Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

The Long Awaited Question

We decided to watch the game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals since the Blackhawks could possibly win it, and a lot of the Blackhawks were our friends. I swore when Hartnell scored to take it to overtime and I hoped that someone would put his face into the boards- hey, I’m a Penguin, and therefore I naturally hate them.
Same with the three other people around me.
I knew that the puck was in the net, even if the others and everyone else didn’t, because of my acute eyesight at being able to see such things. I jumped to me feet and cheered, sending a quick text to the Blackhawks that are my friends and Marc put his hand on my hip. “Are you sure?” He asked.
I nodded and then the other three started to cheer as well. They knew about my ability to see such things, so they trusted me.
We had a small mini party with the sparkling grape juice that I bought and we all ended up crashing downstairs.
I woke up curled in Marc’s arms and yawned, noticing that Sidney and Jenna were already awake since they weren’t on the other couch. I heard a familiar voice in the kitchen and sat up suddenly, not really able to see anything because my glasses weren’t on. I reached for them and put them on, only to blink because they were Marc-Andre’s, not mine. I grabbed mine and then tickled Marc-Andre slightly to wake him up.
He woke up chuckling. “Morning, love.” He said in French, and I kissed his forehead.
“Get up, lazy bum.” I yawned. “Someone’s here.”
Marc-André squinted and put on his glasses, following me into the kitchen. I recognized the brown haired girl whose back was to me; I’d recognize it anywhere. “Emmy!” I cried happily, rushing to her and pulling her into a hug.
Emelie laughed, but I could see the bags under her eyes. “Erra! I missed ya even though I just saw you a week ago.” She chuckled, and then said hello to Marc-Andre. “Hey there, goalie extraordinaire.
Marc chuckled awkwardly. “Not really, not this year.” He said, his arm slipping around my waist.
“Nah,” Emelie said with a smile. “You’ll always be the best goaltender in my books.” She looked at me with a smile.
I returned it, but it didn’t ease the worry away. “Is everything ok? It looks like you haven’t slept in a while.”
“I’m fine. I just wanted to see you guys before I left for a little while to take care of some business.” She said with a smile. I saw something in her eyes, but I couldn’t figure out what it was.
“So we won’t see you at Jordan’s in a couple weeks then?” Sidney asked, handing everyone a mug of hot chocolate.
Emelie smiled sympathetically. “I’m sorry, but no. I’m going to be really busy.”
“Aww, I was hoping to spend time with you.” Jenna said, pouting. I agreed with her.
“At least keep in touch, ok?” I told her, and she nodded.
Emmy hugged me and Jenna tightly. “I’m going to miss you guys, but I should really go. I hope you guys all take care. I’ll always love you.”
We all said our goodbyes, but I had an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I pushed the thoughts and feeling away.
I began to make some waffles as Sid and Jenna began to discuss their plans for the day. “Sierra, can we take your car for the day?” Sid asked. “It’s easier to drive a round Halifax.”
I scoffed at my brother. “Oh please, don’t lie to me. I know you only want it because my car is less valuable and since you’ll be in Halifax; you don’t want to risk your precious car to get messed up because people tend to be careless.” He looked guilty. “Go on, take it.” I threw him the keys.
A look of surprise spread across my brother’s face. “Thanks, Erra.” He said, a grin finally forming. “What are you guys doing today?” He asked, staring at my boyfriend who kept pacing.
I watched Marc-Andre, curious to why he couldn’t sit still. “I’m not sure. Anything you want to do, hon?” I asked Marc.
He finally stopped pacing and smiled at me. “Whatever you want, my dear.” He said, his accent thick. “I would like to do something special tonight though. If you don’t mind.”
I smiled at him and slipped into his arms, stretching up on my toes to kiss him softly. “If you have something planned, then I’m all for it.”
Marc kissed back and smiled. “Ok.” He said, kissing my forehead.
“Ok, you can take my car if you want to go somewhere.” Sid said, smiling and reaching for his wallet.
I laughed. “Good, because I was going to take it with your permission or not.” I said while laughing, the two men joining in with me.
Jenna strolled down the stairs, my cat on her heels, in a really pretty but casual outfit. I nodded and winked at her. She laughed and shook her head. “I’m ready. Now let’s go before something else comes up and we get postponed, again.”
Sidney laughed and I helped to shoo them out of the door. They gave me a look but I smiled and waved, closing the door once I watched them leave the driveway. “Finally!” I exclaimed, smiling at Marc who was leaning against the doorway of the kitchen. “It’s just us.” I grinned.
Marc-Andre walked up to me, his arms wrapping around my waist. I pressed my body against his as his lips came down upon mine gently, and then more passionately.
I smiled through the kiss and sighed happily once Marc pulled away. “Let’s have some us time, baby.” He said with a smile, and I reached up to kiss his nose.
“Alright, just let me get dressed.” I said, skipping up the stairs while being very aware of my boyfriend’s eyes upon my back.

