Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Pillow Fight!

For some reason, we just can never seem to get the puck past Martin Brodeur whenever we face the Devils. Because, well, we lost. I suppose, though, that at least we weren’t shut out since Sid got a goal. That’s better than a shutout.
Of course, it didn’t help that we kept getting bull crap of calls.
For instance, the five minute penalty on Craig for charging. When we all watched the review after the game, we were in complete shock. We knew during the game that it wasn’t a charging call. Heck, he didn’t deserve a penalty at all! The refs pissed me off. That could be why I shot a puck at one of their heads and was sent to the sin bin for it.
Woops, my bad for voicing my feelings that you guys are idiots.
Oh, and you can’t forget their third goal, in which a Devil’s player used his stick to knock Marc-Andre’s hand away from the puck. He would have got the puck from that and the refs called it a good goal. You look at the replay from behind the net- totally not a good goal. Could also be why I slashed Ilya Kovalchuk after that goal. Woopsies, I ended up in the sin bin once again.
And I’m usually the one who ever goes in the box, let along two in one game.
Don’t think I’m just releasing my anger. I am friends with one of the Devils, and even he said that some of the calls were completely wrong. Of course he was still happy that they won. Son of a devil. Haha... Devil.
The plane ride to Tampa was filled with arguing about the game. I just put in my ear buds and listened to my music. I really wasn’t in the mood to talk about it. Marc would prove my points if he wanted to.
Also, don’t tell any of them, especially not my brother and boyfriend, but my Achilles is flared up again. It’s proving to be quite painful, but I’m trying to pull through it. Hopefully tomorrow’s rest will clear it up.
We arrived in Tampa, and even though it was very late, the warm Florida air felt really good. Spring time was in the air, and that was clearly evident here, which only meant Playoffs were just around the corner. And boy were we feeling the desperation from some of these teams.
I tried hard not to limp or favor my foot, so I leaned against Marc as he walked hand-in-hand to make it look like I was just tired and using him for support. I’m terrible for not saying anything, I know, but if it isn’t better on Sunday, I won’t play. I’m not an idiot; I just don’t want to sit out unless I have to.
Max was walking on the other side of me as we headed into the hotel and I saw him watching me. “What?” I asked him, scared that he noticed my pain.
Max shook his head and picked up his stride. “Nothing.”
I looked at Marc-Andre and our eyes met, both of us looking confused. He shrugged. “It could be because you were fiery tonight.”He grinned.
I laughed and leaned against him more. “You liked it didn’t you.” I chuckled, teasing him.
Marc-Andre raised his eyebrows twice and I laughed some more. “My girl was on fire. Of course I liked it. Plus, you shocked all the Devils. They weren’t expecting it from you.”
I grinned happily as we followed Sid to our hotel room. Everyone always stays in the rooms with the same roommates, with an occasional shifting. “That’s because I’m awesome.” I replied jokingly as Sid opened the door.
My brother looked back at me and rolled his eyes. “No, you are just temperamental.”
I glared at him and flung my shoe at him since I was taking it off. He ducked and the blinked at me. “Sid, be nice.” Marc said, dropping his back and collapsing on the bed. “No tormenting tonight.”
I grinned cutely at my brother and sat down next to Marc, who already had his eyes closed. “She could have broken my nose.”
I rolled my eyes. “Oh please. I wouldn’t have tossed it if I knew you wouldn’t be able to dodge it. I wouldn’t hurt you.”
“Awww, you’re so sweet.” Sidney walked up to me and puckered his lips, trying to kiss me.
I laughed and put up my arms, trying to push him away but he pushed me to my back, which ended up on Marc-Andre’s belly. “Ewww! Brother kisses!” I said jokingly, as Marc laughed and my body shook with him.
Sidney collapsed on top of me, which meant that Marc had 340 pounds on top of his stomach. He grunted and I got my legs up against Sidney’s ribs and pushed against him. He eventually stood up and rubbed his ribs. “Ouch.” He said.
Marc-Andre sat up and rubbed his own. “Yeah, ouch.” He said, and then started to laugh and threw a pillow at Sid.
