Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Valentine's Day

Max went home the next day, before I had even woken up. We had practice in the morning so I supposed that he wanted to go home first. From what Marc-Andre said, Jordan drove him home.
Sunday, on the fourteenth, we had a game which we lost in overtime, but none of the guys in the locker stayed upset for too long. Why? Oh, I think you know why.
It was Valentine’s Day, and all of the guys had plans for the day to woo their ladies. Now, you’d think I would know what Marc-Andre has planned since I’m in the locker room with them and the guys here have troubles keeping their mouths shut, but honestly, I had absolutely no idea.
This morning, I woke up to the most adorable red little dragon stuffed animal that had a white belly and feet, with white sparkly wings and toes, and holds a red heart with “xoxo” written on it. The o’s were heart shaped.It also had a bag of chocolates beside it.I screamed when I saw it and ran down the stairs and launched myself into Marc-Andre’s arms yelling “thank you” over and over again. Apparently, Jenna got the same one too, from Sidney. I laughed as I realized the two guys went shopping together.
So far, that is all I know of for my Valentine’s gift, but Sidney kept snickering all through practice. Then he got a puck to the back of his head, which gave him a headache but was perfectly fine since he had a helmet on.
I mean come on, I wouldn’t purposely hurt my brother; I knew he wouldn’t get hurt from that.
As I was waiting for all of the guys to finish changing from their gear, I contemplated. We had to leave for Vancouver tonight, so I didn’t expect too much.
As I leaned against a wall, Sidney and Marc-Andre raced up to me, their eyes bright and huge smiles across their faces. “What?” I asked.
Sidney handed me his phone and pressed a button, and a message replayed a male voice.
"Mr. Sidney Crosby, I have thought long and hard about your proposal to have your sister, Sierra Crosby, bunk with Team Canada in the Olympic Village even though she is not an athlete, and is female. I have spoken with your coach, Dan Bylsma, and Mario Lemieux about it, and they both said the same things; that you play better and have a positive attitude with your sister there with you. And they also mentioned that the team always has a better attitude on the ice because of her.
After speaking with them, I spoke with the Olympic coaches and they have also thought long about it. Most of the players would not be used to having a female with them, that is why we have concluded with a lot of thought that she may stay in Athlete’s Village and bunk with you and Marc-Andre Fleury."
I squealed and looked at my brother and boyfriend. “Keep listening.” Sidney said, chuckling. I had a feeling the next part would be… interesting.
"Now, she is only allowed within the Athletes village, in the cabin you shall share with Team Canada’s hockey players during the hours of 9-7. She must pay for her own tickets for the games and pay for her own food. Also, no shenanigans will be allowed, especially since we know of the relationship between your sister, and Marc-Andre Fleury."
I blushed and Marc-Andre and Sidney laughed. Marc-Andre pulled me against him and kissed my forehead. “He is only being careful, love. At least we know how we are.” He said quietly and I nodded at him, still blushing.
The rest of the message contained information about the man’s self if Sidney had any other questions, and all of the other Team Canada players would be informed of this strange living arrangement.
“Well… this shall be interesting.” I said, handing Sidney’s phone back to him.
Sidney chuckled as we headed back to the car. “Well, it’s the best I could do to have you near.” He said with a smile that I returned.
“Thank you.” I replied, hugging him before hopping into Marc-Andre’s car. “See you tonight at the airport! And call Geno as we leave, or he’ll be late.”
Marc-Andre chuckled as he got into the driver’s seat. “Give him some credit, Erra.” He said, smiling as Sidney waved to us.
“Have fun this afternoon!” Sid said just as he pulled away from the rink, a huge smile on his face.
“I’m honestly surprised he could hold whatever you have planned a secret.” I said to Marc-Andre as I tossed my hair up into a pony tail. I needed a shower.
I looked over at Marc-Andre and he was grinning. “You’d be surprised at how many people could keep it a secret.” He said.
My eyebrows shot up in surprise. “How many people have you told?” I asked him, a little flabbergasted.
Marc-Andre’s smile only got bigger. “A few. I needed some opinions.” He said, and I resisted the urge to scowl. I was actually really excited.
We pulled into the driveway and I jumped out of the car, beating Jordan to the door, who actually beat us to the house. I took the stairs by two and raced to the master bathroom, starting the shower while unchanging at the same time.
