Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Movies, Cooking, and Fun

We arrived in Minnesota early on Monday. Sidney and I hadn't been here in a long time, and it felt great to be back in the Twin Cities again.
We were able to get situated at our hotel before we had to head out to practice. I was in a fairly good mood, and excited to practice.
I quickly suited up in my practice gear and was the first one out of the locker room. I walked to the rink and the Wilds were still out on the ice. I leaned against the glass and watched them. (Haha... I'm not assessing them, nope, not at all...)
I was watching so intently I didn't realize Marc-Andre walked up behind me. He wrapped his geared up arms around me awkwardly, kissing my neck. I chuckled and turned to face him. "How can you even do that? We are so poofed up." I asked him.
Of course, Marc-Andre smiled at me. He rarely stops smiling, and I love that about him so much. It's one of his best qualities. "I have my ways." He said with a joking tone, just as the Wilds started to pour off the ice.
They all looked at us, and I swear I could see an evil look in some of their eyes. I scoffed and rested my head on Marc's shoulder as the Zamboni took the ice. "I hate how arrogant they seem sometimes. We are supposed to get along off ice." I mumbled against my boyfriend.
Marc-Andre stroked my hair with an ungloved hand. "It's game day, and they were able to beat the Blackhawks, coming up from a 5-1 deficit till the third period." Marc-Andre said and I nodded.
The rest of team started to come from the locker room and we hit the ice. I stretched my muscles and saw Lovejoy making circles around me. "Can I help you, Ben?" I asked him and he suddenly stopped.
Ben smiled at me. He was just recalled since Brooks would be out for a game or a few with an injury. "Of course not, Erra. I'm just happy that I can finally play with you."
I raised and eyebrow at him. I totally forgot that the last time he was recalled, I was out with my wrist. "Alright, you're excused for being weird." I replied to him with a smile, before skating away and starting practice.
We did our usual exercises at first, and then switched to work on our powerplay, again. It is one area that obviously needs work, and we always are trying to improve on it.
At one point through practice, I started to dance on the ice. I had Sidney, Marc-Andre, and Jordan on their butts, laughing their heads off. Everyone else was able to stay on their feet. Even Coach was leaning heavily on his stick, laughing.
I think I loosened them up for the game tonight. My plan worked all too well.
Marc-Andre had to go to the bench during a good portion of the practice, but the smile on his face showed how much he truly didn't care.
I skated past him multiple times, blowing him an air kiss everytime. It seemed to make his smile ever more bigger.
After practice, Sidney and I decided that we wanted to check out that new Avatar movie. Well, to be honest, I was just begging him ever since it came out. It really isn't his type of movie, he even said so in an interview after practice. But he gave in, saying he would give it a try.
I offered Marc-Andre to come, but he said he would like to rest up before the game tonight, so I gave him a kiss and he went back to the hotel with most of the guys.
A few others came with Sidney and I to the movie, but it was mainly for me.
We got to the movie and Sidney payed for all of us, which kind of upset me because I wanted to pay for my own ticket. But hey, my brother is a generous guy.
I bought popcorn for me and Sidney and we went into the theater. There wasn't a whole lot of people here, but then again, it was a Monday afternoon.
We settled in the seat and Sidney and I started to munch of the popcorn as the other guys sat down too. "I'm excited." I whispered to Sidney as the movie started.
Sid chuckled and shook his head. "Yes, I know. Now just watch." He said and we watched.

I absolutely loved the movie. "Oh my God!" I shrieked as we headed to the mini bus that would take us back to the hotel. "That was the best movie I have ever seen!" I exclaimed, and all the guys laughed at me.
"Calm down, Sierra. You are going to explode or something." Sidney said with a chuckle.
I grinned wildly at him. "Oh come on, you know you liked it." I said to him. "Didn't the rest of you?" I asked the other guys.
They all nodded and Sid shrugged. "It was alright." He said simply.
I narrowed my eyes at him. "That's it?" I asked him.
Sidney smiled at me. "Yep. You know that isn't my type of movie." He said and I sighed.
