Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Max Has A Death Wish!

Practice was a lot of fun. I wasn’t allowed to practice, but my doctor said I got the go-ahead to skate as long as my heel was feeling fine. Which it was. It was still a little tense, but I’m not walking with a limp or cringing as I skate. That is always a good sign.
I was in my skating sweatpants and an oversized hoodie that was probably Sidney’s since I stole a sweater of his about three years ago, with my now past-shoulder-blades length hair tied back in a high ponytail with my glasses on while and I skated laps slowly around the ice, making sure to stay out of everyone’s way.
The team was throwing pucks at Johnny furiously, as we tend to do in practices, and I skated backwards to watch them. I heard Marc-Andre talking and I turned around to face him, my head cocked to the side. “Are you talking to your posts again?” I joked with a smile.
Marc-Andre laughed and stood up straight, lifting his helmet up. “Why, yes I was. They were talking about you and I was getting frustrated with them.” I could plainly see the amusement and playfulness on his face.
I did a figure eight near him and skated backwards afterwards. “Oh, really now?” I asked, smiling at him. “What are they saying about me?”
“Oh, just that you are the most beautiful and sexy girl they have ever seen.”
I outright laughed. “My, my. It would seem that your posts have an infatuation with me.” I said with a grin, halting in front of Marc.
Marc skated forward and came right up against me. He looked down at me with his soft, dark eyes. “It seems they do. But I don’t think I can disagree with them.” He said softly. “Of course, having them checking you out is a little strange.”
I tilted my head back and laughed and Marc-Andre pulled me close against him. “I think I’ll have to have a conversation with those posts of yours.” I chuckled.
Marc took off his catching glove and took my chin under his finger and tilted my head to look up at him. “I don’t think you do. It gives me something to think about when I’m standing down here, lonely as our team has the puck at the other end.” He whispered, and then leaned forward.
Just as our lips were about to touch, Dan called from center ice. “Sierra! Marc!” We pulled away quickly, both of us blushing.
“Sorry, sir.” I said, skating away from Marc, noticing as he winked at me. I smiled inwardly and did a have axel in the air, landing on my good foot, before heading down the runway to the locker room.

I put my skates away just as all of the guys started coming in. Matt walked up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder, his breath close to my neck. “Little too much heat on that ice out there.” He said, and I jumped and blushed, refusing to turn around to look at him so he wouldn’t notice.
Matt walked away and I felt a hand smack my butt. I shrieked and whipped around to face Max. “Excuse me, you invaded my personal bubble!” I yelled, smacking him across his head since him helmet was still on.
He laughed and patted my head as I stuck my tongue out at him. “Sorry sweetheart, but I couldn’t help it. A couple of posts told me to do it for them.”
My jaw dropped. “You terrible, horrible, atrocious eavesdropper!”
Max raised an eyebrow. “Don’t those all mean the same thing?” He asked and I glowered at him. “Ok, ok. I’m sorry. But you two were in a public place for all to hear.”
I snorted and then pushed him slightly. “Go away before I kick your ass in NHL tonight.” I said with a smirk, which he returned with a glare.
Alexei walked up to me since our lockers were close to each other. “Are you guys always like that?” He asked, unsure showing in his voice.
I smiled at him. “Besides the butt-smacking, yes, that is pretty normal for us. We always play fight. It sort of gets us fired up so we tend to perform better on the ice. Just like Marc’s and Max’s ritual of smacking each other just before they enter the ice. It pumps us up.”
Poni nodded slowly. “Ok. It just seems… mean. Like you guys hate each other.”
I shook my head and sat on the bench below my locker. “Nope. It’s just a thing we do. Like our own personal ritual. I love the guy, even if he does drive me crazy.”
Poni laughed. “Alright. You could always have Flower beat him up more in their game ritual if he gets on your nerves too much.”
I smiled evilly. “I never thought of that before.” I said, the evil spreading into my eyes.
He laughed nervously. “Oops, maybe I shouldn’t have mentioned that.”
I shook my head. “Oh, trust me, you should have.”
Poni walked away, and I could tell he was now nervous as I watched Max torment Kris. For some reason, Kris was Max’s favorite to tease and play pranks on. Maybe because Kris doesn’t have a sense of humor when the pranks are on him. But if they are on anyone else, oh is he laughing.
I turned to find Marc-Andre amongst the team of hockey players, and spotted him reaching up to grab his hat from the top shelf of his locker. Max snuck over and pinched his butt and I glared, feeling my face turn red with anger. Marc turned around and started hitting Max with his hat while the two laughed.
I stalked up to the two of them and shoulder slammed Max, which knocked him off balance. He stumbled and Marc placed his hand on my arm and I put my body between them. “What if with you and touching everyone’s butt’s today?” I asked, but didn’t give him a chance to reply. “Never, ever touch my man’s ass. Do you understand?” I growled.
Marc-Andre was laughing behind me as Max looked shocked and confused. “Umm… Sorry Erra.” He put his hands up in surrender. “I didn’t mean to upset you.”
I placed my hands on my hips and looked at Max squarely. “That French booty belongs to me. No-touchie.”
Marc-Andre was laughing once again and even Max started to chuckle. Brent, who happened to walk by, looked at us like we were crazy. “Ok, Sierra. I shall not touch him again.” He said, but added in French, “When you aren’t around.”
I took Marc’s hat off of his head and whacked Max with it. “Ow!” He said, rubbing his arm while laughing. I don’t think Marc could breathe.
Mark, who was standing nearby was also laughing his head off at the “abuse”. “I know and speak French too, you know. Remember?”
Max shook his head. “Oh yeah, I forgot.” He grinned.
“No you didn’t, you wanted her to hear.” Marc-Andre said, putting his arm around my waist.
Max laughed and Mark walked by again. “Looks to me like Max wanted to get chewed out by our precious Sierra.” He said with a grin.
“Oh, hush Eaton.” Max said. “What do you know?”
“That you were trying to rile her up. Sometime’s your teasing ideas are not the smartest.” Mark walked away, leaving Max to his thoughts since Marc and I snuck away while Mark was teasing Max.

