and I nodded. "Give everyone our regards." He said, starting to walk away.
Kane shifted uncomfortably and quickly followed behind Toews. Sharp stayed behind.
I stood up as the locker room door opened and Sidney walked out. He looked at Sharp with a shocked expression.
Patrick Sharp smiled and walked over, shaking hands with my brother, who was clearly confused. "I wish you could have played man, and I hope that next year I can finally have a chance to go up against you." Sharp said with a smile, which made me chuckle under my breath.
Sidney finally relaxed and returned Sharp's smile. "I hope so too. You guys are a great young team, a lot like us. I think it would be fun to go up against you."
I piped in. "Today, I saw that they were comparing our styles of playing, and they are quite similar."
The two guys nodded in agreement, just as everyone was starting to come out of the dressing room. "I should be off, before my teammates hunt me down." Sharp said with a joking smile.
Jordan walked out with Marc-Andre and when he spotted Sharp, we walked over. "Tell Kane that next time he does something like that, Sierra won't be able to hold me back." He growled and Sharp had no idea what he was talking about, but nodded and said he would pass the message on.
Marc-Andre pulled me to my feet, and I rested against him, my head on his chest. We said goodbye to Sharp as he walked away.
"He's a good guy." Marc-Andre said and I nodded in agreement.
"But no where near as good as you." I said. That really made him smile.
We walked out together, heading towards his car. In a few days, we would make a load of children happy, because we were going to visit a childrens' hospital.

December 8th:
Every single one of us on the Penguins team traveled to a local childrens' hospital to pass out gifts to the poor children, as well as just to see and spend time with them.
Visiting the childrens hospital has become a tradition amongst the Penguins. And I love coming, even though I tend to get very emotional.
We all wore our Santa hats, and teamed up to go in groups around the hospital. I teamed up with Marc-Andre and Brent, not just because I am dating Marc-Andre, but because they were going through the tougher part of the trips in the hospital- the intensive care unit.
The three of us traveled through the intensive care unit. I walked hand in hand with Marc-Andre and I enjoyed seeing the childrens' faces light up when they saw us.
I could tell how happy we made them, especially the older children who knew who we were. We took picture with them, and signed some autographs. One little girl wanted a picture of just me and Marc-Andre together. She said she looked up to us as a couple, and hoped that if she made it out of the hospital, she wanted a relationship like ours. When she said that, I started to cry.
The young girl apologized to me, but I told her not to. Marc-Andre wrapped his arms around me as I talked with her, wiping the tears from my eyes.
I was reluctant to leave this girl, who I learned was named Susan. I gave her my email and told her to message me whenever she wanted. Susan was grateful, and we left her be.
Marc-Andre kept his arm around me as we traveled through the halls. He wiped a tear from the corner of my eye. "Are you going to be alright?" He asked me and I nodded.
"Why do these children have to suffer like this?" I choked out, starting to cry once again.
Brent turned around and placed his hand on my shoulder as Marc-Andre hugged me silently for a few moments. His hand rubbed my back softly as I composed myself once again.
I sniffed and pulled away from Marc-Andre, the tips of his fingers wiping my eyes. Brent still had his hand on my shoulder. "Are you going to be ok, hun?" He asked me.
Brent sometimes treated me like I was his daughter, although that would be a little creepy considering he is only ten years my elder.
I nodded. "I'm ok." I finally said, resting against Marc-Andre as we headed to the playroom that was named after Mario's son, Austin.
In Austin's playroom, all of us gathered around to play with the children who were there. I looked in a mirror nearby and saw the red in my eyes. I chuckled at myself.
I saw Jordan and Mike were having a puzzle contest, and I could see Jordan was struggling a bit. I left Marc-Andre's side and went over, noticing that Billy was telling one of the kids named Steven that Jordan could use some help.
I went over and leaned over Jordan, putting a piece together, laughing at his facial expressions. I beckoned for Steven to come over. "Make sure Jordan's head doesn't explode from thinking to hard." I whispered to the boy, who laughed at my comment.
I stood up and saw Geno playing the Wii with a boy. It was his first time playing the game, which was bowling, and the boy, Kasey, showed him how to play. Evgeni quickly got the hang of it, and ended up beating Kasey. But Kasey was too happy to be able to play with Geno to even care.
I saw Sidney and walked over to him. "This is a great place." He whispered and I nodded. He looked at me. "You were crying." It wasn't a question.
I laughed dryly and nodded, resting my head on his shoulder.
It was time to leave, and all the children were sad to see us go. We wished them a Merry Christmas and we headed towards Marc-Andre's car.
I climbed in the backseat as Marc-Andre and Sidney sat up front. I waved to Jordan and Martin, who came together and were parked right next to us.
I rested my head against the window as Marc-Andre drove and the two guys talked. Sidney's voice snapped through my day dreams. "Are you coming home, or going over?" He asked.
I looked at my brother. "I think I would like to go over, if that's ok with you." I said, aiming my question to Marc-Andre.
Marc looked in his rearview mirror and smiled. "Of course it is ok with me." He said warmly, and that made me smile.
Sidney nodded. "Do you want me to grab any of your things?" He asked.
I shook my head as we pulled up to Mario's house. "No, I've kept things at his house." I said and Sid nodded, hopping out of the car. I climbed into the front seat and said goodnight to Sid, before leaving to go to Marc-Andre's apartment.
We drove in silence, except for the radio, and I kept my eyes glued out the window. When we pulled up to the house, I hopped out of the cat and shivered against the cold night air. Marc-Andre wrapped his arm around me and I leaned into him, enjoying his warmth.
We headed up to his door and I immediately headed towards his bedroom.
Since about mid October, I started to keep some of my things here. A few pair of clothes, pajamas, toothbrush, brush, deoderant, et cetra. I started to do it as Marc-Andre and I became more serious, and I started to stay over at his place for the night.
And I'm pretty sure Sidney and Jenna enjoyed it, because it meant they had their own alone time.
I put on my pajamas and headed out of Marc-Andre's room, and saw him taking something out of the microwave.
He looked over at me and smiled as I walked towards him, taking a piece of pizza that he heated up. I sat on the couch, eating my pizza as he sat close to me. He wiped a strand of my hair from my face. "Are you sure you are alright?" He said to me in French.
I nodded and snuggled against him, finishing my piece of pizza, and placing my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. "I just want to be held." I said quietly, immediatly feeling Marc's arms around me.
He lifted me into his lap and I rested against him as he stroked my arm with one of his hands.
I closed my eyes and drifted off in his comforting arms.