I showered quickly as I heard Marc-Andre rummaging through the closet at the corner of the bathroom, by the door. Yes, for some odd reason, our closet is in the bathroom. It could be because our bathroom is huge. (We have a Jacuzzi tub! It’s so great when I’m sore.)
I jumped out of the shower and wrapped a once white-now baby blue towel around myself and tossing my hair up in a towel. I made the mistake of letting Jordan do our laundry. All of the whites that were with a dark blue sweater are now a baby blue color. He isn’t allowed to touch our things anymore.
As I walked the length of the bathroom to the closet, I noticed a pile of clothes laid out on the sink counter. I scurried over and saw that Marc-Andre had picked out some of my finer clothes. It was my long soft blue, double strapped dress that hugged just under my bust for an empire waist line. I only wore it once, for Eric’s wedding.
I touched the soft material and smiled. The blue was one of my favorite shades of the color. I slipped it on, and twirled, making the small ruffles of the dress swirl around me. The towel fell off my head and my wet hair fell around my shoulders and neck.
A soft knock came at the bathroom door, and I turned around to see Marc-Andre standing there, a soft and loving smile spread across his face. “I love how that dress looks on you. It makes your eyes light up.” He said softly, and I turned back to the mirror and examined myself.
“It is really pretty.” I commented.
Marc-Andre stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me. “Je t’aime.” He said softly.
I grinned and turned around in his arms, pushing against his chest. “I love you too.” I said. “Now shoo, I need to finish getting ready.” I said, giggling as he laughed and exited the bathroom.
I dried my hair as fast as I could, letting the natural curls show themselves. They were nowhere near as many curls as Sidney, but that is always the case. His hair is a lot curlier when it’s longer.
I decided that some makeup would be necessary for this seems-to-be fancy outing. I put a gentle blue color across my eyelids to match my blue dress, and my usual soft pink lip gloss. My cheeks are naturally rosey, so no blush was needed.
I hunted my small jewelry box for a pair of blue gem studs to slip into my ears, and my blue gem choker necklace that Jenna gave me back in high school. I slipped on my small black heels and made my way out of the bathroom, making one last check in the mirror as I nodded as I approved.
“I’m so jealous that my own brother is on Team Canada and I’m not.” I heard Jordan say from downstairs. “It’s so unfair.”
I heard Marc-Andre chuckle. “At least you were thought about.” He said, and I could picture the smile he was wearing upon his face.
I turned the corner and started to walk down the stairs, keeping a careful hand on the railing. “Yeah, whatever.” Jordan said, and I saw his eyes looked up at me as I focused on Marc-Andre’s back. “Woah.”
Marc-Andre turned around and I saw the happy surprise on his face as he watched me. He held out his hand when I reached arms length, and I took his hand as I walked down the rest of the stairs. He was wearing a black suit with the tie that matched my dress. “You’re absolutely stunning.” He said quietly, and I blushed as he tucked me under his arm.
“See you later, don’t wreck my house.” Marc-Andre said as he helped my put on my knee length coat and headed out the door.
We held hands through the drive, and I didn’t find out where we were going until we got there- Bona tera, one of the fanciest couple restaurants in Pittsburgh.
“Oh.” I said as we walked into the restaurant. I had never been here before, and it was an absolutely beautiful place.
Marc-Andre smiled as we headed towards our table. He took off my coat and pulled out my chair, like the gentleman he really is. I smiled at him. “Thank you.”
Marc sat across from me and smiled, as usual. “De rien.” He replied, and I giggled happily.
The restaurant was decorated for Valentine’s Day, and I couldn’t help but smile all through our meal as we talked and laughed.
And my awesome boyfriend ordered the most delicious cheesecake I have ever tasted in my life for dessert. “This is amazing!” I exclaimed.
“I’m really glad you like it.” He said with a chuckle, taking a bite for himself.
I grinned at him. “I love all cheesecake, you know that.” I said, and he laughed heartedly.
“Yes, I do know that.” We smiled an equally amused grin. “Sierra?” He said suddenly, and I looked up in surprise.
“Oui?” I replied, curious of the serious, but loving look on his face.
A soft, and sexy, smile spread across his face. “I love you more than anything, Erra. And I promise to always love you with all my heart, and treat you with pure love.” He said, and I raised my eyebrows in response. “Take a look in your left pocket.” He instructed.
