Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Welcome To Our Home, Jordan

Our game seems to be on a rocky side. Although it isn't that surprising since our injuries keep piling up- again.
We lost our last game against the Senators, much to my disappointment since I didn't play; I needed a wrist maintance day.
Eric, T.K, and Alex both had to sit out for the game. Godard is out four to six weeks with a groin injury. And of course, Chris is still out due to his surgery.
This is not good news considering where we are in the season, and the Olympics are so close.
There was no practice today, thankfully, so everyone was able to take a much needed break. I woke up in the morning to Marc-Andre getting out of bed and opening the curtains. I moaned and put one of the pillows over my head. "Close the curtains." I groaned.
Marc-Andre chuckled and crawled up next to me. I felt his fingers on my bare arm, and I could tell he was using his left hand since I could feel his splintered finger. "Sorry, but it is snowing."
I poked my head out from under the pillow and looked up at him, meeting his lovely dark eyes. "Again?" I asked, sitting up and stretching. He pulled my close to him and I curled up in his arms, relishing in his warmth.
I felt his lips along my forehead. "Yes, again. It is quite pretty." Marc-Andre said.
I looked up at him again, and returned the smile that was spread across his lips. I stood up from the bed and pulled my house-coat over my pajamas and left our room.
I looked over the railing and out the window that was on the far wall and could see the snow falling outside. It looked brisk cold out there though, which always took away from the beauty of snow.
The doorbell rang throughout the house and I looked down towards the door. I saw a figure and started racing down the stairs. "I got it!" I called to Marc-Andre, who I knew was probably pulling on some warmer clothes.
I unlocked and opened the door to a shivering Jordan. I blinked in surprise as his usually bright eyes met mine in a dim sense.
Neither of us said anything. I just stood aside and he walked in, plopping himself on the bottom step of the stairs, continuing to shiver. I quickly closed the door and raced to the kitchen and put on some tea.
The stairs creaked as Marc-Andre made his way down the stairs, and I knew the precise moment he noticed Jordan because all movement stopped. "What the hell?" He said, more or less in French.
"Hey." Jordan said, and I swear I could almost hear his teeth chattering from here.
I poured the tea quickly and grabbed a blanket from the couch, heading back to the stairs. I tossed the blanket to Marc-Andre, who placed it around Jordan's shoulders and I gave him the tea while sitting next to him.
The three of us didn't say a word until Jordan finally stopped shaking. He looked between the two of us, meeting our worried eyes. He sighed and gave me the mug back. "Thank you, Erra." He said as he pulled the blanket around him.
Marc-Andre stood up and took the mug from me as he headed into the kitchen. I kept my worried eyes on Jordan. "What happened, Jordan?" I asked him, noting how he flinched.
Jordan avoided my eyes and leaned over his legs, resting his elbows on his knees. "I was kicked out of my apartment last night." He said, sighing.
My eyebrows shot up. "What?" I asked, my voice airy with disbelief.
Jordan finally met my eyes, just as Marc-Andre came back and leaned against the wall. "The landowner kicked me out. He said he needed someone who wasn't a hockey player because he is sick of people trying to break in." He grumbled, a spark of fire igniting in his eyes. "So, pretty much, I got kicked out my this crazy fan."
Marc-Andre cocked his head to the side. "Crazy fans? The fans here are usually pretty good." He commented.
Jordan looked up at him. "I said fan. I have, more or less, been stalked by this crazy woman for a while now. And now I've been kicked out of my place because of her."
I shook my head. "Wait, wait. Where did you sleep last night?" I asked.
Jordan shrugged. "I stayed in my car, until it ran out of gas and it got freezing." He said and I stared at him in disbelief. "It was too late to go knocking on anyone's doors."
Marc-Andre sucked in a breath, and I looked at him as he spoke. "You could have woken us up, Jordan. It would have been better than freezing yourself. You are a teammate and a friend; you should have just come here." He said, almost like a lecture.
Jordan's shoulders sagged and I stood up. "Come on." I said, holding my hand out to him. "You will be staying with us until you can get another place. I'll call Jenna; she can find some pretty good places." I said and helped pull the still cold six foot four hockey player to his feet.
