Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Blackhawk Surprise

Well, as a lover's instincts are always right, it turns out that Marc-Andre's finger is broken. I, of course, freaked out and went into ultimate worried mode which amused everyone. And I do mean everyone.
I forced Marc-Andre to stay at the hotel with me, since I was a healthy scratch for the game. We were curled up on the love seat while watching the game, shouting and cheering at the TV. Brooks was with us in the beginning, but I think we scared him away with our lovey doveyness.
I threw my popcorn that I had at the TV when both Max and Geno got penalty's at the same time for roughing. Men and their testosterone really pisses me off sometimes. Although, Marc-Andre was enjoying it, of course.
We both were exhausted by the time the game ended though, since it was around one in the morning our time in Pittsburgh. We ended up curling up in bed together to watch the rest of the game.
I drifted off to sleep at one point, still able to feel Marc-Andre's soft caress on my arm.
I woke up at the very end, to see the score of 6-2 Canucks. I sighed in disappointment and pouted as I nuzzled my face against Marc-Andre's neck.

"Well that sucked. And I suppose that means we are heading back home tonight." I mumbled, wiping the sleep from my eyes.
Marc-Andre kissed my forehead. I could feel the disappointment dripping off of him from not being able to play tonight. He hasn't been able to play in Vancouver since his first NHL year, in 2003. "Yes, we should probably get packed up." He said.
I entwined my fingers with his on his good hand. "I am already packed, though." I said, mumbling into his neck.
Marc chuckled. "What about all of your stuff in the bathroom." He asked, giving my hand a soft squeeze.
I nodded and sat up in the bed, blinking. I sighed and headed to the bathroom to grab all of my things.
The guys arrived not too long after the game had ended, and we all grabbed our bags to head back home. We msot likely won't make it into Pittsburgh until six, maybe. It was going to be a long night.

A lot of us just crashed at Mario's place when we arrived home. The guys who have children, like Billy, went home, but the rest of us were too tired to go to our respective houses. Jenna, Sidney, Marc-Andre, and I all shared one room while the other guys crowded in rooms of their own.
Marc-Andre and I slept on the floor in a sleeping bag since it was Sidney's room. It was actually more comfortable than you think, but that could just be for us hockey players who have bad backs.
The four of us didn't get up till about two in the afternoon...and we were the first ones up.
I moaned against Marc-Andre as Sidney got up and left the room, Jenna soon following after him. Eventually he got me up and we walked into the kitchen.
"I refuse to cook." I mumbled as Jenna grabbed the eggs. "There is no way that is enough to feed all the guys we are housing." I said, making her look at the eggs and laugh.
"Lets just order something." Sidney said, grabbing the phonebook to see where there could be breakfast that can be delivered.
I collapsed on the couch and Marc-Andre placed his body gently on mine. "You're heavy." I joked, making him smile and kiss my head.
The Russians came out from the same room, and the new kid, Alexander, looked around at us nervously. I smiled gently at him, indicating for him to sit where he wanted. He speaks not one word of English, and he replaced Curry last night after he allowed three goals in a matter of minutes.
Evgeni nudged the poor kid and he sat down, looking so nervous I felt bad for him. "He's freaked out." Evgeni said and I nodded; it was more than obvious.
I pushed against Marc-Andre's shoulders gently so he would get off of me, and I sat up. Alexander watched me closely and I smiled, getting up to grab the donuts that sat on the counter.
I sat across from him as Geno made a grab for a donut. I smacked his hand and he pouted. "Ouch." He said.
"Not for you." I said to him, and looked back at Alexander. I offered him the box of donuts and he looked from the box to me twice. I nodded my head and he took one hesitantly, as if expecting me to smack his hand like I did Evgeni's.
Geno said something in Russian to him as he bit into the donut. "You better not be talking about me." I warned him as he smiled a not so innocent smile.
I rolled my eyes and got up, heading back to the kitchen. "Food is on the way." Sidney said and I nodded. "The kid looks like he is afraid of us."
I looked at Sidney as Marc-Andre had a conversation with Alexander through Geno. "He is scared. He can't understand anything we are saying. For all he knows, we could be saying terrible things." I said and Sid nodded.
