Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

Goodbye

A sudden jolt of turbulence woke me up, in a slightly panicky way. My IPod earphone was torn from my ear and I shivered automatically. Marc-Andre leaned forward with me, his dark brown eyes worried.
I kept shivering and Marc-Andre shrugged off his sweater he was wearing and put it around my shoulders. I looked up at him, surprised. He smiled softly. "You really shouldn't be so fearful of flying." He said to me and I nodded.
"I can't help it." I whispered, shivering again. Marc-Andre took my hand in his, much like earlier, and I was able to lean back into my seat and relax. He took my IPod and put it away from me, just as the the pilot came on to announce that we were going to land in Toronto. (Yeah, a little bit of an awkward way for us, but we wanted a flight for all three of us.)
I threw the pillow that was between my hip and the chair at Sidney to wake him up. He jolted awake and I laughed slightly. He blinked a couple times before realizing what was happening. "We're landing?" He asked.
"Yes." I said to him, feeling myself shiver. I really, really hate flying. Normally, Sidney knocks me out (not literally). But not this time. Luckily, I did fall asleep, but now the landing is coming; and I feel like getting sick.
Sidney leaned back and I leaned forward, where was Gavol when I needed it. Marc-Andre took his hand from mine, and put his arm around my shoulder. "Are you ok?" He asked me, clearly worried. This was the first time flying without my Gavol, so he isn't used to me like this.
I nodded and felt myself automatically lean into him. "This is what I'm like when I don't take anything." I muttered, almost in a groan. Marc-Andre leaned back in his seat and I went with since I was leaning into him.
Sidney laughed at my motion-sickness and if I didn't feel like crap, I probably would have just went at him.
I shivered in Marc-Andre's arm and he held me close. I suddenly felt myself relaxing and I wasn't feeling as sick.
I stayed like that until we touched ground. I released myself from Marc-Andre's arms and I leaned back, taking a huge breath.
"I told you she isn't fun to be next to." Sidney said as we pulled up to the gate. I just looked at him. "What? It's true." He said and I sighed; I knew he was right.
We reached the gate and I immediately got to my feet and stretched. I banged my wrist against the top of the plane and cringed. Marc-Andre was trying to stand up, but because of his height, he was hunched over. "Oh." I said stupidly, moving into the aisle so he could stand up straight.
He smiled at me and gratefully stood up to his full height. I grabbed my backpack and started to walk, err, more like wobble (unsteady after sitting for so long), off the plane.
Once out I stretched and let out a very grateful sigh. But it was short lived when Sid came up and put his hand on my shoulder. "Still another two hours from here to Halifax." He said and I moaned.
Marc-Andre came up behind us and laughed. "You guys could have gone on a quicker flight." He said and I immediately said no; gaining looks from both of the guys. I looked away.
Sidney cleared his throat and motioned. "Our gates are that way. I think ours leaves first though." He said and I bit my lip.
The three of us walked side by side, me in the middle. (Surprising... I know) I had my left hand clenched, although it wasn't a good idea considering my wrist.
Marc-Andre must have noticed because his hand swept against mine. I couldn't help but look at him. He looked back with a smile and Sidney yawned. "Almost home..." He seemed to whisper to himself.
Marc-Andre stopped and looked up to the gate that announced the plane to Quebec. "This is where I stop, I guess." He said, his voice distant.
I bit my lip hard and took a deep breath to control myself. I felt tears sting the back of my eyes but I put on a smile as Marc-Andre and Sidney did their little 'man hug' thing. I may play with guys, and I'm surrounded by them, but I shall never understand their ways.
Sidney started to walk away, (to a concession stand, figures) and I was with Marc. I tried to avoid his eyes but I just couldn't.
"Promise to keep in touch?" He asked me quietly.
I nodded to him. "Of course." I said softly, a tiny but sad smile appearing on my lips.
He smiled back, his finger up under my chin. "Take care of your wrist. We need you healthy. I need you healthy." He whispered his last sentence, and I was shocked by it.
I sort of just spoke without my knowing it. "I will." I replied and the flight personel came on the intercom to announce their boarding.
"Turns out you guys arn't first after all." He said quietly and I bit my lip hard, trying to keep tears back. But no doubt, my eyes glistened.
Marc-Andre brushed back some of my hair along my shoulder and he bent down and kissed my forehead, much like he did last night. "Take care." He said softly as he started to pull away. I restrained myself from grabbing him to hold him back. "I promise to text when I land." He said, looking back at me.
I nodded and I felt a tear fall down my cheek. "You better keep in touch!" I threatened, my voice cracking.
Marc-Andre didn't noticed and he laughed. "I will." He said with a big smile before disappearing.
When he was out of sight, more tears fell down my cheeks. I mumbled to myself and wiped my eyes when I saw Sidney quickly beckon me over. "Hurry up!" He called, and I realized they were calling our plane boarding.
I quickly rushed to my elder brother and we both rushed to the gate. My thoughts were on Marc-Andre.
We boarded the plane just in time and I sat next to Sidney this time. I knew I wouldn't lose my mind, I was lost in la la land.....but then I realized I still had on Marc-Andre's sweater. "Oh!" I said and quickly sent him a text, hoping he still had his phone on.
"What are you doing?" Sidney asked curiously as he turned his own phone off. I got a reply and told Sid about the sweater.
The text caught me by surprise. I know, keep it. I wanted you to have it. I smiled slightly and bit my lip. (If you haven't noticed, its a nervous/sad habit)
I turned off my phone and leaned back in the chair as we started to take off. Sidney was looking out the window and I was lost in my thoughts.
It was official. I had truly fallen for the man that I have been around for years. And now I had a summer without him.
I felt like my heart was torn.