Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Travels

I woke up to a very wet and cold nose in my face. I shrieked and got up out of bed so fast that I felt light headed. I was looking down at Mario's dog, and then looked up to Sidney and Marc-Andre in the doorway; they both were trying not to laugh.
The dog licked my hand happily. "Well, that is definatly one way to wake me up." I said and motioned for the dog to go over to Sidney.
Sidney grinned. "I thought so, that is why I got him. Mario found it amusing."
"Oh great, so now I'm the talk of the house with my difficulty to wake up. Thanks." I said sarcastically as I reached to grab my clothes. Marc-Andre respectively left my room but Sidney stood there.
"Ready to go home?" He asked me and I looked up.
I shrugged. "Yes, and no." I replied, walking past him into the bathroom, quickly brushing my teeth and my hair. "I can't wait to be home and see everyone, but I'm going to miss everyone here. And Pittsburgh." I finished saying. Sidney nodded as I closed the door in his face to get changed.
I looked into the mirror at myself after I got changed. My hazel eyes were glistening, as I held back tears. I put a headband in my hair to keep my nose length bangs out of my face. I had on a fairly loose shirt and sweatpants, perfectly good flying wear. I threw on some lipgloss before opening the door; I rarely wear makeup.
I walked out and saw Marc-Andre and Sidney's stuff piled up on each others. I could recognize the difference in both; mainly because one ofMarc-Andre's bags was filled with goalie gear.
I quickly went into my room and packed up the rest of my stuff. I grabbed Pen and put him in my carry-on bag, along with a book and my Ipod. I threw the rest of my things in my bags and a soft knock came from my doorway. I didn't turn around as I rushed to finish everything. "Yes?" I asked, cursing under my breath as I slammed my wrist into the wall.
"You almost ready?" Marc-Andre's voice came from the doorway and I quickly turned around to face him. He was wearing a soft smile on his face, wearing his favorite hat.
I mentally shook myself to answer. "Almost." I said, turning back to my things.
He walked over as I zipped up my hockey gear bag. "Want me to put that outside?" He asked me and I gratefully nodded my head, since I knew I wouldn't be able to carry that heavy bag with my bad wrist. I was starting to pull away when Marc-Andre reached down to grab the bag. Our hands brushed slightly and I felt my heart thud in my chest.
He took a hold of my bag and threw it over his shoulder as I quickly started to finish my packing. Marc-Andre stood there, waiting for me as I finished.
I quickly zipped up my other bags and stood up. I looked at Marc-Andre and he smiled; I smiled back. I shrugged on my carry on bag and stood my luggage up, and started to drag it out of my room. Marc-Andre picked up the other end of it so it didn't drag. "Oh, thank you." I said to him as we started to walk out to Mario's car.
"It isn't a problem." He said as we came to the car. Mario took my luggage and put it in the back of the car, as Marc-Andre tossed my hockey gear in.
I put my backpack in the back seat and Sidney came running out with an apple. He tossed it to me...but it went too far over my head. I tried to reach for it; but it was way too high.
Marc-Andre reached up and grabbed it, handing it to me. I bit my lip to hide a smile. "Thanks." I said to him again.
He chuckled. "Again, not a problem." He said as I bit into my apple. I love apples.
"Everyone in the car. We have to get to the airport." Mario said and I quickly scrambled into the car.
I accidentally put pressure on my wrist and cringed. "Ow." I said as Sidney slid in the front seat, and Marc-Andre next to me.
Marc-Andre gave me a worried look as Sidney started to fiddle with the radio. "Are you ok?" He asked me and I nodded.
"I'll be fine." I said, rubbing my wrist. "I will have to go to the doctor when I get home. My wrist doesn't seem to be getting any better." I took off my brace and revealed my swollen wrist.
Marc-Andre looked taken aback and I flexed my wrist. The bone looked like it was just going to puncture through my skin. Marc-Andre took my wrist in his hands and he ran a very gentle finger along the most severe part. I winced slightly and he looked up at me.
