Sequel: The Fleury Life
Status: Completed

The Crosby Life

The Dress

“Emelie! Will you wait up! Good lord. The dresses aren’t going to magically disappear!”
Ari giggled next to me, her bangs blowing in the wind as we rushed into the bridal store while the rest of hair was up in a bun. “I think she’s more excited than you are.”
“I second that,” Jenna pipped in, grinning.
I rolled my eyes. “It’s just a dress! I don’t understand why this is such a big deal.”
Emmy halted and glared at me before grabbing my shoulders and shaking me until I wanted to puke. “This no big deal of a dress is the most important dress of your LIFE!” she yelled in my face. “You are marrying your soul mate. Not stop complaining, put a smile on your gorgeous face, and let’s go!”
I sighed and followed her, planting a smile on my lips. I swear it was like she was living through me. We all knew of her love issues, so I figured she liked the sturdy relationship of me and Marc.
What can I say, she’s weird.
I entered the store, fixing my hair since it got messed up in the wind, and looked around at all of the dresses in the store. Emelie and I were immediately spotted by some fans, but the manager of the store had security keep them at their distance.
Thank God. I’d like to experience a normal bridal experience.
Even if I am surrounded by weirdos.
“How about this?” Jenna asked, twirling a horrendous feathered dress around while laughing.
I gagged. “You are the definition of insane if you like that in any way,” I said, horrified, making the shy French girl next to me burst into giggles.
“It looks like the goose I pet back home,” Ari said.
We all laughed and I looked around for a serious dress. I let them have their fun, but soon enough, Jenna will be in my position.
Ari snaked up behind me, her usual quiet self, and pulled out a beautiful, form fitting dress with lace straps and glitter and sparkles in the most perfect spots. “This looks like you,” she said quietly, her green eyes gazing over the dress.
My heart squeezed suddenly, and I had the urge to hug the girl. I’m not sure why, but the look in her eyes made something in my stir. “It’s beautiful, Ari,” I said to her, smiling. I really did like it.
Ari returned my smile. “I’m glad you think so.”
“You know, you might be doing this someday.”
Tanger’s younger sister immediately turned into a red apple. She looked down, hiding her embarrassment as she fiddled with a ring on her right hand. “Umm, maybe.”
I smiled. “Nik’s a nice guy. I like him. Even if he is a Blackhawk.”
She giggled and turned around, only to run into Em who wrapped an arm around the other girl’s slender shoulders. “What are you doing here anyways, little Tang.” That was the nickname Emmy gave her. Why? I have no idea.
“I... umm... don’t know what you mean,” Ari stuttered, looking at me for help.
I rolled my eyes. “She’s visiting Tanger, idiot,” I said, slapping at Emelie who let Ari go. “And she’s one of my bridesmaids.”
“Oh, I see,” Em said pleasantly before disappearing to find Jenna again.
“There is something seriously wrong with her,” I mumbled under my breath, getting a small smile out of Ari. “Come on. Let’s try this dress on before our friends decide to put me in the worst dress ever created.”
Ari giggled and nodded, following me to one of the rooms. One of the workers was there waiting and she smiled at me as I entered. “Hello. Are you ready to try a dress on?”
I nodded. “Yes, please.” I smiled.
“Enter the changing room then, please.”
I waved to Ari as the door closed, and within a few minutes, I was being zipped up in the most gorgeous dress that I have ever seen. “Oh, my God,” I whispered to my reflection.
The worker, who I learned was named Angie, smiled at me. “You look absolutely beautiful. And just so you know, I don’t know anything about hockey, so I’m not just saying this because you play.”
“Then how do you know I play?” I teased, knowing the answer already.
Angie laughed, not phased at all. “My manager warned all of us employees. So that’s how I know.”
I nodded and smiled, still looking at myself in the mirror. Even the back of the dress is beautiful with it’s laces keeping it tied.
“Ready to go out there.”
“Like hell I am,” I grinned.
