Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Welcome Back

To be completely honest, I was upset to be going back to Pittsburgh. Vancouver is such a beautiful place; I wish I had more time to just go around and take in the sites.
Sidney promised we would go there in the summer.
The plane was touching down in Pittsburgh, and Miller tossed a sock at my head. I glared at him. “Ok, eww.” I said, taking the sock of my head with my nails. “You’re in our land, mister. You better behave.”
Miller and Marc-Andre chuckled. Miller took his sock back and spoke. “I know. I find it ironic that we are the first teams to face off against each other.” He glared at Sidney. “It’s too bad I won’t be in net. I’d like to redeem myself.”
Sid raised an eyebrow and grinned. “We will meet again, no doubt.” He said while laughing.
The plane pulled into the gate and we started to head off the private plane. Marc and I had our fingers entwined while Miller and the other Sabre Olympians argued with Brooks and Sid. I rolled my eyes at them. “They are so crazy.”
“Crazy good, or crazy bad?” A voice that I knew very well said.
I spun around with a big grin on my face and ran to the tall blond hockey player that was my teammate. “Jordan!” I squealed happily as he picked me up and hugged me tightly. I kissed his forehead. “I missed you.”
Jordan grinned and set me back on my feet while hugging the other guys. “I missed you too.” He said with a grin, just as Marc-Andre said, “My house isn’t in ruins, is it?” Jordan laughed and the two grinned at each other. “I’m not that irresponsible.”
Brooks chuckled from behind us. “He just admitted that he is irresponsible.” Jordan glared at him.
“Now now,” I started to say, but Jordan didn’t let me finish.
“I came here to pick you guys up, you better be nice to me or I will leave you here.” He grumbled as I sighed.
“I’m pretty sure that I drove.” Mario rounded the corner and shook hands with all of us. “Congratulations. You all deserve those medals.” He grinned at the guys and I felt proud all over again. Mario surprised me, though, by turning to me. “And you,” He smiled. “You kept those boys pumped.
I blushed and looked at my feet as Marc-Andre chuckled and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “I did no such thing, Mario.” It was practically a whisper.
Mario shrugged. “I don’t believe so, sweetheart.” He rounded on the guys. “Ok, let’s get home, shall we? Everyone has practice tomorrow.” Everyone moaned.
We all talked about our experience all through the drive home as we slowly dropped everyone off. We dropped off the Sabres at the hotel that their team is at, and then dropped Brooks off at his place.
Next were Marc-Andre, Jordan, and myself. We hopped out of the car and grabbed our bags before waving to Mario and Sidney. “Give Jenna a big hug for me.” I instructed Sidney, and he said he will do more than that. “Ugh, too much information.” I mumbled, and he glared at me.
“That is not what I meant.”
“I know.”
“You’re difficult.”
“So are you.” I smiled.
“You two are so much alike, it’s creepy. And I don’t mean just with skill and looks.” Jordan mumbled, and we laughed as Mario pulled out of the driveway. “I hope you guys have the key.”
I pulled out my keys. “As always.” I unlocked the door and turned on the light inside as I dropped my bag and collapsed onto the floor and spread out my limbs. “Oh, it feels so good to be home!” I exclaimed as Jordan took my bag up the stairs.
Marc smiled down at me. “Home sweet home.” I giggled and held my hand to him, and he helped me to my feet, and then swept me off my feet. He carried me up the stairs and into our room, and dropped me on our bed. I laughed and pulled him down with me, and we just laid together, looking at the fan that was on low speed. “It really is good to be home.” He whispered.
I looked at him. “Yeah, nothing is better than home.” I said just as quietly. Aislinn jumped on the bed with us and I laughed as she made herself comfortable on Marc-Andre’s chest. “That is my spot, missy.” I stated, but petted her anyways.
“Goodnight.” Jordan’s voice called from the hallway.
“Goodnight.” Marc-Andre and I said in unison.
Marc sat up and Aislinn jumped down in displeasure. I rolled onto my belly and hugged the bed awkwardly. “I never thought I’d miss this bed so much.”
Marc-Andre laughed as he unpacked his bag. “Nothing is better than home.”
I rolled over once again, and sat up. I fingered the locket at my neck that held our picture. I watched his back as he put his clothes away. “I love you.” I said suddenly.
Marc-Andre turned around and smiled gently. “And I love you.” He said as he strode forward and took my chin in his hand. “I will always love you.” He kissed me and I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. As he pulled away, he said, “Best get to bed, love. We have to get up for practice in the morning.”
I moaned and flopped onto my back. I was already in my pajamas because I knew I would be too tired to change when we got home. “Yeah, I know.” I grumbled and crawled into bed.
Marc laughed and slid in next to me as he turned out the light. I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes. “Sweet dreams.” He said, but I was already asleep.

“Marc, we aren’t going to make it.” I mumbled as I slammed my head back against the seat of the car. “We should have gone with Jordan. He’s there.”
Marc-Andre looked at his watch. “It was your idea to make a ‘quick’ breakfast.” He pointed out, looking over at me.
I sunk deeper into my chair. “I know.”
He smiled. “Call Sid and tell him that we won’t make it.”
I did. “Siddy, Marc and I aren’t going to make it to practice.” I paused as he asked why. “We are stuck in traffic.” I grumbled. “I had a brilliant idea of making breakfast.” I narrowed my eyes as he laughed. “Shut up. We will be at the rink first thing tomorrow.” I sighed. “Yes, Sidney. I’ll give you the ten bucks tomorrow.”
I hung up on the phone as Marc-Andre made for an exit so we could turn around and head back home. “Lost a bet?” He asked, and I could tell he was clearly amused. It is really easy to tell when he is amused when he speaks in French, since that is his native language.
“Yes.” I said. “Back in our rookie year, we made a bet that sometime in our careers, one of us would miss practice, and the first would have to pay the other ten bucks.” I looked out the window as we headed for home. “I’m actually surprised that he remembered since it was four years ago.”
Marc smiled. “He remembers everything.”
I nodded in agreement. “He remembers absolutely everything.”

Marc-Andre didn’t play the next night in our game against the Sabres, since we didn’t make it to practice. I still played though… well, somewhat. I only played about 8 or 9 minutes of the whole game.
Brent held down the fort though, and we came back strong after the Olympic Break. Sidney was exhausted at the end of the game. So exhausted that I pretty much walked him to the locker room after.
None of the Olympians that just came back have had a break, and Sidney was a target at the game by all the Sabres. Dan decided to give him tomorrow off, and I think he deserves it. Brooks and Geno also got the days off. Marc and I would be going in tomorrow since we got yesterday off, even if it wasn’t on purpose.
I drove Sidney home since Marc-Andre had to take a trip to the doctor to get his finger checked out. I carried his bag inside and he collapsed on the couch. Before I knew it, I was bombarded by Jenna. “SIERRA!” She yelled, knocking me to the ground.
I laughed and hugged my best friend back. “Hey Jens, I missed ya.” I said happily as she helped me back to my feet and Sidney laughed at us.
“I missed you too, Sierra. It’s been so quiet without anyone here these past two weeks. Although I did get to spend a lot of time with the Lemieux’s.” She said. “I have missed you guys so much! You must tell me everything!”
I laughed at her. “Ok, ok. I’ll tell you everything about my own adventures.” I said with a smile and started to tell her everything about what happened to me in Vancouver, and how amazing it was.