Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

I Love You

December 10th:
Today was the day I have been waiting for for such a long time. Today, the retched cast is coming off, once and for all.
Sadly, I was all alone because all of the guys had to head to Montreal for their game and Jenna was attending something for her school.
The nurse had prepared everything to take the cast off, and we waited for the Doc to come in.
"I hope your guys win tonight." She said to me softly.
I looked at her curiously. "They will." I said in a cheery voice. "They promised me." We both smiled at each other, since we knew what happened the last time they promised me that they would win for me.
Doc finally made an appearence, and got straight to work. He removed the cast and the cold blast of air that touched my now free arm sent shivers down my spine.
He examined my arm, touching the all of where the incision took place, and the place where the now metal part held. I felt no pain, although I was afraid to look at the scar.
Doc nodded in approvement. "This is excellent. I have never had anyone heal as well as you have." He said in awe.
I gave a dry laugh. "Well, I sure hope that means tides have changed for me." I said, making the three of us in the room chuckle.
Doc cleared his throat. "Don't you think you should take a look?" I swallowed hard.
"You have a story you can tell to your kids when you are older when they ask." The nurse said, and that made me not want to look even more.
I heard Sidney's voice in the back of my mind saying, "Just look, Erra." So I sighed, and looked.
The scar was a purpleish color and it stretched from around the big bone of my wrist, came around to my wrist turned upside, and went down my arm, looking as it was almost along side of my vein. It was a huge scar, and fairly ugly too.
"The colouring will subdue as time goes on. It will look like a normal coloured scar in a matter of time." Doc said as I ran my fingers along it.
I thought about what Marc-Andre would think. Would he not care? Or would be find it repelling? I bit my lip, shaking my head at my doubts.
I thanked the doctor and headed out the door, calling Marylene again to come pick me up.
I waited outside, calling Marc-Andre to tell him the deed was done. But I got his voicemail, so I left a message. They had to have been at practice.
Marylene pulled up and I hopped in. She was eager to see my arm so I showed her. For some reason, she was in awe at it. I just shrugged.
She dropped my off at Marc's place, since my car was parked there, and I headed to my car. Since the Penguins wouldn't be home till very late tonight, after the game, I decided to go shopping.
First, I stopped at Mario's place to pick up some more of my things to keep at Marc-Andre's, and then I headed out to get some groceries.
I was in the middle of the checkout line when Marc-Andre called me back. I smiled as I told him the story, and he was estatic. He told Bylsma and I could hear the team in the background whooping for me.
I laughed at them and said that I had to go. I wished all of the guys goodluck and that I would be waiting for Marc-Andre when he came home.
We hung up and I paid for all the groceries when Jenna texted me. Erra, I'm stuch here at the school meeting. Can you please pick me up? I sighed and told her I would be there in a few.
I headed back to Marc's place first, quickly putting away the groceries and picking up my keys again to go pick up Jenna.
I arrive at the school and she was sitting on the curb. I honked at her, which scared her to death, and she raced over and got in the car. "Thank you so much." She said to me.
I nodded to her and started to head back to Mario's place. "No problem." I said, noticing from the corner of my eye that she was staring at my wrist. "I'll show you back at home." I said to her and she nodded.
When back at home, or Mario's place, I showed Jenna my wrist and she examined it over. "That is quite the nasty scar though, Er Bear." She said, making my laugh at the nickname she hasn't called me since high school.
"It is quite nasty isn't it. But the important thing is that my wrist is healed. All I need to do is strengthen it up, and I can play. Doc said I can hit the ice, as a no contact." I explained.
Jenna nodded and grabbed herself a drink, her dark eyes searching me. "How is it you have kept up with your endurance?" She asked me. "You haven't even been allowed on the ice."
I grinned at her. "Why, excercise equipment of course." I said, pointing to the stupid stationary bike that sat in the corner.
Both Jenna and I laughed at it. "Seriously though, that along with sprinting whenever I could." I said, thinking of mine and Sid's before game ritual, sprinting outside the locker room.