The door opened and Ari sat waiting. She looked up, and those gorgeous jade eyes almost bulged right out of her head. She stood, gasping, and walked up to me, going on and on about how beautiful I look in French.
I laughed. “Calm down, Ariana.” I smiled and stood on the little pedestal in front of the mirror. “What do you think?”
“Sierra, you look so beautiful,” she said, her voice airy. “It’s perfect. You look perfect.” She fiddled with my chocolate curls.
I smiled. “I love it too. You have good eyes. I didn’t want to take forever to find a dress, but I didn’t think it would be the first one.”
She looked at me, meeting my eyes in the mirror. “Are you sure this is the right one?”
I nodded. “It’s perfect. I feel beyond beautiful and perfect.” So true. “And it’s comfortable, perfect for me.” I giggled, the excitement slipping through.
Ari nodded, a huge grin appearing on her face. “You look perfect.”
“Merci,” I said with a smile.
Jenna came out of no where and almost fainted. “Sierra! Oh, my! Look at you. You’re so beautiful!”
I laughed at her reaction as she rushed up to me, inspecting the dress closely. She might as well as have a magnifying glass by the way she was looking at it. “I think it’s perfect too.”
Jenna grinned and hugged me. “Are you getting this one?”
“Oui,” I smiled. “It may be the only one I’ve tried on, but I don’t want to look anymore. I feel like this is perfect. I know this is perfect.”
Jenna nodded. “Erra, seriously, I almost fainted when I saw you. Imagine what Flower is going to do! We better have a pillow next to him at the wedding or we may have an injured goaltender!”
I laughed. “I think he’ll be ok,” I smiled. “Where’s Emelie. I need her opinion too. Oh, and Jens, take a picture and send it to Taylor. I need her opinion since she’s my last bridesmaid.”
“Emelie is here!” the other French girl piped up, appearing behind Jenna as my best friend sent a picture to my sister. “Holy shit. Sierra, can I marry you?”
I laughed hard and shook my head. “Hell no. I’m taken sweetheart. Sorry.”
Emelie pretended to pout. “Alright.”
Everyone started laughing now.
“So, are we good?” Angie asked.
“Definitely. This one is just perfect.” I smiled at myself in the mirror.
“Perfect! Let’s get your measurements and the payment and we will be good to go!” Angie said happily, ushering me back in the changing room.
“Take you’re time, Er Bear!” I heard Emelie yell from outside the room.
I sighed. I didn’t want to know what she was planning out there.
I got out of the dress and Angie took my measurements. My oversized chest for my fit body made her laugh. Yeah, I got the bad genetics. Sidney should have been the girl. Not me.
Just kidding. I love being myself.
I got back into my street clothes and exited the changing room, choking on my own spit when I see what’s, or who’s, waiting for me.
Emelie was in the most hideous dress in the world. It beats that feathered one by a long-run. It can’t even be described as a dress! It was like a small scrap of closing covering barely nothing of her breasts and coming to a stop like shorts. Emelie is gorgeous with an amazing body (considering she is a hockey player), but even she couldn’t pull this off. It should be illegal to wear.
The other two girls were laughing so hard that they turned red. “What the hell is that?”
“I wanna get married in this! What do you think, Sierra?”
“I swear to God, if you even think about being serious, I will admit you into a mental hospital,” I said to her, still gaping.
Emelie laughed hard, looking down at the atrocious outfit she was wearing. “I’m sorry. I saw it and couldn’t resist. It’s horrible. In fact, if I see anyone wear this, I may shoot them.”
“Good,” I said, making a face, only getting more laughs out of the two girls. “Now, will you get out of that thing so we can get out of here.”
“Aye aye, Captain Erra!” She laughed hard and went to get changed.
I have strange friends. Very strange friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is Sierra's dress:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hjLO3myE9wI/SeusIX9Xd5I/AAAAAAAAA9k/SAvAPY0Dhco/s1600/Ella%2BBridals%2BWedding%2BGownsElla%2BBridals%22BWedding%2BGowns.jpg