Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Oh, Max

Our past few games have not been the greatest. It seems that whenever we have a long break that is supposed to make us better makes us worse. It didn't help that we lost against the Capital's on Sunday, and allowed Ovechkin to gain a hat trick.
Not to anger any of you fans, but I really dislike Alex Ovechkin. Coach Dan Bylsma yelled at me for lunging at him after his third goal.
And to top it all off, after fighting the weather just to get to Washington, when we arrived at the airport Sunday night, all of our cars were buried in knee high snow. So we spent a good amount of the night digging out the cars. Sounds like fun, I know.
But now that is behind us, and Jenna and Sidney had came over to our place for dinner. They had just recently left and I was washing the dishes in the sink.
Sadly, Jordan was still bunking with Marc-Andre and myself, but I have to give him credit that he is looking for a new place.
Jordan jumped up on the counter next to me and held a piece of paper in front of my face. "How about this place?" He asked me.
I took off one of my washing gloves and took the piece of paper in my hand, looking at the pictures and reading through the information. I shook my head and gave the paper back. "It is too far away from the rink." I said to him.
Jordan sighed and hopped off of the counter. "I knew you were going to say that." He muttered, sitting down at the kitchen table.
I put my hands on my hips and looked at him. "You don't want to be too far away from the rink, Jordan." I said, sounding a lot like a mother talking to her child.
God, what am I turning in to?
Jordan let out a moan. "I know, I know." He muttered, dropping his head on the kitchen table with a sigh.
I shook my head and went back to washing dishes. I was almost finished with drying everything when I felt soft lips on the back of my neck. I giggled and turned around in Marc-Andre's arms so our lips met. "I love you." He said to me, in French of course.
"I know what that means!" Jordan said, watching us and Marc-Andre and I started to chuckle. "Get a room."
Marc-Andre met Jordan's eyes with his usual smile. "How about you be a good boarder and go elsewhere."
I burst out laughing and Jordan walked out of the kitchen without a word. "That wasn't very nice." I said to him, still chuckling.
Marc-Andre's smile grew and he kissed my forehead. "This is my house, and he is a guest. Therefore the "get a room" does not apply since I paid for this place. Everywhere is a "room" anyways." He said, making me laugh even more.
I shook my head and turned around to finish putting away the dishes. "You have a point there." I said.
"I know." He replied, just as my cat, Aislinn, jumped on the counter.
I looked at my cat and gave her a look. "And what do you think you are doing, missy?" I asked her, as if she would answer me in something that I could understand.
She meowed at me and I shook my head. I left her be, knowing she only got on the counter when there was no food in her dish.
I was finishing up the last plate when Marc-Andre got my attention. "Umm, Erra." He said, his voice on the verge of pure laughter.
I look at him, and then to the cupboard in time to see a black tail disappear within it. "Aislinn!" I called, laughing myself.
She turned around in the cupboard carefully, and looked out at me with a meow. "Alright, alright. I get the hint." I said, looking at Marc-Andre, who smiled and went over to my cats food dish. She immeditely followed him, meowing all the way. "Psycho." I muttered, putting the last plate away.
I closed all of the doors and walked towards the living room, where Jordan was atempting to play the Wii. I plopped down on the couch and watched. "We have a game tomorrow, try not to hurt yourself." I said as he tripped over his own feet.
Jordan only shot me a look as Marc-Andre sat next to me. "I want to go home." I said suddenly, getting looks form both of the guys. I looked down and played with the hem of Marc's shirt. "I miss Nova Scotia."
Marc-Andre wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close. I laid there like that until bed time.
Marc-Andre and I went to bed before Jordan, who was finally getting the hang of the game he was playing. It took a few hours, but better late than never. "Don't stay up too late." I warned, and he nodded. I wasn't sure if he heard or not.
I'm turning into my mother.
I crawled into bed after taking my hair down, and waited, sitting up, for Marc-Andre to hurry up.
Marc-Andre finally joined me, wearing the cute hockey puck pajama pants I gave him for his birthday. I rested my head on his chest, sighing heavily as I thought about being home. "I miss home." I said quietly.
Marc-Andre caressed my arm. "I know, Sierra, I know." He said quietly.
"This summer was so awesome. We had so much fun and enjoyed ourselves so much. The day with the cup was amazing too, even with Max there." I said, getting a small chuckle from Marc with my comment about our dear winger. "I remember all the times Sidney and I would play with our friends outside. Whether it be rain, snow, light or dark. Sometimes I miss our childhood."