I sifted through my coat to look for the pocket, and stuck my hand in it when I found it. I pulled out a red, heart shaped ring box and my eyes widened. I looked up at him and he nodded as I opened it.
A small gold ring was held inside, with two hearts engraved in it. My breath caught as Marc-Andre reached across the table, and took the ring out of the little box, and held my left hand in his. “I love you with all my heart, Sierra.” He said, and I’m pretty sure tears started to swell up in my eyes. “And I promise to always love you.” He slipped the ring on my ring finger, and I realized then what this was. It was a promise ring, with a spoken promise engraved into the small gold ring. “I know you don’t like gold jewelry too much, but for that pattern, gold was all I could do.” He said quietly.
I bit my lip and looked into his dark eyes. “Marc, it’s absolutely perfect. I love it.” I said and felt him squeeze my hand softly. “And I love you with all my heart too.” I hesitated with what I wanted to say next, but I knew it was alright. “I want to be by your side forever.” I said quietly.
Marc-Andre surprised me by standing up, and standing by me, raising my chin to look up at him. His lips touched mine with a gentle love. The smile on his face when he pulled away was entrancing. “And you shall.” He said, his hands holding my left one. “This ring now holds our spoken, and unspoken, promises.”
I grinned happily and stood up, throwing my arms around him. “Je t’aime.” I said, in French for the more sacred meaning.
Marc-Andre held my tightly. “Je t’aime.” He replied, his voice just a soft whisper in my ear. He kissed my temple and pulled away. “Not to ruin this moment or anything,” he said while reaching for our coats. “But we should get going; we have a flight to catch to Vancouver soon.”
I nodded and grabbed the ring box and my small purse as Marc-Andre took the check and headed over to pay it.
I leaned against him as he paid. “Good luck at the Olympics!” The man said, and Marc smiled and thanked him.
We headed home as quickly as possible, and I fiddled with the promise ring that now rested on my finger.
Thankfully, I was already packed for the trip. “Hurry!” I said as I slipped out of my dress and jewelry, and slipped on my traveling sweatpants and oversized hoodie that’s actually Marc’s.
Marc-Andre laughed as he grabbed both our luggage, Jordan grabbed his hockey bag. “We are, we are.”
I grinned as I hopped down the stairs, and saw that Mario’s car was in the drive way, and I could see Sidney in the passengers’ seat. We raced to the car, and I slipped which made everyone laugh even though I stayed on my feet. Marc-Andre and I said goodbye to Jordan, and Marc warned him that if anything is wrong with his house when we return, Jordan will be paying for everything.
I’m pretty sure Jordan turned chalk white in the dusk light.
Marc and I were set to the very back of the 8 passenger car, in which Marc-Andre’s 6’2” height was very squished, so I had to sit in his lap so he had leg room.
The Olympics was the talk as we headed to the airport, but I could tell that Sidney was slightly upset that Jenna could not come. I sent him a text so the others wouldn’t hear. Just call her every night, you’ll feel better. I said, and he looked back and smiled with a nod.
I ate some of the chocolate that Marc gave me along with the dragon (who I packed to come with) and we pulled into the airport. We had to get out slowly and Marc and I stretched out legs as the two Russians took the bags. Brooks grabbed a baggage cart for the hockey bags.
Mario came up to me and hugged me tightly. “You take care of these guys, alright? They are going to need it up in Vancouver.” He said, and I laughed at him. He handed me my VIP ticket that gets me into all of Team Canada’s hockey games, and get to sit behind their bench. “And don’t feel bad that I paid for half of this.” He said, as if reading the expression on my face. “It is my late Christmas present to you.”
I smiled at him. “Thank you, Mario.” I said.
He patted my shoulder. “You’re like a daughter to me, you’re very welcome.” He said, smiling.
The ticket was an unbelievable about of money, so Mario said he would split the cost of it, since he knew I really wanted to be there to support Team Canada. I made a secret promise to repay him back someday, since it is an awful amount of money for a Christmas present. “Now, all of you get going! And listen to Sierra!” He called as we headed into the airport, waving back at him.
“And now, the fun begins.” Sergei said as we headed towards our plane to take us to Vancouver.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sierra's Dress:
http://www.bridal-wedding-dresses.com/wedding-prom-dresses_a_1254_1.gif