Jenna leaned against the counter. "I feel bad for him. He shouldn't be so scared. We don't bite." We chuckled. "Ok, most of the time." She added, making the three of us laugh even more.
By the time breakfast came, all of the guys were up and they devoured the food like they were ten feet tall. Seriously, Jenna and I barely had anything to eat. We ended up picking off of our men's plates.
After breakfast, which was around three in the afternoon, most of the guys decided to go home. Only Marc-Andre, myself, Jordan, Max, and obviously my brother and Jenna stayed behind. We decided that later that night, we would head over to a chinese food place for dinner.
We slowly got ready and played a few games of pool before heading out. We tried to pile into Sidney's car, but it didn't go so well. I was sitting on Marc-Andre's lap for the ride.
We arrived at the chinese place and I ran in to grab a table. Even though we ate just three hours later, we wanted to just chat as well.
I was waiting for everyone else to come in when I heard my name from behind me. I turned around to see Niklas Hjalmarsson standing there, head cocked to the side.
I blinked, completely confused on why he was here. The guys and Jenna entered the door behind me, and they were all taken aback as well. "Niklas?" Sidney asked and Jonathan Toews ran up behind Niklas.
"Hey, guys!" Jonathan said as all of our jaws dropped in shock.
"Uhh, hi." Jordan said.
Max shook his head. "How many of you are here, and why are you here?" He asked, the only one who could actually speak correctly.
Yet another Blackhawk appeared, Kris Versteeg. "We were stopping by for a Flyers game, and decided to come here for dinner because we were told that they have great food." He said, looking over us all.
The six of us all nodded in unison, still in a sort of trance. I noticed how Kris' eyes lingered over Jenna, a confused look flashing in his eyes. "Jenners?" He asked.
Jonathan and Niklas looked between Kris and Jenna, and us Penguins just stared at Jenna. "You know each other?" We all asked at the same time.
Jenna nodded. "Yeah, he is my mom's friends son." She stated. "We used to hang out a lot when we were young, just babies, before we moved to Cole Harbour."
Sidney was lost in though. "Oh, I remember you mentioning a Kris. I didn't realize you meant this Kris." He said.
Jenna shrugged. "Sorry, we lost contact in junior high." She said and Kris looked her over.
"Well, it is great to see you again." Kris said with a warm smile.
Jenna smiled back and looked at me. "Are we getting a table or not?" She asked me, and suddenly five pairs of eyes were latched onto me.
"Uhh, yeah." I said, just as a waitress came over to direct us to a table. And believe it or not, it was across the Blackhawks table that consisted of two other Hawks.
We all waved to the two Patricks, Kane and Sharp, as we sat down.
Jordan leaned into the middle of the table. "This is just weird." He stated, and I laughed.
"It isn't weird." Marc-Andre said. "We are all friends outside of the rink." He sounded so wise, I couldn't help but kiss him.
"P.D.A much." Max mumbled and I shot him a glare.
"Like you are any better in public, womanizer." I stated, and the three guys all went 'oooo' at me as Max looked shocked and raised an eyebrow at me.
"Alright, Erra. You win, you win." He said and I smiled in triumph.
The waitress came and we all ordered our drinks and food. She came back quickly with our drinks. Marc-Andre and I held hands under the table as we all talked about last nights game.
"We need you." Jordan said and I kicked him under the table. "Ow!" He said. "What was that for?"
I narrowed my eyes at him and Marc-Andre chuckled. "It's alright, hun. I know I am wanted." He said with a grin.
I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Patrick Sharp standing there. "Good to see you again, Sierra." He said, a warm smile on his face.
I returned the smile. "You too." I replied as Patrick and Marc-Andre shook hands.
"I heard about your finger, man. That sucks really bad, I hope everything is alright." Sharp said, with true genuine concern in his voice.
Marc-Andre nodded. "I'm fine, just a small setback." He said, as humble as ever. That's my man for you.
Patrick smiled. "That's good." He said as Jonathan pulled up a chair between Jordan and Max. "And obviously we are joining you." He said about his captain.