Jordan looked down at me, and then to Marc-Andre. "Thank you." He said, his voice cracking as I ushered him up the stairs.
I rubbed my temples and Marc-Andre wrapped his arms around my waist. "Why didn't he just come earlier." I said, leaning back against him.
Marc-Andre rested his chin on my head. "It was his decision. I will go grab his clothing from his truck." He said, starting to head for the door.
I shook my head and headed up the stairs. This would be interesting.

By noon, Sidney and Jenna arrived at our house with a pile of flyers of possible places for Jordan. They also brought my cat, Aislinn, who would now be staying here since I stay here more than at Mario's now.
We all crowded around the kitchen table, sifting through the mound of flyers. "Where did you get all of these?" I asked my brother and best friend, picking out the places I liked the most.
"We went to the mall, and then to Wal-Mart." Jenna said in a sing-song voice. "And after that we went to a few realtor places."
Marc-Andre chuckled. "It seems you had a busy morning." He stated and Sidney lounged back in the chair.
"You're telling me." He said with a yawn. I may have happened to wake him up with my phone call to them.
Jordan put his head on the table and I placed my hand on his shoulder. He was really stressed out about all this, but I wasn't surprised. "This sucks." He said, letting the last word drone on.
"There is no need to hurry." I said to him and he picked his head up. "Just don't take forever." I warned, and everyone laughed even though I was dead serious.
Jordan looked at us all. "Thanks guys, for everything. I'll repay you somehow." He said to us and we just smiled.
My stomach growled and I blushed slightly as all eyes turned to me. "What?" I asked them. "I'm hungry..."
Everyone started to laugh and Marc-Andre grabbed the keys to his car. "Well, let's go eat." He said. "You going to take your car?" He asked Jenna and Sidney.
Sidney nodded. "Yeah. Jordan can pick who you want to go with." He said.
Jordan looked between Sidney, who was pulling on his heavy sweater that he used as a coat, and me, as I put on my mid-thigh length black coat. "Sid, you're going to Dick's after aren't you?" He asked my brother.
Sidney nodded. "After I drop Jenna off at the school." He replied, helping Jenna with her red suede jacket that I gave her for Christmas.
Jordan looked at Marc-Andre and I. "I'm going to go with them." He said. "I need to pick up stick tape from Dick's."
I shrugged and started to head to the garage. "Alright, well we will meet you at the cafe." I said, handing Marc-Andre the keys from my purse.
"Good deal." Sidney said, as they headed out the door to their car.
I waited for Marc-Andre to pull out of the garage before I stepped outside. The brisk cold licked my face, but I smiled as the soft filter of snow touched my cheeks. I looked up at the sky and closed my eyes, letting the snow fall on my cold face.
Marc-Andre got out of the car. "Sierra?" He called, walking up to me.
I opened my eyes and looked at him, a smile creeping onto my lips. "It's soft." I said to him, and I knew he knew what I meant.
Marc-Andre wrapped one arm around me and pulled me against him. "Come on, lets get in the car before you get too cold." He said, and I reluctantly let him pull me to the car.
We traveled the short distance to the Cafe mostly in silence as we listened to the radio.
Marc-Andre pulled up into a parking space and I hopped out of the car before he even turned it off. Jordan was waiting inside to show us the table, so I hopped up to him with Marc-Andre close behind me.
Jordan led us to the table and Marc-Andre held out a chair to me, and I gratefully sat down, kissing his cheek on the way.
"Glad you finally joined us." Sidney said and I stuck my tongue out at him. He laughed. "We ordered the drinks, I figured water was fine."
I nodded and looked at the small menus to see what I wanted for lunch. "That's fine." I said, taking off my coat.
Marc-Andre leaned into me and whispered. "Do you just want to share the subs?" He asked me and I looked at the subs on the menu's.
They were a foot long. "Umm, yeah." I said, and he chuckled as he sat up straight again.
