Sequel: Pureblood

Halfblood

Trying Something New

We decided to just look through the stores. We were in a clothing store that sold all sorts of old fashion things. I found a purple, velvet hat that had a ridiculously huge brim. I put it on just for fun. I modeled the hat for Tristan to see.
“How do I look?” I say as I pout my lips.
“You gorgeous!” he says. He takes the hat off of me and kisses me.
We start to leave the store. We pass by the jewelry counter and something catches my eyes. I stop and look down at the bracelet in the glass display counter. It was a silver chain bracelet with a ruby heart charm. I was mesmerized by its beauty and apparently Tristan noticed.
“How much for that bracelet?” Tristan asks the cashier, pointing to it.
“Fifty bucks.” she says nonchalantly, snapping her gum. My heart sinks. I can’t even afford that.
“We’ll take it!” he says cheerfully. I look at him in disbelief.
“You don’t have to do that.” I protest.
“But I can tell you like it. If you want it, I’ll get it for you. It’s no trouble to me.” he assures me. I’m touched that he would do this for me. After the cashier rings it up, Tristan helps to put it on my left wrist. I kiss him on the cheek.
“I’ll treasure it forever!” I say to him. I decide to wear it all the time.
We continue looking around the in the stores. At around five I suggest we go to the dance club and he agrees. We don’t even wait on line. The bouncer just waves us in since he knows Tristan was a Pureblood. We go straight to the dance floor. They were playing a up beat Latin mix and I moved my hips to the rhythm. I stepped up the sexy just for Tristan and he definitely noticed. He raps his arms around my waist and we sway to the music together.
After a while, someone in the crowd of people catches my eye. He was dressed completely in black and his black hair hung in his face a bit. As I looked at him, I felt like a recognized him. His eyes were familiar to me. I’ve seen those eyes somewhere before but I couldn’t figure out where. He turned away and disappeared into the crowd.
I forget about the weird incident and focus on dancing with Tristan. After a while of dancing we decide to go back to the school dorm. We kiss goodbye as always and part ways. As I go to bed that night, I cant help but wonder where I recognize that guy from.

This week, since everyone left to be with their families, me and Tristan were the only ones in the entire school campus besides some teachers. Every night we watched movies in the living room.
It was Thursday night and we were watching Sixteen Candles. We were both fans of 80s movies so we both agreed on the choice. We started kissing and making out. I was sitting on his lap. His mouth started moving down my jaw to my neck and stopped. I froze, being caught off guard.
“I’m sorry.” he says as he pulls away. “I got carried away. But I can’t help it. I want you in every way possible.” He closed his eyes and exhaled.
I looked at him for a few seconds. I can tell what he wanted. Vampires sometimes drank each others blood to show their desire for each other. I made a choice. I pulled the collar of my shirt away from my neck and tilted my head to the left, baring my neck to him. He grabs my wrist.
“What are you doing?” he asks. His voice wasn’t angry, just confused.
“I know you want to drink from me. I’m letting you.” I say to him, looking in his eyes.
“Please don’t give me that permission. I wont be able to stop myself. I don’t want to hurt you.” He looked into my eyes, my face cupped between his hands.
“I know you won’t.” I say to him. When he doesn’t protest, I bare my neck to him again. This time he doesn’t argue. He leans forward then hesitates.
“Are you sure?” he asks.
I nod and say, “Yes.”
I see his fangs extend, then he bites into my neck. The pain is excruciating and I clutch the sleeve of his shirt tightly. After a few seconds, the pain dulls to a warmth that I can’t describe. I start to relax a bit. Now I know why vampires show desire this way. It was incredible! It was way more intimate than a kiss. My heart was beating wildly and I enjoyed him drinking from me. I heard him moan slightly. After a minute or two, he pulled away. It was over too soon. He held me to his chest. My heart was still pounding.
“Are you alright?” he asks me.
“Better than alright!” I say breathlessly. He chuckles and holds me tighter to him. I kiss him then look into his gray eyes.
“Your neck is still bleeding.” I’m about to wipe it away with my hand when he stops me. “I’ll get it.” He leans in and licks away the blood and cold shivers run through my body. I start to feel light headed.
“I feel tired.” I say as I lean back onto his chest with his arms wrapped around me.
“It’s the loss of blood. You should sleep.”
“But I want to stay up with you.” I wrap my arms around his neck.
“You need to get your strength.” As he says that, I close my eyes. I drift off to sleep.