Marc-Andre and I did everything together. We cooked lunch together, making a huge mess, and ate it from the pot. We watched a movie as well, snuggling close and enjoying the others company. We took one of the little row boats out on the lake at around 4 and did some “fishing”. More like just laughing at each other because we couldn’t catch squat and eventually gave up around the evening. We ended up tipping the boat over when trying to get back to the dock, and we were laughing so hard that both of us were crying.
Luckily, I brought some towels outside just in case, and we placed on towel on the ground in the back yard and then laid next to each other. Marc wrapped one arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder, eating some nachos that I brought outside as we watched the sunset. I was a little worried when he didn’t eat anything, considering he is a hockey player and should eat like a pig all the time, but we were so relaxed that it eased out of my mind.
We talked about pretty much everything as we watched the sun set, and then Marc-Andre pulled me to my feet as the stars began to show themselves. A cool breeze brushed past us and that just made Marc hold me closer to him, as we danced to the music that I put on not long earlier.
“I love you, Sierra.” Marc said in English, and then he said it in French.
“I love you too, Marc-Andre.” I replied with a smile as I looked up at him. “The stars are so beautiful tonight, are they not?”
Marc kissed me forehead. “But never as beautiful as you are, my sweet.” He said quietly, and I giggled. I felt him rest his chin on my head. “Do you believe in wishing upon a star?” He asked softly.
I shrugged. “It depends. I suppose as a girl, I always wish that the stars could grant a wish.” I said just as softly as him.
Marc-Andre pulled away from me and smiled down at me. I cocked my head to the side as I noticed slight anticipation in his beautiful dark eyes. “Close your eyes,” he said soothingly. I did as I was told, smiling. His lips touched mine. “Make a wish upon the stars, ma vie.” He whispered in my ear before I felt him pull away.
I wish to be with you forever, my one and only love.
Marc took my hands and the sight that I saw before me when I opened my eyes took my breath away. Marc-Andre was kneeling down before me on one knee. Nerves and excitement showed in his eyes as he took out a delicate ring box from his pocket and opened it to reveal the most beautiful ring that I have ever seen. It’s so beautiful that there are no words to describe it. “Oh, my God.” I said breathlessly.
“Sierra,” Marc began, his voice shaking, slipping into French. “My wish to the stars is to be with you forever, and I hope that you feel the same way. I now we have only been dating for a year, but we were such great friends before that that I don’t think it matters that it has only been one year.” He took a deep breath and my breath was caught in my throat. “Sierra, I have loved you for four years. You are everything to me. I don’t think I would be able to survive if you were not by my side. I love you more than life itself, and I want to spend all of my life with you. I want you by my side every day and every night. I want to have children with you and grow old with you. Sierra Rose Crosby, will you marry me?”
I bit my lip and felt tears fall from my eyes down my cheek. “Yes, Marc-Andre Fleury. I would be happier than ever to marry you. Everything you said is the same way I feel.” I laughed joyously. “Yes, yes, yes.”
Marc-Andre grinned ecstatically and took the ring out of the box and took my hand. He slid off the promise ring that he gave me back on Valentine’s Day, and put on the most beautiful ring in the world to replace it. “It’s so beautiful, Marc.” I said as he slipped it onto my ring finger.
“I needed something that represented your beauty. I realized that I would never find a ring as beautiful as you, so I had to settle with one that represented at least a little bit.” He said, standing up and pulling me into his arms.
“Oh, Marc.” I said, tears still in my eyes.
He wiped my tears away and bent down, his lips touching mine gently. As gentle as it was, the kiss poured the love that we felt for each other. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me up, and my legs went around his waist. “I love you so much, Sierra, my fiancé.” He whispered in French, his lips along my jaw.
I dipped my head back with a blissful smile. “I love you so much too, Marc-Andre, my future husband.”
Marc laughed and spun me around. I squealed in delight before his lips were on my neck, kissing softly. He sat me back down on the towel that we were using as a blanket, and hovered over me. I could see the pure love in his eyes, even in the dimly lit yard.
He brushed my hair out of my face and then his lips crashed down on mine powerfully. I gasped in surprise, and almost immediately recovered as his tongue asked permission to my mouth. I moaned as I granted it.
I wrapped my legs around his waist as he hovered over me, and I pulled him closer to me, intensifying the kiss. A moan escaped his lips as his body pressed down upon mine, but I held him there, not wanting this moment to end.
I was engaged.
I just got engaged to the greatest man in the world; the man that I loved more than anything else.
At this moment, I am the happiest person in the entire world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sierra's ring:
http://ringoblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/paradiso-engagement-ring.jpg