Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Shedding The Distance

I did play the opening game, and despite the loss, it was so much fun. I didn’t have a whole lot of ice time, since my hip was still bothering me a bit, but I had to pick up some slack since we were losing players to injury.
And more, and more of them.
And then the fans begin to lose faith in my Marc.
Sure, he isn’t playing his best, but we aren’t playing well in front of him. Why? I don’t know, when we seem to be playing great in front of Johnny. I don’t understand why we aren’t playing the same way.
Oh wait, I do know.
Consistency.
We need to play with consistency, which we have not been playing with. So now, because of us, my fiance is mad at himself and he’s been in a pretty bad mood for the past few days.
I blame my teammates, and I blame the fans.
Before you all start to lose faith in him, why don’t you look at the replays, and see the guys who are supposed to help support Marc-Andre. I’ll admit that I wasn’t plaything the best either, but this is not his fault.
I hope you all realize that, because I’m beginning to get really sick of hearing that Marc-Andre Fleury is losing his touch and losing the faith in the fans.
I’m also getting really sick of the bad mood he’s in.
At home, he’s trying to be himself, by playing with the cat and snuggling up to watch TV at night or in bed while reading a book, but I see right through him. He’s upset, and I blame myself, my team, and all of you fans who say shit about him.
Can you tell I’m mad?
You would be too.
Then it only got so much better when Jordan took a puck that I shot in the hand, and his hand broke when we was going to play the next game.
My anger now turns to guilt.
Yes, I am not having a good time the past few weeks.
Now, at home, not only is Marc-Andre upset, but I am in my own slump from being upset. And I was playing pretty well, racking up a couple goals and a few handfuls of assists.
I think Marc-Andre was fed up with us.
“Sierra, come on.” He said in French very sternly.
I looked up at him in surprise, my hazel eyes meeting his dark ones. He was in his fall coat, and as usual, a hat. “What?” I asked, confused.
He took my arm and pulled me to my feet. He grabbed my coat from the closet, and helped me put it on while I slipped on my shoes. “Let’s go.”
I was still shocked by his tone of voice as he pulled me out of the house and led me down to the sidewalk, where he began to lead me down to...somewhere.
“Marc, where are we going?”
“You’ll see.”
I licked my lips and my arm looped around his as we walked, mostly in silence. I glanced a look at him, and he had a straight face. It really didn’t suit him. The smile that I loved so much, and missed, belonged on his face.
He led me through the little forest that was by our house, and it opened up to a small park. There were no children around here, so the park was empty.
I looked up at my fiance in confusion.
“I might not start tomorrow,” he said in French, not looking at me. He focused on something in the park. “But I’m getting real tired of sulking around like this. I’m tired of seeing you upset because I’m being a stupid idiot. I’m tired of hurting you by pretending to be something I’m not when you can see right through me.” He finally looked at me, still speaking in French. I was glad he was. “And I’m tired of you blaming yourself for Jordan’s hand. It is not your fault, Sierra. He was trying to block a shot and it hit his hand wrong. It could have been anyones shot.”
“Marc~”
He didn’t let me continue as his hand clasped my chin gently. “Sierra Rose, I don’t know about you, but I’m fucking tired of being distant and being blamed for things that are not our faults. Or not entirely at least.” I blinked in surprised. He never swears. “Are you with me?”
I nodded.
And then his lips met mine.
I was expecting the kiss to be forceful with anger behind it, but it was gentle and soft, and everything that I’ve missed the past few weeks.
Now you’re probably wondering about what I mean. I mean that, the past few weeks, we haven’t been doing a whole lot of anything. Because he was being so distant, we only hugged and a peck on the lips was our goodnight kiss.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and our kiss deepened. The anger and disappointment in his expression melted away as my body pressed close to him. I also felt his tension dissipate and his whole body relaxed as my body fitted against his perfectly.
It’s like our bodies tell us that we are meant for each other.
After a while, and loss of breath, he pulled away and we looked at each other. The distance was gone from his eyes, and was replaced by the love that he felt for me, and I knew my own eyes mirrored the same thing.
Marc brushed some of my wavy hair away from my face as he looked at me. He spoke in French still. “I’m so sorry, Sierra, for how I’ve been acting. It’s not fair to you or to anyone we are around.” I smiled weakly. “You don’t deserve me to be that way, to pretty much ignore your existence. I’ve been thinking about it for a while now, and I realize how stupid and idiotic I’ve been. I promise to make it up to you. Do you forgive me?”
A tear escaped my eye and he brushed it away gently. “Marcy, you’ve been forgiven,” I said softly in his native language. “I know why you’ve been the way you’ve been, and I don’t blame you.”
“But it still doesn’t mean I should have been acting like that. I should not be hurting the person I love more than anything and will be sharing my life with soon. And I know that I’ve been hurting you, Erra. So don’t try to lie.”
He knows me too well. “It’s ok, Marcy,” I said softly.
A slight smile appeared on his lips as he bent down and kissed me again. This time, it was even softer than before.
As he pulled away, he led me to the swings that were there, and a gentle breeze made me shiver. Marc smiled and sat down on the swings and held his hand out to me.
I smiled and took it, and he pulled me down onto his lap and held me close. He pushed the ground, and we began to swing, the whole time he held me close.
My head rested back against him and his chin rested on my head as we sat on the swing together. He hummed a bit, and it felt so good to feel his body so relaxed. It has been awhile since I’ve felt him relax, and that was because his body reflected his mood.
I harder breeze came and I shivered, which made Marc-Andre chuckled a bit. “Would you like to go home?”
I turned my neck and looked at him even though he was still swinging us. I was shocked, because he was smiling. And the smile was reaching his eyes for the first time in weeks. “No, I’m quite happy right now.”
Marc’s gaze was soft and loving. “I am too,” he whispered softly, kissing my temple before I turned back around and snuggled into him.
He held me close and I closed my eyes, a smile on my lips. It felt good to have my fiance back, and not just the empty shell. I was going to make sure that he wouldn’t become distant like that again, because it really hurt my heart.
“I love you, Erra,” he whispered softly.
“I love you too, Marcy,” I replied with a smile. “And I always will.”
I’m so, so happy that I have him back.