Sidney shook his head as the other three guys walked up as well. "Go ahead, join us. Like Flower said earlier, we are all friends off the ice." He said with a smile.
I nodded and we all started getting into a huge discussion about hockey. Figures right, since we are all hockey players.
In the middle of dinner, Jonathan moved to a chair next to Jenna. I raised an eyebrow while watching curiously.
Jenna looked at him, her own curiousity showing in her eyes. "Yes?" She asked him, clearly oblivious that I was watching.
In fact, everyone else was too busy talking to even notice. Sidney was stuffing his face and only just nodded to Jonathan before speaking again.
"You have gorgeous eyes, you know." Tazer said, and I choked on my chicken just a bit.
Marc-Andre leaned into me to make sure I was alright. I just nodded and waved him away so he wouldn't worry, and took a drink of my water. Jenna just stared at him. "Umm, well, thanks?" She said, almost in an uncomfortable.
Jonathan smiled at her. I swear there was a slight cockiness to it. "No need to seem so embaressed, you are a beautiful woman."
Again, I almost choked, this time on my water. Jenna noticed this time and leaned away from Jonathan, more into Sidney. "I don't think you should be saying this stuff." She said, trying to get him to stop.
Jonathan was about to say something, so I kicked Jordan under the table again, making him a distraction so Jonathan would leave Jenna alone. "Ouch!" Jordan yelped, rubbing his shin as everyone looked at him. "Who just kicked me?"
No one said a word and Max cleared his throat, clearly trying hard not to laugh. Jordan narrowed his eyes at me and I smiled, taking a bite of my chicken.
The tall blond hockey player grumbled, and asked Jonathan if they could switch places so he wouldn't be sitting across from me.
There was no way Jonathan could refuse, so he sighed and the two of them switched places. Only I caught the sigh, and Jenna looked clearly relieved. She must have known my plan, because she lipped a thanks to me.
I smiled at her as a your welcome.
After we all ate and talked until eight, I took the Penguins' bill and headed up to the front counter to pay it off.
I was leaning against the counter, waiting for the girl to come back since she was answering a call, and I saw a guy dressed in black in the corner of my eye.
I looked slightly in his direction and noticed he was looking straight at me. I shivered inwardly and looked away, trying to ignore him all together.
But that was kind of hard when we got up and walked over to me. "Hey." He said in a deep, gruff voice.
I looked at him. "Can I help you?" I asked, taking a quick glance to the direction of the table where everyone sat. I couldn't see them, therefore they couldn't see me, nor this guy who is giving me the creeps.
He smiled a lazy and cocky smile. "Oh baby, you can do a lot for me." He said, and I immediately stood up straight and tossed my chin up in defiance.
"Excuse me? How dare you speak to me like that." I said, pouring venom into my voice.
The man's look turned hard and he took a step towards me. I backed up against a wall as he crept closer. "Do you defy me you bitch?" He growled.
I felt the fear coil in my stomach, but I held my head high and my voice stayed strong. "Why yes, I do. I don't very much like being called such names." I spat at him.
I swear to God that the man growled as he slammed his fist into the wall next to my head. I gasped and I knew that the fear showed in my eyes.
His face was extremely close to mine and I could smell the alcohol in his breath. It was just my luck that no one was around to see this.
I tried to squirm away but the man grabbed my arm and held on tightly. "Let go of me!" I screeched at him.
He smacked me right across my face and I think a tooth just got jarred. I didn't turn my face back at him as my hand went to my cheek. "You little witch, you deserve what I will do to you." He growled, throwing another punch at me.
My eyes widened and I was just about to scream on impact as a body draped over mine and they got lunged at instead.
"How dare you hurt her." Said the familiar voie that I recognized. I looked up to see Patrick Sharp's face bending over mine, his hands on either side of the wall.
He stood up straight and looked at the man in black. He held one arm up protectively and I watched over his arm. The waitress came back and must have seen the blood on my lip because she yelled for someone and disappeared again.
"You should never harm a lady." Patrick growled, and the man swore and lunged at him again. I had enoguh time this time, so I screamed as loud as I possibly could.