Marc-Andre continued to stroke my arm. "I do too. I believe it has something to do with the fact that our childhoods were cut short when we were drafted." He said in French.
I nodded. "I still feel like a kid in the summers. Do you, Marc?" I asked him, looking up at him even though he wouldn't be able to see me in the dark of our room.
I could feel him nod. "I do." He said, and I could tell me was getting sleepy.
"I love you." I whispered.
I could picture the very smile he held on his lips right now. "I love you too." He replied, kissing the top of my head before we settled down and fell into a deep sleep.

My phone went off on its usual ringtone, that woke both me and Marc up at two in the morning.
I moaned and rolled over, squinting as I looked at the name. "What the hell?" I said, pressing the button. "Hello?" I asked.
Max's familiar voice echoed on the other side of the line. "Sierra?" He asked. I was shocked on how his voice sounded. It seemed that he was almost crying. "Can you come pick me up?"
Marc-Andre sighed next to me and rolled over. "Max, whats going on? Where are you?" I asked, confused.
I heard him sniff. "Please, Erra." He said, his voice desperate. "Don't tell anyone except for Flower." He begged.
"Ok, just tell me what's going on." I said. At this point, Marc-Andre turned on the light, a worried and confused look on his face.
"I'll tell you when you're here." He said. "I'm at the usual place."
"Ok, be right there." I said, hanging up and swinging my legs out of the bed.
"What's going on?" Marc asked, his voice groggy with sleep.
I sighed. "Something's up with Max. I'm going to go pick him up. He told me not to tell anyone but you, so if Jordan sees me leaving, make up an excuse. Please." I said to him as I pulled on some sweatpants.
He nodded. "Ok. Drive safely. I think it's snowing again." He said, laying back down in bed.
"I will." I said, edging out of our room and sneaking downstairs and out the door.
I drove to the usual club, and spotted Max sitting on the curb with his head in his hands. I pulled up nearby and hopped out of the car. I noticed only then that a security guard was there with him.
"Max!" I called out, and the guard looked up at me.
"Miss. Crosby?" He asked and I nodded. "Good, I think this guy really needs you." He said.
"What's happening? What's going on?" I asked, placing my hand on Max's shoulder. He looked up at me and I could see a gash along his eye and temple area. "Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed. "What happened?"
Max shook his head so I looked towards the body guard. He shrugged. "Some guy started talking smack to him, and he and his goons started smaking him around. They were muttering something about capitals and flyers."
I closed my eyes. "The Capitals and The Flyers." I said, and a light went on in the man's eyes. "Who was with you? And why did they leave you?" I questioned.
"Tanger, and he had to go let Geno into his apartment. I was just leaving when..."
I growled and looked at the confused guard. "There are some sore fans around here." He nodded as he understood. "Thank you for taking care of him." I said, helping Max to his feet and taking to my car.
Once we were in the car, I looked over at Max. "I have never seen you so shaken up." I said and he shook his head.
I nodded, understanding his silence. He was singled out for no reason.
I drove back to my house, pulling into the driveway and trying as quietly as possible to sneak into the house. "Go in the bathroom downstairs." I whispered to Max, who nodded and headed down the hall.
I looked up the stairs and could see the light from mine and Marc's bedroom. I quickly headed down to the bathroom, and Max was sitting on the toilet seat. I pulled out the medicine box from the cabinet and sifted through it.
I pulled out a antihystamine cream and forced Max to look up as I applied it to the gash on his forehead. He already cleaned it out. "What is your excuse that you'll be telling everyone about this?" I asked him.
Max sighed. "I took a tumble?"
I nodded. "Sounds good to me." I said, smiling softly. I actually got a slight smile back. "You can stay on the couch for the night." I said. "Marc will drive you home in the morning so you can grab your stuff and get yourself prepared and such."
Max nodded and headed towards the living room. I stopped by the closet and pulled out a bunch of blankets and headed towards the couch. "Here, it's cold here at night." I said, handing the blankets to him.
Max laid down on the couch and pulled the blankets over him. "Thank you, Sierra. For everything; picking me up so late and letting me stay here. I'll thank Flower in the morning, too." He said as I handed him a pillow.
"It's fine." I said. "Goodnight."
I raced up the stairs and slipped into my room. Marc-Andre was asleep, but the light was on. I took my sweatpants off, just in the huge shirt once again, and climbed into bed while turning off the light. I was dead tired.
I curled up next to Marc and I felt him breathe deeply and wrap his arms around me. "Tell me everything in the morning." He muttered quietly. I nodded, wanting to just sleep, sleep, and sleep some more.