"I have not seen a wrist look this bad." He said, almost in a whisper. "I've seen broken wrists, but they have never been this swollen, and the bone hasn't looked this bad."
I looked away in shame. "Yeah...it's bad I know." Marc-Andre still had my wrist in his hands, although he wasn't touching it. "Like I said, I have to go get it checked."
Marc-Andre let go of my wrist and I carefully put the brace back on. "Why didn't you go sooner?" He asked and I blushed, inwordly scolding myself.
"Because I'm afraid of doctors and doctor offices." I mumbled and he errupted in laughter. Sidney and Mario both looked back at us; they were in their own conversation.
"What's so funny?" Sidney asked and I shook my head just as Marc-Andre said, "Nothing." I gave him a look of thanks.
Sidney shrugged and turned back around and started talking with Mario again.
Marc-Andre had to answer his phone and I started to look out the window, lost in my own day-dreaming.
I was almost startled when the car doors opened as we reached the airport. Marc-Andre was leaning back inside and held out his hand, which I took, grabbing my bookbag, and he pulled me out of the car. "Watch out for the~" When my feet hit the ground, a splash came and my ballet flats were soaked. "Puddle." He finished, a wee bit too late. I laughed and shook my legs.
One of the airport people came over and took a hold of my hockey gear bag, which there was no way for us to carry around since I can't carry it with my wrist, and the guys had their bags to carry. "Thank you." I said to the man, he only smiled slightly as we all turned to say our goodbyes to Mario.
Sidney and Marc-Andre shook hands with him, but I hugged him. "You three take care now." He said to us. "And I will see you guys in three months time." We nodded our heads and started to turn away. We waved to him and entered the busy airport.
I followed behind Sidney and Marc-Andre as we made our way to the seemingly endless lines. But, thankfully, we were only standing for roughly twenty minutes.
We checked in our bags and started to rush to our gate. The plane was just about to board.
We made it to the gate just as the first class started to board. We rushed up to the counter and they beckoned us down. First class is completly awesome.
Sidney situated himself on the side that had one seat and I gave him a look. "You are a pain to sit next to." He said to me and my jaw dropped.
"How rude!" I said to him, turning to slide into the aisle across from him, but Marc-Andre slid in first.
"You take the outside, that way your wrist isn't confined." He said with a smile.
"Oh, thank you." I said, feeling stupid while still shooting Sidney a glare.
He just grinned and I didn't feel like being mad as I slid into next to Marc-Andre. "It's not my fault that you are antsy on planes. So goodluck Marc-Andre." Sidney said with a smile.
Marc-Andre leaned back into his seat. "I'm sure she can't be that bad." He said, and I suddenly felt warm on the inside.
Sidney shrugged as I dug out my gum and tossed him a piece. "Just chew the gum." mumbled to him. This is about as much of a fight as we get into. Shocking for siblings, I know.
I offered Marc-Andre a piece and he took one with a nod in thanks. I leaned back in my seat and took a deep breath. Despite on the flying I have to do with hockey, I really hate it.
Marc-Andre had to have felt how tense I was, for his hand found mine buryed inbetween the seats. He held my hand as everyone else was boarding, we clearly got looks and awes from everyone. "Don't worry, I'll be here for you." He whispered to me, and I felt myself blush and nod; not taking my hand out of his.
The plane started to move and I closed my eyes, squeezing Marc-Andre's hand slightly. I heard him chuckled beside me, and I heard Sidney yawn.
The plane finally took flight and I started to relax, chewing my gum to keep my ears from popping. I absolutely hate that feeling.
I put my Ipod earphones in my right ear and offered the left to Marc-Andre. We have similar taste in music. He took the earphone, still holding my hand softly.
I relaxed against the chair, leaning into Marc-Andre and I heard Sidney snoring away beside me. I chuckled and yawned myself. I didn't even realize that I was resting my head on Marc-Andre's shoulder, and I fell into a soft sleep.