A waitress came, and I tried to ignore the fact that she was practically drooling over the three male hockey players at our table. I met eyes with Jenna and we both shared the same deathly look. We ordered quickly so the waitress would leave us, and Jordan started laughing. Jenna and I both whipped our heads to look at him. "Woah!" He said, holding up his hands. "No need to kill me."
I narrowed my eyes and sipped the water, kicking Jordan under the table with my slightly pointed toe boots. "OUCH!" He shouted, glaring at me.
I smiled an evil smile and he just snorted as Sidney and Marc-Andre tried not to laugh. I leaned into Marc-Andre and he draped his arm around my shoulders as I snuggled against him.
The waitress came back, and I saw how she looked me over as I was snuggled against Marc-Andre. "I don't appreciate being looked at like I'm a piece of meat." I stated, which shocked the girl and she quickly gave us our food and scurried off.
Jenna busted out laughing and we all looked at her. "Dear God, Sierra. You sure know how to be blunt." She said with a wicked smile.
I grinned and sat up as Marc-Andre cut the massive sandwich in half. "There is no way I can even eat this much." I said as I looked up at him.
Marc-Andre chuckled. "I'll eat what you can't, if I can." He said and I smiled.
We ate slowly, and talked a lot. There weren't too many other people here, so we felt fairly comfortable.
When we finished, I took the bill up to pay for it since Sidney paid the last time. The waitress that served us was nearby, glaring me down.
The lady at the cash smiled at me. "Hello, Miss. Crosby." She said warmly.
I noticed how the waitress who served us went from a glaring look, to a shocked one. Apparently she didn't realize who I was.
"Hello, Caroline." I said to her, handing her the bill and the cash for the food. "I hope everything is well."
Caroline continued to smile. She knew us all because we tended to come here often on our day's off. "Everything is great. And I always get a joy to see you guys here." She said. "It seems like you and Mr. Fleury are really close now." She said, a hint of a gossipy tone in her voice. She was a great old woman, and I was glad I knew her.
"Yes, we are. I pretty much live with him now." I replied to her, and she giggled like a small girl, excited by the news.
"That is so great. You guys are one of the most happiest couples I have seen. It is so hard to believe it hasn't even been a year yet." She replied, handing me the change.
I smiled happily at her. "I know what you mean." I said, tucking the change back into my purse. "I best go now, before the guys get too impatient. It was great to see you again!"
Caroline grinned. "Goodbye, Miss. Crosby. I hope to see you all again soon. And bring some more of the guys next time." She called after me as I headed back to the table.
Everybody started to stand up, and Marc-Andre helped me put on my coat. I leaned against him as he wrapped his arms around me as we waited for the others to get their coats on.
Jenna fixed her ballet flat shoe and looked at us. "What are you two doing today?" She asked, her brown eyes filled with curiosity.
I looked up at Marc-Andre, who was wearing his usual black beanie. "I think we have to go to Sears again, or somewhere." I stated. "We need to tear up the carpet in the dining room and we need a new stove."
Jenna cocked her head to the side. "Why? I mean, you just got that carpet a couple years ago." She asked as we started to head for the door.
"Sierra spilt coffee on it." Marc-Andre said, and I elbowed him gently in the side.
Jenna raised an eyebrow as Sidney and Jordan, who were deep in conversation, got into Sid's car. "It was not my fault, though." I grumbled. "Marylene distracted me and I tripped over a shoe." I looked at Marc-Andre. "Your shoe."
Marc-Andre blushed and Jenna laughed. "Marylene was using it to kill a spider." He said in a protest.
I rolled my eyes, but smiled and kissed him. "Alright, we better go. We want to get this done." I said to him and he nodded as I handed him the keys.
I hugged Jenna and headed off to Marc-Andre's car, sliding into it. I tucked my jacket under my legs and fiddled with the radio.
"The game with the Red Wings is coming up." Marc-Andre said and I sighed.
"Can I purposely sit out?" I asked and he chuckled. "I'm kidding. I just don't really want to be a part of that mess."
Marc-Andre took a hold of my hand and we entwined our fingers. "I know, love." He said as we pulled into the parking lot of Sears.