Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Beach!

We actually did end up going to a beach.
It was a beautiful, private beach alongside one of Canada’s many, many lakes, and the sand was a beautiful tan and the water crystal clear.
However, the water was cold.
“Holy hell!” Jenna squealed when she jumped off the dock that was there and into the water. She was the guinea pig to test how cold it was. “It’s freezing!”
“Would someone like to inform me on why I’m not surprised?” I mumbled.
Marc-Andre wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close against him. “Maybe because it’s Canada?”
I chuckled. “That could be it.”
The two of us watched as Marc and Jared cannonballed into the cold lake water, both surfacing with a look like a deer caught in the headlights. I laughed hard at them as Jenna muttered an ‘I told you so’ to them as Sidney followed them in, laughing. Being Sid, he didn’t care that it was cold. It was very amusing.
Eric and Tanya were taking care of Parker, who was being fussy at the moment, and Jordan was stretched out on a towel, sunbathing.
Marc and I both looked at each other and grinned. “The seadoos!” We yelled, both racing to a seadoo that the Staal’s had brought with us.
I got to it first and hopped on, turning on the engine with a wide grin.
“Oh, God! My sister is in charge of a motor vehicle!” Sidney laughed.
I stuck my tongue out at him and drove the seadoo up to where he and the other three were. “What? You think I’ll crash this like I crashed my car last year?” He nodded. “Ass!” I yelled, turning the seadoo and going off at full speed so the water would come up and splash over him like a huge wave.
I was dying laughing as Sidney coughed up water and Marc drove his own seadoo up beside me. “That was cold,” he chuckled.
I winked at him. “You know it, mon amour.”
We grinned at each other and then decided to have a race across the lake. He cheated and started before Eric called the countdown, but I still won anyways.
“Marc-Andre Fleury, you little cheater!” I laughed as he finally stopped next to me.
He just grinned cutely and I wished I could lean over and kiss him. “You still won, Sierra,” he joked.
“Yeah, well, I didn’t want to lose to my fiancé.” I giggled, pushing my wet hair out of my face.
We both just sat on the seadoos, looking up at the beautiful skyline. I could faintly hear the others laughing across the lake, but it was really peaceful where we were. A fish jumped in the air right in front of me and I stared in awe at it just before Marc pointed out an eagle that was high in the sky.
“Beautiful,” I whispered and Marc agreed beside me.
I’m not exactly sure how long we stayed in that spot for, but our hungry stomachs forced us to go back to the other side of the lake where our friends and family awaited us.
We parked the seadoos at the dock and Marc-Andre had to help me get onto the dock because I couldn’t get close enough to jump from the seadoo onto the wood. I may be a hockey player, but I’m surely not that tall.
We all ate our sandwiches together and I held Parker afterwards because Tanya and Eric wanted to take the motorboat out on the lake without having to worry about their son. So I sat next to Jordan as everyone else went to do something in or on the water.
“How’s my tan coming along?” He joked next to me.
I looked over at him as Parker cooed and he opened one blue eye to look at me, a goofy smile playing his lips. “What tan? You’re as white as this kid’s bare bottom,” I joked back, causing him to frown. “I’m kidding, Jordan!” I laughed. “You’re tanner than I am, therefore you succeed.”
“You and Flower need to sit in the sun more.”
“Oh, shut up.” I scowled, fixing Parker’s hat. “Have you heard from Emelie lately?” I blurted out, eyes widening at what I said.
Of course, that question caused him to sit up. “No, not since she said that she had some business to take care of,” he replied, his blue eyes bearing into my hazel ones. “I thought she would have at least been talking to you. She hasn’t even been talking to Max, and they roomed together.”
I licked my lips and handed Parker a toy shovel to play with. Being so young, though, he sort of just patted it on the ground. “No, I haven’t spoken to her since she stopped by our place after the Playoffs.”
I could feel Jordan’s eyes staring through me as I focused on Parker. “Do you know why she left in the first place?” He asked. I shook my head in reply and he sighed. “Why do I have a bad feeling about this?”
“I don’t know, Jordan,” I replied honestly. “But I have a bad feeling about this too. I’m going to have Sidney talk with Max when they go down to Pittsburgh for the announcement of the Winter Classic.”
Jordan laid back down next to me. “I don’t think he knows anything.”
“I don’t think so either, Jor,” I replied, my voice thick. Luckily, Parker required my full attention so our conversation broke off.

We stayed to watch the beautiful sunset at the beach before packing everything up. The boys, minus Jordan, helped get the motorboat and the seadoos latched to the back of the truck while Tanya, Jenna, and I stood around and waited.
Marc would be driving the truck back with Jordan and Jared, and the rest of us packed into the SUV with Eric driving. There was just enough room for all of us, even with Parker’s carrier.
We ended up beating the three Staal brothers home, and I headed up the stairs to take a shower. When I came out, Marc-Andre was walking around the room, shirtless. “On my side of the bed on the floor,” I chuckled, knowing exactly what shirt he was looking for.
Marc looked up to me and grinned before grabbing the shirt. “Thank you, ma chérie.” He smiled while pulling on his shirt.
We headed downstairs together, and I noticed that everyone had a shower. “The others still aren’t here?” I asked as I noticed that the three boys were still gone and I didn’t hear the shower on upstairs.
Jenna looked over and nodded. “They might have stopped somewhere.”
“Jordan’s with them, so I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s like a kid sometimes.” Sidney added, and I chuckled.
I sat down on the loveseat and Marc-Andre joined me. I leaned into him as his arm wrapped around me, holding me close to him.
“What does everyone want to watch?” Eric asked as Tanya left to put Parker to bed. “The movies are in the pull out drawer on the bottom.”
Jenna was the one who went through all the movies. We finally all agreed on Knocked Up. Apparently, even though the Staal’s own it, no one has ever seen it. So it was an obvious choice. It was extremely funny too, which was a plus.
Jenna fell asleep only an hour after the movie had started and Tanya was mainly on her laptop. I couldn’t really blame my friend though for sleeping; the day at the beach was tiring. It always is.
I was about to drift off myself when I heard my phone going off in the kitchen. I quickly ran to grab it and rolled my eyes when Jordan’s name flashed on the caller ID.
I answered it quickly. “Jordan Lee Staal, where the hell are you?” I asked, sounded very much like his mother.
“Is this Sierra?” An unfamiliar voice asked on the other line.
I was so taken aback that I only gaped at first before finally answering. “Um, yes, it is,” I replied carefully, feeling extremely confused. “Why?”
“Miss Sierra, I looked on Mr. Staal’s phone and saw that you were his first I.C.E contact.” My heart began to drop and I felt panic rising in my chest. My breath caught and I was completely unprepared for what the man on the other line said next.“I’d rather not tell you, but, Jordan and his brothers got into a serious car crash on the highway.”