Jenna yawned and stretched out. "The game should be on soon. Want to stay and watch it with me?" She asked.
"Well, duh!" I said, smiling at her as I got up to make some popcorn.
"Are you going over to Marc-Andre's tonight?" Jenna called from the living room as I fixed up some lemonade and grabbed a big bowl to put the popcorn in.
"Yes, I am. Since they are coming home tonight instead of tomorrow, I thought I'd stay over there." I said, coming back into the living room and handing her a drink as I plopped myself next to her on the couch, looking at the tv.
"That is weird that they are coming home tonight." She said through a mouthful of popcorn as the game started to come on.
I shrugged. "I think they just want to be here so they can get practice in tomorrow." I replied.
Jenna leaned back and turned up the volume. "Yeah, maybe." She said, as we both glued our eyes to the tv.
The game was fantastic. Jenna and I cheered through the whole game, and yelled at the refs for stupid calls. Jenna and I were so into the game, we didn't even notice that we spilt some popcorn onto the ground.
My team ended up winning 3-2 against Montreal, and once again, they kept their promise to me to win. Jenna and I danced together, laughing and cheering.
Sidney didn't get any points in this game, but that didn't matter since they won.
I left Marc-Andre and Sidney a text and then looked at my watch. It was just past nine. "I should probably head over to Marc's." I said, picking up pieces of popcorn that we dropped.
"Awww, ok." She said, heading into the kitchen. "I have a feeling you will be at practice tomorrow, already." She said with a cooky grin.
I returned that grin as I grabbed my jacket and keys. "You better believe it, Jenna." I said and we both laughed.
We hugged and I started to head out the door. "It was nice to have some girl time." Jenna said with a smile.
I turned to look at her, returning her smile. "Yeah, it was great. I miss our girl times."
Jenna nodded. "We are both so busy, it's hard." She said quietly and waved to me as I got in my car.
"Talk to you later, Jen!" I called as I started to head down the street to Marc-Andre's place.
I parked my car and headed up to his place, grabbing my key and entering the house. I picked up a letter that was slipped through the bottom of the door and turned on the lights in the living room, and then heading into the bedroom.
I opened the letter as I threw my stuff down onto the bed and turned on the lights. It was a notice about a break in down on the street. I sighed and placed it on the side table for Marc-Andre when he came home.
I changed into my pajamas, happy to be free from my bra, and heading back into the living room to curl up on the couch, watching TV, and wait for Marc-Andre to get home.
I kept tracing my finger along the huge scar, lost in thought. At one point, I decided to lie down and I drifted off.
I woke up to a click from the door unlocking and wiped my eyes to see Marc-Andre coming in, looking very tired.
He turned and saw me watching him, and jumped in surprise. "I thought you were asleep." He said softly, a smile spreading across his face.
I shook my head and rubbed my sleepy eyes. "I was asleep. I woke up to the door unlocking." I mumbled to him as he walked over to me.
He hugged me and kissed me softly. "I'm glad you are here to welcome me home." He said in French, and I smiled at him.
"Anytime." I said, kissing him again. When he pulled away, I said, "That was a great game. You made some beautiful saves."
Marc-Andre's smile became even more profound. "Why thank you, my darling." He said, again in French.
"May we go to bed now?" I said yawning, which made him chuckle.
"Of course." He said, placing his arm under my legs and lifting me into his strong arms. I squeaked in surprise and he laughed, kissing me forehead as he led me to the bed.
Marc-Andre set me on the bed and disappeared to get changed into nightwear. I slid under the covers and shivered at their coldness. When he came back I said, "You need to get fleece blankets."
Marc-Andre laughed and I noticed he was holding something behind his back. My eyebrows perked at him as he slid into bed next to me. He placed whatever it was on the sidetable and I tried to look, but he wouldn't allow me.
"Not right now." He said and I sighed as he pulled my body against him.
I snuggled against him, my head resting on his arm as he wrapped his other arm around me. "I would like to see your wrist tomorrow." He whispered in my ear.
I looked up into his beautiful, dark brown eyes. "You know you will." I said to him.
