Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Realizations

The parade had ended, and we all started to go our seperate ways to go home. Only a few of us went back to Mario's house. Those of us who were at Mario's house were crowded into the guest dorm's living room.
I sat between Sidney and Marc-Andre, leaning against Sidney as I listened to the guys talk and talk about the past year, the Stanley Cup, and their upcoming summer.
Marc eventually got up at one point and disappeared for while.
I was thinking about where he could have went, and what we was doing when he came back. I got a big woof of a scent that smelled a lot like pizza.
Curiously, I looked back behind the couch, and there he was, eating pizza. My stomach growled at the sight of it and Marc-Andre must have read the look on my face.
As he sat up at the high table in the corner of the living room, he beckoned me over. "Venez joignez-moi." He called quietly. I gave him a questioning look but I got up and walked over. He smiled softly at me. "Sit down." He said, beckoning to the chair across from him. I hopped up into the chair. (Yes, hopped. Its one of those tall tables with tall chairs that I happen to be quite short for.)
Marc-Andre took his piece of pizza and then handed the plate piled with pizza over to me. I gratefully took a piece and took a huge bite of it. Marc-Andre laughed and I swallowed. "Thank you." I said to him, our eyes meeting and I felt my cheeks flush, but I didn't know why.
Jordan came over and took a piece for himself and Marc-Andre said to me, "You're welcome. I could hear your stomach growl from here." He said, a hint of amusement in his thickly accented voice. That only made my blush more.
Of course, due to my slightly fair skin, Marc-Andre noticed and I quickly looked down to the pizza I was digging my teeth into. I avoided his eyes, but I could sense the softness of the look. I could see he was hesitating on saying something, so he took another bite of his own pizza.
"Hey! You two planning on sharing the pizza over there? Or are you two having your own little date?" Called Max, and I was really wishing he went home. I felt my whole body turn warm as I flushed a right red.
Thankfully, Marc-Andre didn't seem to take any notice. He pointed to the kitchen. "There is still plently in the kitchen." He said to Max, and Max immediately dashed into the kitchen. The rest of the guys followed, although Sidney hesitated before wondering with them.
My 'thankfully' wasn't as hopeful as I thought. As soon as Marc-Andre turned back to me, his finger lifted my chin to look at him. I tried to avoid his eyes, but it didn't work too well.
"You shouldn't let him embarress you so much. He just likes to play around." He said gently, almost forcing me to meet his eyes. I wanted to pull away from his touch under my chin, but at the same time I didn't.
I realized that he was waiting for me to say something. So I nodded. "I know." I said, my voice barely a whisper.
Marc pulled away. I felt myself shiver slightly as his touch disappeared. He had a soft smile and I quickly took a bite of my pizza.
The guys seemed to pile out of the kitchen, carrying as much pizza as they could. Men can sure eat.
Marc-Andre took a sip of whatever drink he had and said quietly to me, "I don't mean to embarress you either." I blinked in surprise and he sat back.
"Hey Flower! Come join us over here." Jordan called, and I had the urge to smack him.
But, as it turned out, Marc is the total gentleman that I know he is. "Alright." He said, and then beckoned me to go ahead of him. He took a soft hold on my hand as I hopped from the chair. I looked at him as he let go and motioned me to go join the group. I did as he wanted and he followed.
I walked over to Sidney, stepping purposely on Max's back since he was laying on his belly on the ground, and sat down next to him on the floor. The couch was quite full.
Sidney took a big gulp from his drink and before he could put it down, I took it from his hand and sipped it. It was water, so I drank some more. "Hey, try not to drink it all." He said and I handed the glass back to him.
"Sorry." I muttered to him as Marc-Andre sat down on the other side of me, so I was between Sidney and him once again. It seemed to be a place I have been in for the last few months.
Marc-Andre lounged back against the couch, his left arm stretched back behind me and Sidney.
"Look, they are talking about us on the news." Jordan said, turning up the volume.
