Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Clubbing Time

The game against Boston made me want to puke. That was not a good way to try to get me back in the game, and Marc came home and had to deal with a very furious me. He eventually calmed me down by cracking jokes, and it worked.
Now, the game against Tampa is just was I was talking about.
I was home alone with my cat, cheering like a crazy mad woman. When Marc came home, we had our own celebration. We went out to dinner, had a few drinks, and had some fun.
And I came back to play Saturday.
When I entered the locker room before the flight to Atlanta, all of my friends went crazy and I was tackled by a mass of huge hockey players. I thought I was going to get killed because of them. They really don’t know their own strength sometimes.
The game Saturday was better than against Tampa Bay, and it wasn’t just because I was playing. I’m not cocky, most of the time. I got to see a few of my old Blackhawk friends by the names of Andrew Ladd and Ben Eager. I knew the other two former Hawks, but Ladd and Eager are the ones I know the best between the four.
After the final horn to signal our win, I was on the ice and skated over to my fiance, grinning widely and I booty bumped him. He laughed as I lost my balance, since I was trying to do it with enough force that he could feel it through his mass of goalie pads. He had to hold me up.
When we got back to Pittsburgh, we decided to celebrate.
I got dressed in a beautiful, green cocktail dress with purple and other green accents on it, and it came pretty low. I’m not afraid of showing what I have, I just chose not to do it very often. But the look on Marc’s face when he saw it on me definitely made me blush.
I slipped on my silver heels and met my fiance downstairs. He was dressed in black suit pants with a nice white dress shirt. His jaw pretty much hit the floor and I just laughed away the butterflies, and pulled him to the car as I put on my nice jacket.
“You look beautiful,” he said, looking over at me as we drove to the club.
I grinned and met his gaze. “You look handsome yourself, mon amour,” I said back to him. “And you played amazing.”
Marc blushed a bit as we pulled into the parking lot. My brother and best friend were awaiting for us outside of the club, and I quickly got out and enveloped Jenna in a tight hug. “I missed you,” I said with a smile.
“I missed you too. And you were an idiot for pushing everyone away like that! I didn’t like that one bit!”
I chuckled and shook my head at my dark-haired friend. “Sorry, but I needed to get through to these hard-headed boys.” I stared straight at my twin brother, who had an ashamed look on his face. “And it work, didn’t it?”
Sidney smiled a bit and Jenna laughed, taking my hand and pulling me into the club doors. “Everyone else is already waiting!” She exclaimed.
I locked fingers with Marc-Andre was we waded through the mass of people in the club to the special VIP area. All eyes were on us as we approached, and two Frenchman that weren’t my husband enveloped me into a huge hug.
“It’s great to have you back, Er-bear,” Max said into my hair. There was an obvious trace of alcohol on his breath.
I pushed against his chest with a laugh. “Yes, yes, I was missed. Not get off of me you oaf.”
Max pouted but Tanger kept looking at me. “You were missed. We don’t play as great without you screaming at us for all our faults. Sidney had to pick up that slack on Friday. It was actually kind of funny watching him try to impersonate you. Needless to say, he’s not that great at screaming at us. He’s too much of a great captain.”
I laughed as Sid raised an eyebrow at his teammate. “I think that’s a compliment, right?”
Kris smiled and nodded, kissing both of my cheeks before going to grab another drink with Max.
I looked at Geno who was staring at me with those dark eyes. “You better be designated driver for those two.”
He nodded. “I am.”
“Good.”
I turned around as Marc came up and handed me my favorite drink. He kissed my nose before handing it to me.
I sipped it and Tanger bumped into me, almost causing me to spill over the new dress. “Watch it, Letang!” I shouted over the music in French.
He smiled his cute, lopsided smile. “I’m sorry,” he replied in his native language.
I took my seat next to Geno as Marc went to go get Sidney a drink, and make sure Max isn’t getting himself killed since Tanger left him. “Have you talked to your sister lately?” I asked in English so we weren’t leaving poor Geno out of the conversation.
The tall brunette nodded. “Oui,” he said, sipping his drink. “She’s really becoming a whole new person.”
I looked over at him, eyebrow raised. “How so?” Geno asked on the other side of me, obviously very curious too.
“She’s so much more outgoing... and happy.” I nodded as he said that. Every single one of us knew of Ari’s horrible past, and suicide attempts. My heart went out to the girl, but I smiled knowing she was a better person now. “Nik’s doing wonders to her. And I don’t know how the hell I’ll be able to thank him.”