Marc-Andre smiled and turned out the light. I rested against him and he kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes and took in his scent, which smelt oddly like strawberries. "You used my shampoo again." I mumbled against his chest.
Marc's bodyshook as he chuckled. "I did. I hope you don't mind." He said, going back to stroking my arm with his hand.
I shifted my position to be closer to him and yawned. "Of course I don't mind." Even in the darkness, I knew Marc-Andre was smiling.
"Sierra?" He said quietly, his voice shook as if he was nervous.
"Mmm?" I answered, really wanting to just fall asleep.
I felt Marc's lips close to my forehead. "I have something I would like to tell you." He said.
"Mmhmm?" I replied, my heart picking up speed for some unknown reason.
I felt Marc-Andre reached over to the sidetable where the thing he was hiding from me stood. I sat up, giving him a curious look in the darkness. He turned on the dimmer of the lights, and sat up with me.
He brought his hand gently up to me cheek, and stroked my cheek softly. I enjoyed his touch, but the curious look that I held didn't waiver.
"We have become so close since we first met each other, and when we decided to date." Marc-Andre started. I scanned his eyes, feeling my heart beat faster within my chest. "I can trust you with every secret I have," I chuckled cause he doesn't like to have secrets, so he doesn't hold too many. "And I feel like you are my best friend." He continued on.
I bit my lip as I stared at him. "I really love when you stay over here." He cleared his throat. He was clearly nervous, which made me nervous as well. He continued this speech is French. "It makes me feel extremely happy, and it fills my heart to know you want to be here next to me, even in depths of our dreams." My heart was hammering in my chest.
I reached up and tucked Marc-Andre's hair behind his ear as he continued. He continued on, still in French. I knew it was easier for him that way. "I'm not saying this like I wanted too, but I don't know how else to say this." He said, laughing nervously. "But, I have come to want to be with you all the time. I want to always make you happy and make you smile, because you have the brightest smile I have ever seen." He smiled at me, and I thought how he has the brightest smile. Marc-Andre shifted nervously and grabbed the little trinket box he held and placed it in my hands.
I looked up at him and he nodded to me, indicating that I could open it. As I opened it, revealing the most beautiful sterling silver heart necklace I have ever seen in my life, Marc-Andre said, "Sierra Crosby, I am in love you. I am more in love with you than I could ever think was possible."
My jaw dropped, and I held the trinket box that held the necklace close to my heart, which was beating too fast. I tried to speak but I couldn't find my voice. Marc-Andre studied me and just as he was about to speak again, I placed my finger to his lips. "Marc, I am in love with you too." I said quietly, suprise and joy sparking in his eyes. "I have loved you for a long time, I just didn't know how to tell you." I whispered, his hand coming up and stroking my cheek. I spoke the rest in French, although my grammer was a tad off since it isn't my forte of a language. "You make me feel like I am the happiest girl alive. You gave me the confidence that I now have. I feel like I can do anything I was, in a good way." That made him chuckle. I looked up into his eyes, feeling as shy as the day when we became a couple. "I love you, Marc-Andre Fleury."
Marc-Andre pulled me close to him and kissed me, softly but filled with the love he had admitted.
He pulled away from me and grabbed the necklace box. He took it out and opened it up, revieling that it was a heart shaped locket, and a picture of me and him together, laughing while at Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia, as a huge wave crashed against the rocks we stood on.
I gasped and he smiled, putting the necklace around my neck. I touched the locket, as it rested perfectly just blow my collar bone. "I love it, Marc." I said as I turned back around to face him.
Marc-Andre glanced at the clock, which read a little past three, and smiled at me. "Shall we sleep now?" He said, in English.
I nodded and layed down, snuggled tightly against him, feeling happier than ever. My heart felt full and light with happiness. My shoulders felt the weight of holding my love for him a secret come off.
Just as I was fading off into a deep sleep, resting in the arms of the man I loved, Marc-Andre whispered into my ear. "I love you too, Sierra Crosby." And that is what I fell asleep too.