Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Shut Up, Sidney

I must have drifted off, for I woke up to a slight shake from Sidney. I opened my eyes and sat up quickly, almost headbutting him.
"Woops." I exclaimed, blinking away the sleep. Sidney stook up straight, smiling.
He shrugged. "It wouldn't have hurt me." He said, holding out his hand as I hauled myself up.
I mumbled at him. "Yeah, cause you are hard-headed." I grinned up at him. He grinned back. I yawned and followed him into Mario's house. "What's going on?" I asked him.
"The party ended, sister." I stuck my tongue out at his back. Yes, I can be fairly immature around him.
A few of the Penguins were messing around in the hallway of the guest's part of the house; the players that didn't have places of their own yet here in Pittsburgh.
The guys turned to look at us. "Hey, it's the Crosby twins." They chuckled and I raised a curious eyebrow at them, deciding it was best to not say anything.
Sidney started to talk with Kris and I stalked into my room, hopping over someone who was laying on the ground.
I closed the door to my room and rummaged around in my bag to find my pajamas. I pulled out my penguin stuffed animal with Sidney's number on it, (I did that) and I tossed him (the penguin, not my brother) onto my bed.
I quickly changed out of my clothes and tossed my pajamas on. I looked down at the Madagascar penguins on my pajamas and smiled slightly. I'm such a nerd.
I searched for my toothbrush and pulled it out. I opened my door and saw Max being my own personal doormat. "Why thank you." I said, stepping on his chest to get over him. He moaned and opened his eyes as I looked back at him with my mischevious smile.
I walked into the bathroom and started to brush my teeth. I heard a crash outside and peeked out. I could see two of the guys wrestling. I couldn't tell who they were. I heard Sidney growl an order at them and I blinked as he walked, well more like stalked, towards me. His hazel eyes bore into mine and I gave him a questioning look, which he answered with a shake of his head.
I shrugged and turned back into the bathroom. I listened as Sidney closed his door and glanced back out. No one was around, even Max seemed to have disappeared. I came out of the bathroom and tapped the door two times. Sidney opened the door and I slipped through.
I looked at him, and the Stanley Cup that set near his bed. "What's wrong?" I asked him.
He shrugged and tossed his hat onto his bag. "What makes you think something is wrong?" He asked me. I gave him a dubious look.
"Are you kidding me?" I asked him.
He turned back to look at me and smiled. "Yes, yes I am." I threw a punch at him and he laughed. "I just want to get home." He said quietly.
I cocked my head to the side at him and plopped myself down to the side of his bed. "I know what you mean. I want to go home too." I hesitated slightly; a normal person wouldn't have noticed. But Sidney sure did.
"But?" He asked, situating himself next to me.
I tried to give him a shocked look. "But?" I asked, failing to sound incredulous. I signed. "But, I don't know." I answered honestly.
Sidney threw a pillow at me. "Hey!" I exclaimed, throwing it back.
He smiled. "Going to miss everyone?" He asked me. I shrugged, and he continued on. "Or a specific someone?" He asked.
I shot him a look. "What are you getting at?" I asked him, not sure on how else to answer him.
He only looked at me. "I'm not getting at anything, Erra. I'm just shooting out ideas. I wouldn't be surprised if there was somone you liked amoung the team. You ARE surrounded by a bunch of guys all the time. But, you do know, I'd have to approve." His look became very serious, and I laughed at him.
"Oh yes, big amazing brother of mine. You will always get a say in who I like." I grinned at him, but then I sighed again. "I just don't know Sid." I said quietly.
Sidney lounged back. "Well, who is it that you don't know about?" He asked, genuinly curious.
I looked back at him. "Like I'd tell you!" I mumbled to him.
Sidney just kept looking at me. "I think you should tell me." He replied. "I will find out anyways, I can sense it out of you." I shot him a look which he waved away. "Sierra..."
I interupted him. "No Sid. I'll tell you when I figure it out myself. I'm a big girl now. I have to start to learn to take care of myself, and figure things out myself. I always come to my 'big brother'. But it's time I try." I said to him, our hazel eyes locked together.
And then he smiled. "You make me sound like I'm years older then you, instead of minutes."
I shrugged. "You are my older brother. You always will be." I said back.
A knock came at the door and we both looked up. I slid off the bed and answered it. Kris stood there. "May I talk to The Kid?" He asked.
I nodded and stepped out of the way as he came in. "I'm heading to bed then. Goodnight, Sid." I said to him, waving goodnight and smiling at Kris.
I heard Sid say goodnight as I turned into my room. I closed the door and put on my glasses. I slid into bed with a book and propped Pen (my stuffed penguin) up next to me.
I was starting to drift off to sleep when a soft knock came to my door. I put my book down and crawled out of bed. I opened the door sleepily. "What?" I grumbled.
Evgeni stood there, a very evil look on his russian face. He put his finger to his lips and pointed to my phone, which was plugged into the wall. I silently did as I was told, clearly confused, and grabbed my phone. I followed Evgeni.
There were a couple of guys outside of Sidney's door. They all glanced at me as I stopped. I gave them all looks and they tried hard not to laugh. Max waved me to squeeze in and I looked into my brother's room.
There, lost in a deep sleep, was my brother, now famous hockey superstar.... sleeping with the Stanley Cup. I blinked and bit my bottom lip to keep from smiling. He looked too cute, and young. He looked alot like he did when we were younger.
Evgeni nudged me and I opened my phone. I took a picture of him and I started to smile.
He was laying on his back, his hat coming off his head, with his right arm stretched out. And the Stanley Cup was on its side, on Sidney's outstretched arm.
I heard the guys around me laughing and I grabbed the door knob to Sid's door and started to close it, turning to face the guys. "Back to bed, all of you." I whispered to them, quietly closing the door.
They all looked sad and I shooed them away. I made sure they were all gone before I headed back to bed.
I closed the door and plugged my phone back in. I slid back into my bed and snuggled with Pen. I closed my eyes and started to drift off. The last thing I can remember thinking about, was Marc-Andre.