I open my eyes. I don’t recognize where I am. I’m in a bed with black satin sheets. I can tell I’m still in my sweat pants and gray tank top but my sneakers were off. I look up and see a huge window with dark drapes drawn closed. I see daylight leak in through a slight opening in the curtains. I sit up and notice the room is much bigger than the dorm rooms. The walls are wood. The room is almost empty except for a dresser, a night table next to the bed, book shelf, and a radio.
“Morning.” I turn to see Tristan in the door way. I smile at him and he walks over. He sits on the bed next to me and kisses me.
“Am I in your room?” I ask, feeling a little self-conscious.
“Yeah, I couldn’t bring myself to give you up.” He smiles at me guiltily.
“I’m glad you didn’t.” I look around the room again. “I like your room.”
“I find it easy since I don’t have a room mate.”
“How come you don’t have a room mate?”
“I didn’t want one.” He says, shrugging. “I liked to be alone and get away from everyone. But that was before you came along. You’re who I want to be with.” I was touched my his words but what he said next surprised me. “I love you.”
I kissed him then said, “I love you too.” I can feel tears in my eyes from being overjoyed. He held my face in his hands.
“I would do anything for you. Anything at all! I couldn’t live without you. You are my life.” I could tell he was saying things he was holding back for a long time and I knew for a fact he wasn’t lying.
“And you can have my heart and soul because you already own them. I can’t see myself without you. You mean the world to me.”
I knew we came to an understanding of what we meant to each other. He was my true love and I was his. I never thought I would fall in love, or even thought about love, before this moment. As we kissed, I knew our relationship was stronger than ever.

When everyone was back, I was still in complete bliss. Gwen kept looking at me suspiciously. We were getting ready for classes.
“You seem different.” Gwen said to me.
“Different good or different bad?” I ask.
“Different good. I can’t figure out what it might be.” As I put my hair in a pony tail, I hear her gasp. “No way!”
“What?”
“You know what! That bite mark on your neck!” She was excited to know about this new development in my relationship with Tristan. His fang marks were almost healed but still noticeable.
“You think I should wear my hair up or down?”
“You should wear it up. What else happened while I was gone?”
“Tristan said he loved me!” We both squealed with shared excitement. We talked about it as we finished getting ready.
I knew people noticed the bite on my neck but I just smiled. I liked seeing the look on Jessica’s face. It was hilarious! She took a triple take and her eyes were so wide, it was a wonder how her eyes didn’t fall out of her head. She almost tripped on the way to her desk.
As the day went on, it started to rain outside. It was still raining after classes were over. I actually enjoyed walking in the rain, especially with Tristan. I stepped in a puddle and stopped. For some reason, I held my hand out over it. I stared into the water and it started to rise. A bubble of water, the size of my palm, floated to my hand. I looked in wonderment. The water floated in midair.
“How are you doing that?” Tristan asks, in as much bewilderment as I was.
“I don’t know. I’ve never done this before.” I looked at my reflection in the floating sphere of water. “I wonder what else I could do.”
I could feel a tingling in my fingertips and I suddenly felt giddy. Perhaps I did have abilities I didn’t know about. I let the water drop to the ground and continued walking to the dorm.
I got to my room and looked at the roses Tristan had given me about a week ago. All of them had died and I only had one left. It was wilting now. I took it out of the vase I had it in. I held it my hand and willed it to become lively. It become red once again and had the vibrancy of a fresh rose. I smiled, not really knowing why.
“That was cool! How did you do that?” Gwen says.
I shrug and say, “On the way here, a made water float in the air.”
“No way.” She says, not believing me.
“Way. I’ll show you.” I grab a bottle of water, open it, and leave it on the desk. I hold my hand over it. The water rises from the bottle. I focused and made it circle around me.
“Told you.” She watches in wonder as I make the water go back into the bottle.
I start to get that dizzy feeling again. My breathing becomes labored. Why does this keep happening? Gwen realizes what’s going on and leads me to the bed. As I sit there, I get the same pain in my chest. I close my eyes and focus. The image of a masked man holding a knife appears. I see myself trying to run from him. Then he plunges the knife into my heart. I open my eyes.
Gwen looks at me with a worried expression. I realize that the pain and breathing problem is gone. This isn’t flash backs to the incident with my parents. I feel like I saw a vision of what will happen. There’s something missing though. I can’t quite grasp what it is.
“I’m fine.” I assure Gwen.
“What did you see?” she asks.
“Same as usual.” I lied.
“At least you didn’t pass out this time.”
“Yeah, I’m sick of waking up not knowing what happened.” I joke, trying to lighten the mood.