My eyes widened as Sid looked at Marc-Andre with a playfully evil look in his eyes. “Uh oh.” I said and ducked just in time as Sidney tossed a pillow at Marc, which hit him square in the face. I tried not to chuckle and crawled along the floor to the corner so I was out of the line of fire as the two guys charged at each other.
Marc-Andre is taller, but Sidney weighs more, so they were pretty equal when it came to wrestling. “You two are going to cause some commotion.” I said as they thumped to the ground. “I bet some people aren’t going to like this.”
Sidney growled at Marc, who was laughing and used his long legs to keep Sidney down. “It’s brotherly bonding.” Marc-Andre said, just as Sidney was able to use his powerful legs to get away.
“You two aren’t brothers.” I stated, looking towards the door, still sitting on the ground.
Sid was on top of one of the beds, watching as Marc took a break, lying on his back on the floor. “Hockey brothers.” He said, just as breathless as Marc. “And who knows, there’s a good chance we’ll be brothers one day.”
I blushed instantly, knowing that Sidney was getting at, but luckily I didn’t have to say anything since Marc-Andre sneaked around Sidney and threw a pillow at him.
A knock at the door turned my attention away from the two people I loved most in the world, and I crawled to the door. I opened it and Jordan looked down at me, his blue eyes blinking. “Why are you on the floor?” He asked, but I didn’t have to answer since a pillow flew into his face.
“Woops.” Sidney said as Marc-Andre was laughing his head off.
The pillow fell into my hands and Jordan looked pissed. I latched myself onto his leg like a child and he turned his gaze to me once again. “Save me from these loonies!” I said while laughing.
Jordan took the pillow and threw it at Sidney, who ducked and it hit the window. “Good job, get us in trouble why don’t you.” Sid joked as Jordan limped into the room with me clung to his leg. I’m not sure how he was able to walk like that, but it was fun for me.
“You guys were ridiculous.” He stated as I fled to the bed, hiding between it and the wall with my head peering over the top of the bed to watch.
“Join us, Jordan.” Marc-Andre said in French, which Jordan didn’t really understand, except for his name, and I was laughing my head off.
I will tell you all this now; nothing is more entertaining than hockey players having a pillow fight.
Jordan grabbed a pillow and charged at Marc-Andre. Marc used his amazing goalie skills to quickly get out of the way and Jordan ended up running into the wall because he had too much speed.
“Don’t hurt yourselves.” I said, ducking as a pillow came my way. “Hey! I am not a part of this!” I grumbled, only to get smacked in the face by a pillow. I glared at Jordan as he smiled. “Oh, it’s on Blondie.” I got up from my hiding place and jumped on the bed, ran and jumped to the next, and then tossed myself at Jordan.
He yelped as I collided with him, all 120 pounds of me crashing into him at full force. Jordan stumbled as my legs interlocked around him and Sid pushed him and we crashed to the bed. He fell on his stomach, which saved me because my body was on his back, but my legs got caught underneath him. I cringed and let out a whimper as I fell to the side and Jordan quickly sat up.
The loud laughing and fun we were just having halted and was replaced by a silence as I grabbed my right ankle and brought my knee to my chest.
Marc-Andre strode over quickly and Jordan stepped back, shocked, and Sid stood next to Jordan, a worried look in his eyes.
Marc leaned over me, one hand resting on my ankle over my hands, and the other by my head as he leaned over me on the bed. I bit my lip hard and tried to keep the tears from coming in my eyes. Marc was whispering to me, but I only shook my head in responses.
He stood up straight, took my ankle gently and straightened out my leg. I tilted my chin up and choked back a sob as Marc ordered Jordan to go get some ice, and Dan.
Sid sat down on the bed, next to my head, and brushed my hair back from my face as Marc-Andre kept his hands clasped securely around my ankle. The secured touch though, hurt like hell.
“Achilles?” Sidney asked me.
I couldn’t answer, but Marc-Andre knew the answer. “Yes.” I finally met his eyes, and even though he seemed so in control over the situation, the worry and fear shown in his eyes.
Jordan came in with Dan, and an ice pack, and they both rushed over. “This is not your season with injuries, is it hun?” Dan asked. I shook my head as Dan took a hold of my ankle and Marc sat on the other side of my on the bed. He took my hand and I squeezed his hand in pain.
