Status: Completed :)

Don't Walk Away

Five.

I ran out of the room, needing to get out of the hell hole. How can they treat me like that? So what I slept with some guy who has a girlfriend? I didn’t know about Michelle. I know he’s one of the most popular people in school, which could suggest that I was meant to know; but the fact is, I didn’t. The blame can’t be pinned on me. That night was primarily his fault anyway. It was the first time I’d ever been drunk; I didn’t know what I was doing! He did though. Where’s his excuse? He knew he had a girlfriend; he knew I was drunk. If you ask me; these people should be saying crap to him about all of this...not me.

Until I was as far away as possible from that room I refused to stop running, just knowing that they were all in there, talking about Brian and I, as well as the little ‘episode’ I had back there. It hurts just trying to imagine what they are saying about me. Barely any of them know me. None of them understand...

I can’t believe it was my best, correction, ex best friends who started all of that in there. That’s probably the worst part. I mean, after Brian and possibly my parents, they were going to be the people I told, but they found out for themselves and then threw it back in my face. They embarrassed me so much in there.

So much for friendship.

Once I was outside of the building I felt a bit safer. The cold air was just what I needed right now; a way to knock me back into the real world. Too bad this is all happening there too. Not only is it happening though, but it’s happening for me. I'm having a baby. The whole school knows about it. Absolutely everything that could go wrong for a teenage girl is happening to me. How am I meant to cope with all this? Anybody...?

The yard had too many people on it; way too many. What is all of them know about it as well? Oh who am I kidding? Of course they know about it...everyone does. Instead of just taking a while to breathe in the air and try and calm myself down, risking confrontation as well, I chose to go somewhere else. I wanted to be somewhere a lot quieter than this; a place where no one was going to disturb me. This is a school though, right? What are the odds of me being able to find somewhere like that here?

It took a while but I eventually found out that I was right. There isn't a place where I can be alone in this entire school. How convenient? I walked around the edge of the school, looking around the fields for a place where no one was hanging around, but each corner was filled. It looks like there isn't a place for loners to just be by themselves without people bothering them.

Seeing as I have nowhere to go I might as well just risk having someone come up to me. It’s not like I have any other choice anymore, is it? Where else can I eat my lunch? Not in the canteen, not on the yard and not in my own little area. Plus there’s no chance that I'm going to try and eat in the toilets. That’s way too unhygienic, especially now that I'm pregnant...

How much do you think the jocks would mind if I sat down by a tree close enough for them to see me? I know that Brian and his friends could be over there on the field with them. I know this could be even more risky than going back to the canteen. But what if they don’t want to make things any worse for me? I know it’s not likely, but maybe Brian’s getting just as much grief as I am about all of this.

Oh, and I know they won’t hurt me. They know I'm pregnant so no one can touch me really, can they? Because if they end up hurting the baby or something; they technically could’ve potentially killed someone. I'm sure that not even someone who hates me as much as everyone seems to right now would want to be thought of as a murderer.

“They can’t touch me,” I whispered to myself as I walked over to the bottom of the tree. It was clearly a bit wet and muddy but for some reason that wasn't bothering me. I guess, compared to everything else, getting a bit wet and dirty means nothing.

“Excuse me,” a blond said as she pretty much walked into me on her way over to where the jocks and Brian’s lot were mucking about. They hadn’t yet noticed me, luckily. “Are you Cassie?” she asked me.

I looked up at her and nodded. Have you ever had a moment when you’re embarrassed to be who you are; scared to admit that you are you? I did just then. I wanted to be someone else...anyone but me.

“Oh, so you’re pregnant with my boyfriend?” she snapped.

My mouth dropped open. This is Michelle? I-I... I thought I’d be able to recognize her.

“Don't you have anything to say to me?” she asked harshly.

Oh God. Well, as a matter of fact there’s a lot I want to tell her. Problem is I’d never have to courage to say it all out loud and to her face.

Slowly I got up to my face, wanting to be able to look her in the eye as I threw out some measly apology.

“I didn’t know he had a girlfriend,” I whispered. “I'm sorry.”

“Sorry?” she questioned before slapping me in the face.

It wasn't until she hit me that some of Brian’s mates noticed what was going on. Some of them started laughing. I looked over; wanting to know if Brian was going to do anything about this. That’s when I realized he wasn't there. He isn't even there!

I snapped my head back to look at her.

“Did you just hit me?” I asked, sounding almost of confident as I was hoping to.

“I don’t know,” she mumbled. “Did it feel like this?” she said slyly before slapping me once more.

My cheek started stinging a little. It wasn't a really hard hit but I definitely felt it.

“Ladies,” I heard a male voice say. I looked and saw that it was one of Brian’s friends. I think his name is Jimmy. “Break it up,” he said, pulling Michelle back from me, knowing that I was unlikely to hit her back. Ha, I might as well prove him wrong.

Right then I slammed my fist into her face.

I had no idea I had that in me.

Both of their eyes widened and I noticed Jimmy loosening his grip on her and mumbling into her ear. It looked like he said ‘knock her dead’ before pushing her towards me.

Fast thinking, I just dropped down onto the ground, keeping my arms around my stomach. I doubt the baby would be able to feel any of this yet, but who knows.

“Get off her!” I heard someone shout, pushing through the crowd that had gathered around us.

I stayed where I was, curled up into a ball, until I was sure that this was all over. Then I slowly started to sit up, facing the man that had managed to get Michelle away from me. Brian...

Words were stuck in my throat, stopping me from speaking. I couldn’t even thank him right now.

“What the hell is going on Cas?” he asked me after getting rid of everyone around us, including Michelle, which I imagine must have been a rather tough task.

“Everybody knows,” I whispered as tears started falling down my cheeks.

Brian dropped down so that he was sat on the floor with me before pulling me into a hug.

“I'm so sorry,” he whispered into my ear. “This is all my fault.”

“You told them?” I asked, praying that my theory was wrong.

“We need to talk Cas,” he whispered. “Let’s go somewhere more private. I want all of this sorted out.”

I nodded at him, angry that he didn’t answer my question. That must mean that he told them; he told everyone. How could he do that to me?
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my longest chapter for this so far :)
Hope you like it! xD

Oh and the next chapter should be the last one for this hehe

- a7x.Sick.Puppie.x