Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Good Morning

I had a very... rude awakening that next morning.
My oh so fabulous morning started with a crazy psycho brother of mine dive bombing onto my bed as a "wake up call". He got his own wake up call.
"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SIDNEY PATRICK CROSBY...!" Lets just say, it got worse from there; and I highly doubt he will ever do something like that ever again.
I had stormed out of my room and bumped right into Marc-Andre, who must have arrived early this morning from his appartment.
"Oh, sorry." I said in a mumble, not realizing at first who it was. I looked up as I heard the chuckle I recognized quite well.
"Sounds like there was quite a storm in there." Marc-Andre said as he looked into the direction in my room where Sidney was standing still, apalled.
I felt my face burn as it turned red and walked around Marc-Andre with my head down, hiding my face. "Uh, yeah." I said to him, making my way to the bathroom to wash up. I felt a slight brush on Marc-Andre's fingers on my wrist, but the feeling disappeared as quickly as it appeared. I quickly faded into the bathroom.
With my own jersey on, sprouting my number- 78- and my hat that sports Sidney's number, I stalked out of the bathroom and headed to the kitchen where a lot of the guys were sitting, enjoying a bacon and eggs breakfast.
As I walked into the kitchen, they all turned to me. "Good morning princess!" They all said, in almost perfect unison. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but smile.
Sidney was giving me a curious look, as if he was expecting me to still want to wring his neck, so I went over and stole a piece of bacon and sat myself on the edge of his chair. It was my own personal peace offering and Sidney took it gratefully.
He whispered in my ear, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you half to death." I gave him a look that said 'how could you not?' and he just shook his head.
We all heard footsteps coming down the hall and we all turned out heads to look, like a bunch of birds who spotted food. Mario appeared from around the hallway and we all said hello, and the rest of the team trailed behind him.
He cleared his throat and we all gave him a questioning look. Although, I could feel someone looking at me. "Well, Penguins," He began. "Today is the day we celebrate!" Everyone cheered as I smiled, feeling a creeping pain in my wrist. "Everything is set up for the parade. Best pick your partners for the cars now, before you get stuck with someone who will drive you crazy." Wow, it seemed like Mario was talking directly to me.
I locked my arm around Sidney's and he chuckled quietly as Mario finished up. "So get your breakfast, and meet outside. Then we will get going. Word is a crowd is already forming."
"Doesn't surprise me." I heard Geno's voice from somewhere amoungst the group of men. A few laughs came from somewhere.
Mario had a smile on his face. "Yes, yes. It isn't surprising is it." Everyone nodded in agreement and I took a big mouthful of Sidney's eggs. "Alright, Penguins. Get moving." And with that, Mario left us and it suddenly got loud with talking; which I, as usual, blocked out.
I felt Sidney shift in the chair and was about to mumble at him because he was pushing me off when he spoke. "Hey, Flower. Coming with us?" He asked and I glanced up to see Marc-Andre coming towards us.
He smiled and I blinked. "Sure." He said before he went to the stove, to no doubt get more bacon.
Sidney shoved food into his mouth like a man who hasn't eaten in a week. I gaped at him. He noticed and shrugged. "I'm hungry." He said, and then started laughing.
I raised an eyebrow at him. "Uhh, yeah, I can see that bro." I said to him; shoving bacon into my own mouth.
There was a loud crash from the kitchen and I got up to investigate.
I walked into the kitchen and saw Marc-Andre picking up shards of a broken glass. Max was laughing and I could see that Marc was mumbling to himself. I shot a look over to Max and he stopped laughing abrutly. Marc looked up as I knelt down to help. "Be careful, the shards are sharp." I said to him, picking up the shards gently.
He nodded and looked at his thumb. "Yeah, I noticed." He said, with a hint of amusement in his voice as I looked to see he slit his finger.
"Oh." I said, then felt stupid since that was all I could think of. "I can take care of this, you should go wash that out." I finally said to him.
Marc-Andre sighed and stood up. "Are you sure?" He asked. I could sense the hesitation in his voice. I managed to smile at him.
"Yes, it's fine." I replied to him. "If you need disinfectant, its in the cupboard in the bathroom." I said, telling him because I wanted him to put the stuff on.
Marc started to walk away. "Ok, thanks." He said as he left.
I started to pick up all the shards with delicatesy. I grabbed a Wal-Mart bag and put the shards in there, making sure to get the tiny pieces off of my hand. I ended up banging my hand against the counter and I swore under my breath as pain shot through my wrist. I rubbed my wrist as Kris walked in.
"Hey, we are getting to leave. Sidney said he would meet you outside." He said and I nodded. He looked at my wrist. "You alright?" He asked and I nodded again. He gave me a look, but left it alone. "Alright, hurry up." He said, leaving me alone again.
After he left, I let out another swearing breath and picked up the bag of shaddered glass. I made sure there was nothing else left on the floor and then tossed it into the garbage.
I walked down the hallway to my room to grab my phone when Marc-Andre came out of the bathroom. Again, I almost smacked into him.
I looked up at him. "Sorry, again." I said and he laughed.
"Its fine." He said and beckoned for me to hurry up. I ran into my room and grabbed my phone, then quickly raced out and Marc was at the end of the hall waiting.
"You didn't have to wait for me." I said to him as we walked outside together.
He shrugged. "I felt like I should have, so I did."I looked up at him and he smiled at me. I smiled back as my tummy started to feel strange inside.
Sidney was at our designated car and called out. "Hurry up you two!" He called and Marc-Andre and I jogged towards him. The Cup was on the roof of the car and I laughed.
"Really, Sid?" I asked him as I hopped up into the truck; Sidney and Marc following behind.
He grinned at me. "You better believe it sister." He said and I grinned back.
Marc-Andre was looking at us. "I feel left out from this twin thing you guys have going on." He said jokingly and we laughed.
Mario was in the front car and he called back to us using one of the voice traveling things that I can't think of the name at the moment. "Alright, Penguins. It's time to head out and enjoy the parade just for us!" He called and we all cheered.
I smiled at Sidney and Marc-Andre, and our parade had begun.