Dan took off my sock and I felt his fingers touch my heel, where the Achilles was, as softly as he could, but I still squeaked in pain.
I squeezed my eyes shut as Dan put the ice on my heel. “I’m no doctor, but I can tell that you sprained it.” He said. “Rest for the night and we will see how you feel in the morning to see what we will do.” I nodded my head, eyes still closed, as Marc and Sid lifted me into a sitting position and my leg was out stretched.
Sidney grabbed some Ibuprofen as Dan left and I took the pills and leaned in Marc’s arms. Jordan was still standing a bit of a way away. “I’m so, so sorry Sierra.” He said, and the guilt was ridden all over his face.
Sidney shook his head and collapsed on his bed. “If it’s anyone’s fault, it’s mine.” He said. “I pushed you down.”
The two of them started to bicker back and forth and Marc-Andre and I looked at each other like they lost their minds. “Are they really fighting over whose fault it is?” I whispered to him, feeling well enough to speak since my heel was going numb because of the ice.
Marc-Andre shifted my carefully into his arms and we sat back in the bed, leaning against the headboard as he held me in his lap and rested his chin on the top of my head. “They are, love.” He replied back.
I looked around and grabbed my sock that Dan tossed on the side table, and tossed it at the two guys. They both looked at me. “It’s neither of your faults.” I said, not able to pick my voice up to high because of the pain. “It was an accident. And it was my own stupidity because I knew my heel was not in good shape.”
Marc took his chin off my head and turned my head to look at him. “You knew?” He asked.
I nodded my head. “It was feeling tense since after the game.” I admitted. “I was just going to rest it tonight, but I got caught up in the fun.” I lowered my eyes. “I’m sorry.”
Marc-Andre’s eyes softened and pulled me back against him. “If it was only tense, then I don’t blame you.” He said. “Usually after a heel injury it will because tense, but it’s usually fine after you rest it. Of course, you have to rest it.”
“I’m sorry.” I said again, feeling guilty. “I forgot about it.”
He caressed my hair and Sid was watching me. “You should have said something.” He said in his elder brother/captain voice.
I cringed and sunk against Marc, who looked over at Sid. “Sidney.” His voice held a warning. “Leave her alone. If it was only tense there would be nothing to worry about as long as it was rested.”
Jordan sat in a chair. “He is right. It’s not like it was real pain, right?” He asked, his eyes locked on me.
I nodded my head to confirm what Jordan said. Sidney looked at all of us and then dropped his eyes. “Fine. You’re right. She is my sister, so I’m more protective. Ok?”
Jordan cocked his head to the side. “No one ever said it was bad.” He reasoned. “You just can’t make her feel bad over it.”
Sid looked at me. “I’m sorry.”
I nodded my head. “Its fine, Siddy.” I said, using his nickname so he knew that I wasn’t angry with him. “It’s getting late.”
I rolled off of Marc-Andre’s lap and crawled under the covers, rearranging the band that kept the ice pack wrapped around my ankle. Marc sunk into the bed next to me and I snuggled against him as Sid turned on the TV.
I patted the bed next to me and Jordan blinked in surprise. “Come on. It’s late, might as well as relax.” I said.
Jordan walked cautiously over and laid down next to me, on top of the covers though. My head rested on Marc’s chest, laying on my side, and I fiddled with Jordan’s hair as I closed my eyes. I felt Marc’s lips on my head. “Goodnight, sweetheart.” He whispered.
My iced ankle rested against Marc’s leg. “You’re not cold, are you Marcy?” I asked quietly.
I’m pretty sure he shook his head, although I couldn’t see it with my eyes closed. “No love, just get some sleep.”
I nodded. “I love you.” I twirled Jordan’s hair around my finger and heard Sid mumble from the other bed, and I knew he fell asleep.
“Je t’aime.” He replied back, laying on his side and wrapping his arm around me, pulling me close, his body curling with mine.
I stopped playing with Jordan’s hair as he was out of my reach that would be comfortable for me. I was almost asleep, but I heard what Jordan said before he left the bed to more than likely kick Sidney from taking the whole bed as his own. “You are going to be a great mother someday Sierra, the way you settle quarrels and make everyone feel better.” He whispered, and I was asleep before I knew if he said anything else.