"Oh, come on Sidney." I mumled at him as we pulled into the hotel parking lot. The movie theater and hotel weren't far a part at all. "The graphics were absolutely amazing! And it was all computer generated. It is completely amazing." I tried to reason with him.
We hopped off the bus and again, Sidney shrugged, his hazel eyes meeting my own. "I'll agree with you there, but it still isn't what I prefer as a movie."
I sighed and gave up. I knew his type of movie, and he was right, it isn't his type of movie. But Avatar was just so amazing that he has to like it!
"I did like it, Erra. It just isn't what I prefer." Sid said, reading my mind. We were able to do that at times, it's just the twin connection thing.
Sidney hit the button to the floor we were on. "Sometimes our connection is a little creepy." I said to Sidney as the elevator doors opened.
Sid chuckled and we headed to our room. "That is just the way we were." I smiled at him and slid the key card to open the door.
Marc-Andre was still asleep on the bed and I creeped around the room to make sure I didn't wake him. "How long do you think Brooks will be out?" I whispered.
Marc shifted in his sleep and I covered him with a blanket. "My guess would be only a couple games or so. He said it isn't that bad." Sidney replied and I nodded, tucking a strand of Marc-Andre's black hair behind his ear. I loved his hair when it was loose; not back in a hat or gelled back.
"Mkay." I replied to Sid. I looked over at him as he lounged back on his bed. "Should I make spaghetti?" I asked him, pointing to the mini kitchen in the room and the bag of materials needed.
Sid yawned and turned on the TV, making sure it was quiet enough so not to wake Marc. "Sure. I'm definitely up for some skabetti." Sidney said, mocking how I used to say spaghetti when I was little.
I tossed a pillow at him and he laughed at me. "Sorry, Erra. I just couldn't resist." He said.
I rolled my eyes and got up off of the bed and walked over to the mini kitchen, looking for two pots I could use for the noodles and sauce. "Whatever." I said to him as he chuckled again.
I found a respectable pot and put water in it, setting it on the stove to boil. Sidney shifted through the channels are I prepared the sauce for the spagetti.
I heard Marc-Andre yawn and I turned around to see him sitting up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "Why hello there sleepy head." I giggled at him as his eyes met mine.
Marc-Andre smiled hugely and got up and walked over to me, pulling me into his arms and holding my tightly, kissing my lips gently. "You are making spaghetti." He said with his lips still on mine.
I chuckled and pulled away, stirring the noodles within the pot. "Yes, I am." I said, feeling Marc-Andre wrap his arms around my waist again. "I take it that is what you want." I asked him.
Sidney belched and I rolled my eyes at him. "Excuse me." He said and I sighed.
"You have more manners than that." I scolded as Marc-Andre rumbled in laughter.
Sidney blinked shyly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." He said, and he truly meant it.
I shook my head. "And to answer your question, yes, that is what I would love." Marc-Andre said, stroking my scar with his finger.
I smiled, even though he couldn't see it. "Good, because I'm not making anything else." I said, and we both laughed.
Sidney poked his head in to look at the pasta. "Is it almost ready?" He asked, and I heard his stomach growl. Marc-Andre and I looked at him, blinking in unison. "I'm hungry..." He said, his voice trailing off as we all laughed.
"Yes, it is ready." I said, chuckling. I turned off the stove and grabbed the paper bowls. "Be careful. You might want to double up on the bowls so they wont tear and cause a mess."
The two guys nodded and eagerly went for the food. I waited for them to step back before I grabbed mine. We sat down at the edge of our beds and ate quickly; it was almost time to head out to the arena.
We finished and I placed the covers on the pots. We grabbed our bags and started to head downstairs to the bus. The majority of the Penguins were already there waiting.
Max and Cooke were trying to pump everyone up by being wild and obnoxious. You sort of just have to love them.
We piled on the bus and were hooting, shouting our cheer to get us pumped up.
We made it to the arena, still pumping each other up, and started to gear up in the locker room. Max started to crack stupid jokes that Jordan followed up on. We are a psycho bunch.
We were all ready to go and get this game on a roll, hoping for another great win. Even if it isn't a great win, as long as we win.
Everyone continued to shout and pump each other up, waiting eagerly to get out on that ice and prove what we are made of.