Status: Active

She Believed

Chapter Seven

When I awoke the next morning my mood was incredibly better. Yet a lingering feel of doom still weighed down my heart. I just hope the nothing would go terribly wrong today. Fumbling on my school uniform, I felt a sudden loathing for the crest that was sewn on my blouse. Shrugging off the feeling I lazily made my way to the Great Hall.

Today was one of the few days that I wished Draco would be off hiding somewhere in the shadows, yet of course, the first thing that greeted me in the Great Hall was his infamous smirk. God, sometimes I wish I could just smack it off his face. Taking my usual spot, at the end of the Ravenclaw table with Luna, I forcefully placed my head on the table making a loud ‘thud’ causing a few people to look.

“Oh my, how are you today, Autumn?” Luna’s dreamy voice floated, like a whisper, into my ear, “You seem quite under the weather today.”

Groaning, I turned my head to face her, causing my auburn hair to cascade down my face, “Luna, I don’t even know what’s wrong, and I feel like today will be the end of the world.”

Her blue eyes gazed curiously at me, “Autumn, you can’t let the world take advantage of you.” She stopped and tilted her head mumbling something about Nargles, “Besides, if you look at a day with a bright attitude, it usually turns out okay.”

Letting her advice sink in, I still couldn’t help but feel a dreading feeling. I stuffed some food down my throat with some protest from my stomach, “Cheer myself up?” I looked at Luna, her nose was in a book, she didn’t look at me, but she nodded nonetheless.

Again nodding, I stood up and waved goodbye to my strange friend. I was off to see my large friend, Hagrid. I took about ten minuets to race down the pathway to his hut. Today was Saturday, and a trip to Hogsmeade. So I pretty much had all day to do whatever I please.

“Hagrid?” I was slowly getting closer, and the small pumpkin patch was in sight. With a hippogriff? I slowed my pace and looked curiously at the winged creature, he seemed so familiar. Almost like Buckbeak. I bowed towards the majestic creature, receiving a bow back. Shock, confusion, and joy coursed through my veins suddenly. I raced down the track flinging myself at the exotic animal, I was hugging it when Hagrid stepped out of his hut smiling.

“I knew you’d remember him.” He stepped off his step, I got up greeting the giant with a enormous hug, on his part anyway, “One thing though, we can’t call him Buckbeak since he is a run-away from the Ministry.”

I remembered when Buckbeak was sentenced to death, I had a mental break down at the thought of losing such a noble animal. One that could fight off werewolves at that. “So what shall I call him then?”

Hagrid smiled while picking me up, and placing me on the half eagle, half horse. “He’s Witherwings now. Have a joy ride, you’ll both enjoy it.” Suddenly Hagrid hit the Hippogriff’s rear end, sending it racing into the woods.

SlowlyBuckbeak Witherwings, opened his wings and took off flying. Luna was absolutely right about just letting go of all my problems. The higher we rose into the clouds the more my problems seemed to vanish. It was a cool fall day, but being so excited, with all this adrenaline there was no need to worry about the cold. Slowly, after about ten minuets of flying, Witherwings lowered himself from the clouds and I noticed we were near Hogsmeade, I was a little confused at first, but that was shortly replaced as I saw we were drawing closer, and closer to the Shrieking Shack.

“Buckbeak! Turn around!” Naturally, he would have listened, but not today, apparently.

Taking a nosedive and bringing his wings close to his body, the Hippogriff dived into the terrifying building. At least, I had him? The noble creature that fended off Harry and Hermonie from a werewolf. As if Witherwings read my thoughts he bucked me off of him, sending me flying into a near by wall, my consciousness was slowly leaving me, as was my vision, but the last thing I saw, was the Hippogriff fly away.

My world was black, as was the true meaning of being in Slytherin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please :]