Status: ACTIVE AGAIN!!!! :D

Between a Little Piece of Heaven and the Danger Line

Come Back To Me, It's Almost Easy

"Brian is here." Val answered as she rushed towards the door. I couldn't believe it, he actually came over. It made me smile in the inside like it would any other time when Brian steps into the room. "Zack, come here! Come here, Brian's here!" Val said as I flopped onto the couch to rest my shaking legs.

Brian smiled as Valary opened her arms for a hug. I could feel the sadness still sink into me as I watched. With her head buried into his shoulder, You can hear the sobs between them. To be honest, I never thought that bringing Brian back would hit a nerve, well, Val's nerves. She's been so stressed out, trying to keep us all together as a family, without Jimmy's presents. And I appreciate everything she does for us, Jimmy once did too...
"Hey." Brian replied, suddenly standing in front of me.

"You came." I breathed. "I'm so glad that you're here."

"Well, I missed you guys and I needed to talk to you."

"Valary, whose at the front door--" Matt answered, rushing down the stairs. He stopped to stare, nothing but pure silence from him for a moment. I looked into Matt's eyes as they began to water. Profoundly happy to see a smile from their sudden sad faces, I felt tears run down my cheek. Brian looked over at me and back at Matt.

"Matt, Zacky invited Bri over." Valary explained. "I think you guys should talk. Bri, stay for breakfast?"

"Um..sure." Brian said.

"Perfect. We're having pancakes." Val exclaimed before she went into the kitchen.

"I listened....to that demo." Matt explained, nervously. "I think it's awesome."

"Jimmy said....the same thing."

"Well...he was right, it's kick-ass."

"I miss him, Matt."

"I know, I miss him too. But I also missed seeing you."

"It's been a few weeks...." Brian exhaled. "Since Jimmy's funeral, I just thought that....that it was best for me to stay home. But I guess that I was wrong, it only made me feel even more shitty and I'm sorry. I love you guys so much."

"We love you too, Brian." Matt sniffled. "We're a family now and will always be a family."

"I think Jimmy would've wanted that too." I answered, nervously. "Excuse me, can we talk.....Brian?"

"I need a shower, I'll be back." Matt explained, heading back up stairs. Brian turned to me, staring into my eyes as I did the same. It was killing me, he was so beautiful at that moment as he stood there biting his lip.

"Zack, I have to say....you're pretty damn brave to bring us all back as a family."

"Well, I had to. I missed you."

"I missed you too." He replied.

For some reason, I was surprised. Brian missed me. But did he miss me as much as I missed him? Every night I would think about him and dream of him after wards. More than anything, that was the only way to stop thinking about Jimmy. Mostly, I'd have nightmares. I still do...actually and thinking of Brian sometimes cheer me up. Weird as hell, I know. But it's true. It's all true.

"Brian, I need to talk to you. It's about--"

"Last night?" He questioned. "Yeah, thanks for coming over. I'm glad that you came over and took care of me."

I blushed. "Sure, no problem."

"I appreciate it. I just couldn't talk to Michelle. We haven't been getting along lately."

"I'm sorry." I said as I laid my hand onto his restlessly. "Is there anything I can do?"

"Actually, there is something. Can you stay over my place tonight....I really need to chat with you. It's....it's a bit embarrassing."

"And what can that possibly be?" I asked.

"I'll tell you later, but anyways...you wanted to talk."

I nodded. "First, I wanted to tell you that it's my fault that Jimmy is gone. Not to be mellow dramatic, but I saw him last and he went home alone. Jimmy just didn't want me to give 'em a ride. I...tired to, but I failed and I am truly sorry."

Brian moved his hand away from mine and sat me down onto the couch. I didn't look at him this time as he looked at me scrutinizing. "It's not your fault." He said. "You didn't know that this was going to happen. Neither did we, so stop blaming yourself."

"But--"

"Zack, look at me....and tell me that it wasn't your fault."
♠ ♠ ♠
Written by Jazz