"The Penguin's had quite a showup at the parade today, but who can blame them! They are now champions, the kids we looked at when they came in as teenagers now blossomed into champion men." The reporter said, and a lot of chuckling came from the guys. The reporter went on describing the scenes of our parade, and showed multiple videos.
One video had zoomed in on me when I was talking to that little girl, signing the jersey just for her. "Hey, it's the Princess." Max said. I tuned him out to listen to the reporter.
"The talented and extremly special Miss. Sierra Crosby had talked to and helped out a fan who you think would have been missed within the crowd, being only 7 years old." I was stunned at what the reporter was saying about me. "The gorgeous hockey player went out of her way to personally talk to the little girl, and encourage the girl to follow her dreams. We were able to talk to her mother."
I recognized the little girls mother as she came onscreen. "I was completly shocked. I mean, it was such a gift to be able to be there at all. And then Miss. Crosby came up just to speak with my little daughter." She shook her head. "It is just unbelieveable. This is something my daughter will be able to charish forever."
By the end of the interview, my jaw was dropped open. The guys had started to clap as the reporter came back and started to talk more about the parade.
"Looks like Princess is quite a sweetheart." Max said, and I could see Marc-Andre look at him through the corner of my eye.
I was just stunned. "I didn't think I did anything special. I just saw her standing there, she looked so happy but so sad... so I went over."
Sidney smiled at me. "You are a good person, Sierra." He said and I smiled a bit.
"She is great." Marc-Andre said, and I could feel myself blush slightly again, especially since I noticed he said is, not was.
"Thanks." I said to everyone. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I opened it up to see a text from my best friend back in Nova Scotia, Jenna.
The text read Sierra! I hope you are getting home soon, I need to see ya! Congrats on the Cup! To you and Sid. Hope to see you soon! I grinned and smiled at the text.
I texted her back saying we were coming home tomarrow; Sid just got the tickets.
I thought about going home. Marc-Andre was going to be on the same flight as ours; The plane is landing halfway between our homes. I suddenly felt sad, but I tried to shake it off.
Sidney looked at his watch. "It's getting late guys. Erra, Marc, and I need to get up at an ok time tomarrow to get to the airport." He said. He turned to Marc-Andre. "You have all your stuff here right."
He nodded. "Yeah." He said, his voice almost hinted some sadness. He stood up and I looked up at him. He held out his hand and I took it. He pulled me up to my feet.
Max and Jordan got up too. The both hugged me. "Have a good flight." They said to us and we thanked them before heading off to our rooms.
Sidney stopped in front of his room and turned to look at me and Marc-Andre. "I'm setting the alarm for 6, so if you guys want, I can just wake you up." He said.
Marc-Andre nodded. "I probably won't sleep much anyways, but alright."
I agreed. "Yes please." I said, with a slight smile and Sidney laughed.
"I think I'll wake you up first, since you are next to impossible to get up in the mornings." He said, and my grin only got bigger.
"You know it." I said to him. "I've always been this way." I said slyly.
Sidney and Marc-Andre both laughed and Sid turned into his room. "Good night. See you both in the morning." He said, closing his door.
I started to walk to my room, Marc-Andre followed; considering his room is across from mine.
I was walking into my room when Marc-Andre gently touched my arm. "Sierra..." He whispered.
I turned around and raised my eye brow at him. His dark brown eyes were soft, and sad. I blinked in surprise just as the sadness disappeared. "You really are..." He hesitated, but seemed to convince himself to contine. "That was really great what you did. And I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable."
I shook my head softly. "Th...thank you." I replied to the first part of what he said. The other part made my heart beat faster. "You..." I hestitated myself. "You didn't make me uncomfortable." I said to him. "I just, I feel like I get really shy..." I was about to say around you, but I stopped myself.
It seemed to make him feel better. "Alright, I just didn't want things to be...strange with us." He said, with a slight smile, that I returned. "Goodnight, Erra. Sweet dreams, I'll see you in the morning."
"Goodnight, Marc-Andre." I said and was shocked when he leaned down and kissed my forehead before turning into his own room.
I walked into my room and closed the door. I leaned against the door as the realization hit me.
I was falling for Marc-Andre Fleury.