Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Christmas

The drive from Virginia to Pittsburgh, since I can’t fly, was perfectly ok if you asked me. I mainly slept through the whole drive due to my throbbing head. Marc, on the other hand, hated the drive. Since he was the driver, he had to put up with the traffic. And since it’s winter... the snow. Oh how he loves the snow now.
We spent Christmas Eve at home, since we didn’t even get back to Pittsburgh until the evening on the twenty fourth. I still couldn’t do too much, and I was content with just staying in bed. My head hurt too much to care.
Christmas morning, Marc woke me up slowly and carefully with a massage. It felt so good on my aching body from Ovechkin’s hit. I moaned into the waking world as Marc-Andre ran his hands down my bruised and beat up self.
“Merry Christmas,” he whispered in French in my ear, getting a soft smile from me. “How are you feeling?”
I rolled over onto my back to face my fiance, blinking away the sleep and blur in my eyes. “Better,” I said with a growing smile. “My head isn’t throbbing. It’s only a very slight pulse now. I can actually focus on your face in the light now.”
Marc-Andre grinned widely and bent down and placed his lips on my now-not-pounding forehead. “That’s great, ma chérie. Maybe the concussion isn’t as bad as we thought.” Marc looked thoughtful. “How’s your body feeling?”
I sat up, getting help from Marc. “Sore, very sore still,” I replied, cringing a bit, but grinning at the same time because I wasn’t feeling dizzy like I have been every other time I sat up.
“I made you a very warm bath, if you are up to it. Then we can open gifts.”
I nodded and he helped me to my feet.
“Do you feel like going over to Mario’s for Christmas dinner? Sid, Jenna, and Emelie will be there.”
“I think I want to go,” I said as we walked slowly to the bathroom connecting to our room.
Marc helped me step over the dog, since he took up place outside the door. “Alright, ma chérie, I’ll call Mario and Nathalie while you’re bathing.” He kissed my hair before leaving me to myself.
You may have noticed that I rarely call him Marc-Andre anymore. Only his parents really call him that now. Everyone calls him Marc or Flower, and since he’s the love of my life, I’ve gotten into the habit of calling him Marc. He prefers it, actually, and so do I.
I carefully unclothed, and looked at my body in the mirror for the first time since being boarded, and cringed at the sight. The whole left side of my body looked like one giant bruise, and the gash on my hairline was in the exact same place as it was with my car accident. At least it won’t leave a new scar, since there’s already one there.
I lowered myself into the bubble bath that Marc prepared for me, and almost immediately my muscles relaxed and my body just melted into the hot water.
I’m not sure how long I stayed in the bath, but eventually it chilled off and I had to get out. I wrapped my towel around me and put my hair up in a towel to before I exited the bathroom and went into my room. I wandered to the dresser to pull out something fancyish for Christmas dinner, but not too fancy.
As I pulled out a pretty red sweater dress and black leggings, a pair of large, calloused hands covered my eyes gently, so not to spook me and hurt myself.
A smile appeared on my lips as Marc’s lips pressed against my bare neck. “Are you going to wear your locket today?” I nodded, since I haven’t worn it because of the hit. “I put it in your jewelry box.”
“Merci.”
“De rien, ma chérie.” His lips pressed into my neck again and I turned to face him, both of us smiling. “Do you want me to leave you to get dressed so we can open gifts?”
I nodded and he laughed before letting go of me and stepping out of the room, Riley following him as Aislinn jumped on the bed. I put on my undergarments and leggings before pulling on the red outfit. I didn’t bother with any jewelry or makeup. I’ll do it later.
I carefully went down the stairs, still not trusting my head too much, and Marc was quickly at my side to help me down the rest of the way.
We sat down by the tree, and Marc sat with his legs around me, so I was leaning back into his chest. “Who first?” he asked curiously.
I grabbed the first gift, which was to him from his parents. “Your mum and dad.”
He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me to take it from my hands, and he opened it with his arms still around me so I can see.
I took a gift that was to me, from Jordan, and opened it at the same time. I laughed when my gift revealed it’s hidden secret, one of those penguins Pillow Pets. “Oh, Jordy,” I chuckled as Marc chuckled along with me, putting aside the shirt his mom got him.
Our Christmas morning went along like that. He opened all the gifts I got him; a new watch, multiple pairs of jeans that he desperately needed, a gift card to Gamestop, and a couple of shirts. I thought I opened all of the gifts from him; a new phone case (I really needed that), he stole my grandmother’s ring from my jewelry box and fixed the thinning band on it (my favorite gift thus far), and a few clothes.
But, then, Marc brought out another gift from who knows where. I turned my head and looked at him curiously, but he just placed it in my hands with that adorable, goofy smile.
With a grin, I unwrapped it and opened it, gasping as it revealed a beautiful anklet with a diamond heart. I turned around as much as my aching back. “Oh, my God. Marc-Andre!”
His lips met mine gently as he turned my whole body around. “You like it then? I actually had no help, and I know you’ve been wanting a new one.”
I grinned and kissed him back, and then kissed him a couple more times. “I love it, it’s just gorgeous!” I propped my leg up and he carefully put the anklet on. “Thank you so, so much Marcy.” I kissed him again.
He smiled through the kiss and just held me to him. “You’re very welcome, angel.”
“Should we go get ready? We have to get Sidney and Jenna.” I asked my amazing fiance.
Marc smiled and stood up, helping me to my feet as I swayed unsteadily. Even if my head wasn’t hurting anymore, I still had some concussion symptoms.
Marc helped me up the stairs and I put on my black ballet flats as well as my makeup. I didn’t put too much on, just my usual mascara with some shadow. I couldn’t really do too much at this point.
I held the railing tightly as I went back downstairs, and Marc-Andre held my thick, fancyish out to me as I slipped my arms through. We already gave the gifts to my brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law. Did I mention that he proposed? If not, he did last night. Cool right? Christmas Eve?
I knew I had a cool brother.
Marc practically carried me to the car so that I didn’t end up slipping on ice. My sore body felt relieved when I was off my feet, but I didn’t complain at all. I refuse to ever complain.
We pulled up to my brother’s place and Marc helped me out. We walked carefully and I ended up groaning when I stepped on a rock. Being ballet flats, I felt it quite well.
We got to my brother’s door and when Jenna answered, I hugged her tightly, or as tight as I could possibly manage. She just grinned, and we both squealed as she showed me the ring, just as Marc noogied my brother.
After hugging Jenna, I gave my brother a look. “About time.”
He stuck his tongue out. “Yeah, and it took this guy an eternity.” This time Marc stuck his tongue out. “How’re you feeling?” Concern replaced the joking expression on his face.
“Better,” I said with a smile.
“Good!” Jenna giggled, hugging me again. When I winced, she stepped back. “Sorry!”
I grinned a bit. “It’s ok, I’m just sore.”
She nodded before Sidney put his hand on my shoulder. “We should head out. We need to pick up a pie or something for dinner. Emelie is already there, apparently.”
Marc and I nodded, and Marc whisked me off my feet and carried me to Sidney’s Range Rover. We’d leave the Lambo here, and pick it up when we drive back here from after dinner.
We made a stop to grab a pie from the only place that could ever be open on Christmas day, and headed over to the Lemieux’s to enjoy a wonderful, family Christmas dinner together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is Sierra's outfit:
http://s6.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Off-Shoulder-Red-Sweater_BC4E1478.jpg

And her anklet:
http://www.saleofjewellery.com/images/large_images/L1140019.jpg