Marc-Andre’s PoV:
I laced my hand around her waist as we headed out to the truck. I was surprised when Sierra walked up and went off on Max, but I could tell from her body language that she was having fun with it.
It made me extremely happy that she stood up to keep Max from being his usual prankster self. The fact she could tear him down and get an apology out of him always blew me away; she is a remarkable woman.
Didn’t she mention something about Max and invading other’s personal spaces?
Oh, he was going to get it if he dresses at tomorrow’s game.
My hand gripped slightly more tightly at her hip as I thought about Max touching my girl. She looked up at me curiously, her beautiful hazel eyes holding a silent question that I could read. “Nothing, my love.” I said softly to her in my native language.
The smile I loved most spread across her delicate lips. “If you say so.” She replied while resting her head on my shoulder.
We walked up to my Escalade. “No freaking way.” I mumbled. Apparently I made the mistake in parking in a place I can’t back get out of from behind. With Sidney’s car Range Rover on one side, and Staal’s on the other, it left only one way to get out…
And the only out that Max blocked with his own vehicle.
Sierra cocked her head to the side; her dark chocolate brown hair fell to one side. The gentle curls blowing softly in the gentle breeze. “He must have a death wish.” She said with a hint on amusement in her gentle voice.
I sighed and shook my head. “He must.” I said, meeting her eyes as she looked up at me.
She looked down the street to where her brother was coming from, trying to avoid a mob of fans, but I kept my eyes on her. To me, she was the most beautiful person, or anything, in the entire world- both inside and out. I loved her with all my heart and plus so much more. She is the one person I can trust everything to, and the one person I want to be with forever.
She is my other half; my soul-mate.

Sierra’s PoV:
Max was going to get himself in so much trouble.
Not only was parking in front of the car illegal, but the fact that he is also blocking Sidney’s Range Rover so he couldn’t get out either. Sid was going to be pissed.
10 points for Sierra! When Sid came out and noticed, he glared viciously at Max’s car like he wanted to throw it into the lake nearby. “Try not to kill him when he comes out.” I told my brother.
Sid looked at me, our hazel eyes latching onto each other. “I think I’ll have to put him back in his cage.”
Marc-Andre laughed and I bit my lip to keep from laughing. “Siddy, that isn’t very nice.” I said, trying hard not to laugh.
Sidney shrugged. “I wasn’t the one who gave him that nickname.” He stated matter-of-factly.
“No, but it still isn’t nice.” Marc said, clearly on my side. I smiled happily and nodded towards Jordan as he strolled up.
Jordan looked at our predicament. “Hmm, Talbot is chatting with some of the guys inside still.” He said, leaning against Max’s car. “He is probably doing it on purpose to leave you guys out here as long as possible.”
“Well he better get out here soon, before Sidney’s explodes.” I stated, looking at my brother.
Sidney tapped his foot impatiently. “He is going to make me late for my date with my girlfriend.” He growled, and I finally understood why he was so upset.
I entwined my fingers with Marc-Andre’s. “Jenna won’t mind. I’m pretty sure she will laugh once you tell her. She loves Max’s jokes.”
Sidney sighed and then smiled. “Yeah, I suppose she will. She finds everything he does hilarious.” We all chuckled and Jordan sneaked away.
I turned around, twisting my right foot awkwardly so I had to hop as the pain in my Achilles went away, and the scolded Jordan. “Oh uh uh, you are not going anywhere!” I said, and Jordan moaned as we all laughed and waited for Max, discussing on what we will do to him to get back at him.