“By letting him marry her?” Geno asked in his thick accent.
I laughed so hard my sides hurt, and Tanger choked on his drink before slapping Geno in the back of the head. “Seriously, don’t even bring that up about my baby sister!”
Geno looked confused as I still laughed. “At some point, yes?” He asked.
Tanger sighed and downed some of his beverage. “Some point, yes. Now, hell no. I have to make sure my sister is really safe with him.”
Geno and I both looked at Tanger like he’s lost his mind. “You don’t think she’s safe with Nik? Niklas Hjalmarsson. Really?” I asked, bewildered.
“That’s not what I meant,” Tanger scowled. “He’s the best thing that ever happened to her. I just want to make sure she’s really as happy with him later on as she is now.”
“I no think she will change her feelings,” Geno said and I agreed. “They love other too much.”
I chuckled at Geno’s voice of words, and I finished my drink. I shooed Tanger out of the booth so I could go get another drink. I hoped Marc wasn’t drinking too much, because he might be the one to drive home. I needed these drinks to melt my stress away.
At the bar, Marc’s arm wraps around my waist, and I smile up at him. “Mon amour,” I winked at him as I sipped my new beverage.
He chuckled and kissed my hair. “Care to dance?” He whispered in my ear in French.
I nodded and let him lead me to the dance floor, near Max who was grinding on some random girl. I crinkled my nose at him, and Marc saw, laughing at my reaction as he pulled me close by the waist.
My head rested on his chest was we danced slowly at first, our bodies swaying in the perfect rhythm. I closed my eyes, listening to the music, while Jenna kept bumping into me.
“Really?” I asked, laughing, as she did it again.
She winked before twirling away to go dance with my brother again.
I shook my head, and one of my favorite songs came on. My eyes flashed a glint of mischief, and I handed some stranger what was left of my drink. I’ll admit that I was a bit intoxicated, but I really wanted to dance.
Marc laughed, his eyes glued to me as I Like It played through. I am a hockey player, yes, but I have done a little figure skating in my lifetime, and a lot of dance. I love to dance, and I was in perfect beat with the song.
It was a tad bit hard to dance because the dress was a little tight, but when I danced into Marc’s arms, the worry fell away.
I smiled up at him and kissed him deeply and longingly, my body pressed against his. He kissed back eagerly, his fingers running through my long hair. The music began to drone out as I kept kissing him, and he groaned slightly.
“Ok, go get a room,” Tanger said from beside us, snapping us both out of our trance.
I instantly blushed, and so did Marc, but I covered myself by rolling my eyes. “Oh, shut up,” I mumbled, stepping off the dance floor. My body was covered with sweat, and Marc had to push his sweaty hair out of his face.
I looked at him as I breathed heavily. I was beginning to feel a little sick now as the alcohol and heat began to take affect on me. “I want to go home now,” I said softly to him.
Marc’s brows furrowed as he wrapped his arms around my frame. “Alright. Let’s grab your jacket.”
He got it from Geno, and we said goodbye. Marc picked me up into his arms and carried me out into the chilled Pittsburgh air. “That feels so much better,” I muttered into his sweaty shirt.
He chuckled a bit. “You truly were born for the ice. You really can’t take the heat,” he said as he placed me into the car.
I nodded and took off my heels. “We don’t have practice tomorrow, right?” I asked as he began to drive home. He nodded. “I think I just want to sleep tomorrow.”
Marc laughed and took my hand in his. “Alright, ma vie.” He kissed my hand. “You really do look amazing tonight.”
“Merci, Marc,” I said softly.
He kissed my hand again and I rested my head back against the seat. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want my fiance right now, but I hold to my vows and promises. Damn, the club really made me go crazy.
I wish we were married right now. And I knew he wished the same thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is Sierra's dress:
http://www.dresses2u.com/images/green-silk-patterned-cocktail-dress.jpg

Ok, so, I am looking for someone who is great at doing banners/wallpapers. I really, really want a banner (or more accurately, a wallpaper for my computer, but I'll stick with a banner if need be) that consists of Kris Versteeg and Marc-Andre Fleury together. They are my two favorite hockey players and I'd really like a really nice banner/wallpaper with them. Preferably with them out of the hockey gear, so as if they were just walking down the street I guess.
If someone is willing to do this for me, please message me. And if there's a confusing to what I want, I'll try to explain better.
If you can please help me, please message me!
~Love Laya