Sleep Tight, I'm Not Afraid

Indigo

I leaned against the brick wall behind the school, the smoke dangling loosely from my lips. Jared, my only friend in this damn school looked at me and shook his head at me.

"Those are going to kill you, you know that right?" He mused.

"Let them." I said plainly, not really caring.

He scoffed and ripped the smoke from my mouth and stomped on it. I groaned, mentally cursing the boy. I looked at him standing there in all his glory, his brown hair dangling over top of his hazel eyes, I don't know why the kid hung out with me. He was like a leech, sucking my blood slowly and painfuly.

"Fuck, Jared that was my last one till Friday..." I mumbled.

"I'll flush the next pack you buy down the toilet." He grinned, moving closer.

I raised my eyebrows and watched him move to where he was standing inbetween my legs, his skinny arms wrapped around me. I put my arms lazily around him and rested my head on his. I guess he didn't have to be scared of me like everyone else, he never picked at my bottoms, he knew when to back off and to stop talking, and he enjoyed me being gay. Friends with benifits? Kind of. We did have sex, but it was always me giving, not getting. I've never got, never.

"Sorry," he mumbled into my chest.

I shrugged and pushed him away, running my hand through my midnight blue hair, looking around. "We should go riding tonight".

Jared stared at me for a while, then nodded his head eagerly. Riding was when I took him to the street races that happen 'round here. I race sometimes, and taking Jared just made it fun for me with his swearing at the other driver when ever they passes. I didn't always win, but no one dared to rub it in my face, or tellme I did a good job.

"Yeah!! Let's do it." he grinned, lacing our fingers together.

I still wonder how I managed to snatch a best friend like him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, slash makes the world go round.
(: and Jared is a big thing inthis story, pay attentionto him too (: