Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Welcome Back To The Ice

I went to practice the next day.
Although I wore a no contact jersey, being on the ice once again, actually skating, felt absolutely amazing. I skated around at first, just testing my skates, making figure skating movements.
Marc-Andre was stretching by the net, watching me as I twirled around at center ice. I was smiling, since I knew he was watching. I purposely jumped in the air and spun, just for him. He realized I knew he was watching, and laughed at me. I blew him an air kiss as I took the puck and started practicing, testing my wrist softly, and increasing the intensity until I knew it was enough for the first day.
I watched all of the guys, avoiding them as much as I could so I didn't get in the way. Sid seemed to keep himself near me, as if he was protecting me if the puck ended up coming towards me.
I skated back and forth, proud that none of my endurance had faded away in my months off the ice.
I watched as Letang tripped over Marc-Andre's stick, and I fell on the ice laughing, like a lot of the other players.
When the shootout came to play, I begged Dan to let me participate, just for fun. After all of the other guys ganged up on my side, he sighed and let me go.
I went last in the lineup, just because I knew I couldn't play my truest. I eventually took the ice against Brent, and he flashed me a smile as I shot the puck at him. He purposely lowered his hand, just an inch, that the puck bounced off the top of his glove and went in.
Coach and the team laughed as I starting cheering and laughing, mocking my fake success against our goaltender.
I headed to the locker room before all of the guys finished, and started to get out of all my hockey gear. I peeled off my wet jersey and my gear, and headed to the showers. (I have my own personal shower.)
I washed quickly, and fiddled with the locket Marc-Andre gave me. I promised to never take it off, and so far, I haven't.
I got changed hastily, and headed back to the locker room, to see all of the guys getting out of their hockey gear. I headed to my locker and picked up my cell phone, reading a text from Jenna.
I didn't understand it, so I just closed my phone and finished getting ready, grabbing all of my things.
Just as I was about to leave, Maxime grabbed my arm and forced my wrist to him and examined. "That is quite the scar." He said to me, looking into my eyes.
I pulled my arm from him. "Don't you know how to ask?" I mumbled.
I noticed how Max's shoulders dropped and I sighed. "I'm sorry." I said. "I guess it is just a sensitive spot right now."
Max nodded. "I don't blame you. But you should know, no matter how big that scar is, you are always beautiful."
I blinked in surprise as he turned and walked away. Max was a womanizer, even though he is a good guy. And the one thing I noticed while being around him for the last few years, is that there is always a tone in his voice when he makes compliments. I did hear that tone in his voice, which means he truly meant it.
I smiled softly and fingered my locket at my neck, and turned to leave. Max's comment just proved that he does have a soft side, a loving side.I had the keys so I was going to turn on and heat up the car, and wait for Sidney and Marc-Andre to come out.

December 15th, Penguins Vs Flyers:
I looked at my cell phone, waiting for Sidney and Marc-Andre to come out of their interviews. Little did I know, I was to be interviewed as well.
A young woman came up to me and started asking questions. I didn't like being singled out like this, but I smiled anyways. "This is a big game against the Flyers tonight, how do you guys prepare for it?" She asked me.
I bit my lip. "Believe it or not, we actually like to play against the Flyers. Especially at home." I replied to her. "It is a lot of fun, and preparing for the Flyers is no different than playing any other team."
She nodded. "Last time you faced each other, it as said that Letang got bitten on his finger. Do you think that could happen again?"
I laughed and shook my head. "I sure hope not!" I said, actually enjoying this. "That is very unsportsman like. I remember Kris coming to the bench going on about it. I thought it was crazy, and really unnecessary."
The reporter smiled. "Alright, now down to the question everyone wants answered, and Dan Bylsma will not answer." She paused and I knew what was coming next. "Will you be playing tonight?"
Score one for Sierra for being right. I smiled at her, Geno coming into the picture, talking to the camera. "She better." He said in his broken English as I laughed and pushed him away.
"Yes, I will be playing tonight." I said with a smile, the whole locker room roaring with cheers. "My arm feels amazing, and the Doctor said I was all clear. I'm definintely ready to get back on the roll of things. I miss playing."
She smiled. "Thank you, Miss. Crosby, for your time."
I nodded. "No problem." And she left me.
Dan, Marc-Andre, and Sidney came over. "We're glad you decided to play." Coach said approvingly. "We could sure use our best girl out there."
I laughed and stood up, Marc-Andre taking my hand and entwining our fingers. "I am your only girl out there, Dan." I said, and he smiled his response.
"Well, go home and rest up and eat. I'll see you three tonight." He said, walking away.
Marc-Andre pulled me against him, and kissed my lips gently. I smiled through the kiss. Sid placed his arm around my shoulder, and I was caught between my two men.
"I'm glad you are playing." My brother said to me, turning his hazel eyes onto my own.
I nodded and smiled. "I am too." My phone vibrated in my back pocket and I jumped. "My butt is vibrating." I stated, making the guys laugh as we headed to the cold car, stepping carefully over the snow.
Marc-Andre grabbed my phone from my pocket and I teased being mad at him. He just laughed. "Jenna is making the pasta today, it seems." I said, reading her text.
"Excellent." Sidney said, getting behind the wheel as I slid in behind the guys. "I love my girl's cooking."
I laughed. "She can make anything, except for noodles though, Sid." I said. He glared at me in his rearview mirror, but I could tell he was smiling. "It's true, the noodles are always over done."
Marc-Andre laughed. "That sounds like someone else I know." He said, looking back at me.
I narrowed my eyes and Sidney laughed so hard that he swerved slightly. "Careful, Sid. There is snow on the roads." I mumbled, my eyes locking onto Marc-Andre's. "And for your information, that happened only once! And that was because Billy kept bothering me."
Marc-Andre smiled at me. "I know, my love, I am only teasing you." I couldn't help but smile at him.
"You know," Sidney started to say, pulling into Mario's driveway. "It is really about time you told each other that you were in love with the other. The rest of us could clearly see it."
"Oh, shut up." I said to him as I got out of the car. Haha... if only you knew, Siddo.
He laughed at me and we went inside to go eat.
We ate the pasta Jenna made, which was only slightly over cooked, and Marc-Andre went to go take a nap in my room before the game.
I was too excited to sleep, so I stayed up with Jenna as Sidney had to run somewhere to do something.
We watched some strange movie that she picked out, and we both were very unimpressed and even grossed out by it. "Great pick..." I said, numb from it.
Jenna couldn't move either, she just nodded. "Yeah..." She replied and my phone vibrated, knocking my paralysis out of me.
"I gotta get him up." I said. "Sidney is coming home and we have to leave. You're coming right?" I asked her, heading down the hallway.
"Yup, of course I am. The Flyers are your cross town rivals. I can't miss it." Jenna replied, getting her things together.
I slowly opened my door to see Marc-Andre stretched out on my bed, Pen under his arm. I smiled and walked in, perching on the edge of my bed. I tucked a strand of his black hair behind his ear and leaned down and kissed him gently.
He made a moaning sound and spoke through our lips. "I know that touch." He said in French and I pulled away, smiling, as he opened his eyes.
"Time to get up, sleepy head."I said to him. "We have a game to get too." He yawned in reply and I pulled him to his feet.
He purposely fell against me, pushing me carefully into the wall that was behind me. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he held me close to him, and I kept my forehead along his collar bone. "I love you." He said quietly.
I smiled as I took in his scent, which smelled of pasta with a hint of the smell of his shampoo. "I love you too."
Marc-Andre pulled away, clasping our hands together, and walked down the hall, side by side. Sidney and Jenna were in the car already waiting.
I quickly grabbed my Penguins jacket and raced outside to get in the car. We drove to Mellon Arena, pumping ourselves up.
In the locker room, I got myself geared up and ready to go as fast as I could, ready to hit the ice. Gonch found it pretty amusing as I paced back and forth, waiting to go. "Calm down," He said. "You need to relax or your game will be affected." I nodded and settled down.
We finally hit the ice to a roaring crowd. Before the game had even started, a chant of my name echoed through the Mellon Arena. I smiled at their support.
I took the first face off of the game after the National Anthem was sung. I won the draw, and my first game back on the ice had begun.

The game was a bloody one, sporting three fights in sixteen seconds. You think I fool you? Look it up, it really happened. We don't fool around when we play the Flyers, not at all.
We won 6-1, and I had a goal and an assist within the game. I was so pumped up and happy, receiving player of the game. I thanked everyone for cheering me on when I was interviewed, and they cheered for me some more. The smile on my face was as big as possible.
When I finally went down to the locker room, Max came up to me first. "She is going to have a bigger ego than the rest of us here." He said as Marc-Andre and a group of the guys came over.
Marc placed his arm around me as I still grinned. "No, she knows how to keep herself down on Earth." He said with a smile, kissing me.
"Eww, get a room." Max said, walking away as Marc-Andre and I laughed.
We all got into our normal clothes, and decided to go out for dinner. Jenna came with.
We reserved at a great restaurant, and when we were all settled in for dinner, Sidney stood up and raised his glass. "I would like to propose a toast, to my twin sister." He said, and I felt myself blush as all of the Penguins team turned to look at me with smiles. Marc-Andre squeezed my hand under the table. "She is finally back to full health, and her first game back on the ice resulted in an amazing win against our cross town rivals, in which she posted a goal and an assist." Sidney's eyes bore into mine, a true sibling connected was formed. "Cheer to Sierra Crosby!" He said.
The Penguins raised their glasses. "Cheers to Sierra!" They all called, just as our food came. I laughed and thanked them all, especially Sidney, and we all ate our dinner, talking and rejoicing.